It is currently April 28th, 2017, 2:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 7:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 7993
This article was written by Anthony Furey and appeared in the Post Media Network
Over the weekend a conference with attendees from all walks of life was disrupted by a group of angry young white people.

No, they weren’t neo-Nazis or white supremacists. They were the storm troopers of the new activist left.

The day-long conference held at University of Toronto was hosted by Generation Screwed, the student wing of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation. The themes were debt and free speech. Hardly provocative stuff.

Yet in the days leading up to it we were warned – I was a speaker – that security was being brought in due to threats of potentially violent protests.

The big morning speech was by Professor Jordan Peterson, who talked about modernism vs. post-modernism. While it touched upon the political climate of the day, it was academic and far from pitch-fork worthy.

Later, economic conservative voices and occasional Sun columnists Colin Craig, Sean Speer and Ben Eisen spoke about government debt and deficits. It was all numbers, spreadsheets and debt-to-GDP ratio talk.

Then it was time for yours truly to take the podium. My speech touched upon how the political centre has veered far to the left since the 1990s, when the likes of Tony Blair, Bill Clinton and Jean Chretien embraced a sensible hybrid of right and left values.

Because of this alarming shift, even moderate conservatives are now abused and vilified. My advice to attendees on how to survive today's zany political climate was to take the high road and sell the positive motivations behind their views.

A particular point I make as often as I can is that Canadian values matter precisely so we can have something that unifies us all, regardless of our race, gender, sexuality, etc. It’s better than getting ensnared in a cesspool of moral and cultural relativism.

But not long after I spoke, a bunch of white kids stormed the building, flipped furniture and shouted angrily and nonsensically about fascism and racism towards a peaceful and friendly group of racially diverse people.

The last speaker of the day, Ezra Levant, had to give his remarks outside in the cold because these agitators, some masked, pulled fire alarms.

Luckily, it didn’t get as bad as incidents we've seen in the U.S., where leftist hooligans go after happy warriors. But blocks away in front of the U.S. consulate something more troubling was underway.

At an anti-Trump rally, Black Lives Matter Toronto co-founder Yusra Khoghali took the mic. She wouldn’t celebrate the trending hashtag #PrayforQuebecCity because, she claimed, “Quebec City is a white supremacist settler colony.” Then she explained “Justin Trudeau is a white supremacist terrorist”.

_________________
prairie redneck


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 7993
Rise up and fight back,” she told the cheering crowd. “Look at us, we have the numbers.” This is the same Khogali who tweeted out a year ago: “Plz Allah give me the strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

Thankfully, these antics occur on the fringes. Socially well-adjusted people, regardless of their politics, don’t go in for this chaos. For now.

The problem is this toxicity is being normalized. Too many mainstream columnists and outlets are actually stoking the division and hatred flowing out of the new left.

While it’s common sense in Canada that our similarities matter more than our differences, the new politically correct mob and their enablers shamefully fight this notion at every turn. They’re dead set on dividing us along every identity politics line imaginable.

Far left. Fringe left. Alt left. Whatever you want to call it, we need to talk about it. It's full of anger and hate and it's flirting with violence. If it doesn't settle down soon, it'll only get worse.

_________________
prairie redneck


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
It's even happening over here.

phpBB [video]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 7993
Dinky Dianna wrote:
It's even happening over here.

phpBB [video]

Good to see people stand up to the little punks.

_________________
prairie redneck


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 8451
The socialist/Marxists are going to get worse.

Better be ready to stand up for what you believe, because this plague isn't going away anytime soon.

_________________
Rightard. And proud of it!!!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 7993
Bricktop wrote:
The socialist/Marxists are going to get worse.

Better be ready to stand up for what you believe, because this plague isn't going away anytime soon.

Frickin violent anarchists.

_________________
prairie redneck


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 8:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 19391
Herman wrote:
Rise up and fight back,” she told the cheering crowd. “Look at us, we have the numbers.” This is the same Khogali who tweeted out a year ago: “Plz Allah give me the strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

Thankfully, these antics occur on the fringes. Socially well-adjusted people, regardless of their politics, don’t go in for this chaos. For now.

The problem is this toxicity is being normalized. Too many mainstream columnists and outlets are actually stoking the division and hatred flowing out of the new left.

While it’s common sense in Canada that our similarities matter more than our differences, the new politically correct mob and their enablers shamefully fight this notion at every turn. They’re dead set on dividing us along every identity politics line imaginable.

Far left. Fringe left. Alt left. Whatever you want to call it, we need to talk about it. It's full of anger and hate and it's flirting with violence. If it doesn't settle down soon, it'll only get worse.

Agreed. It's going to take leftists to tell them this isn't what being left is all about.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 7993
RW wrote:
Herman wrote:
Rise up and fight back,” she told the cheering crowd. “Look at us, we have the numbers.” This is the same Khogali who tweeted out a year ago: “Plz Allah give me the strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

Thankfully, these antics occur on the fringes. Socially well-adjusted people, regardless of their politics, don’t go in for this chaos. For now.

The problem is this toxicity is being normalized. Too many mainstream columnists and outlets are actually stoking the division and hatred flowing out of the new left.

While it’s common sense in Canada that our similarities matter more than our differences, the new politically correct mob and their enablers shamefully fight this notion at every turn. They’re dead set on dividing us along every identity politics line imaginable.

Far left. Fringe left. Alt left. Whatever you want to call it, we need to talk about it. It's full of anger and hate and it's flirting with violence. If it doesn't settle down soon, it'll only get worse.

Agreed. It's going to take leftists to tell them this isn't what being left is all about.

The leftists in my day did not beat the shit out of people for having a different opinion.

_________________
prairie redneck


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
Bricktop wrote:
The socialist/Marxists are going to get worse.

Better be ready to stand up for what you believe, because this plague isn't going away anytime soon.


Who said population control couldn't be fun. ac_smile


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:09 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 19391
Herman wrote:
RW wrote:
Herman wrote:
Rise up and fight back,” she told the cheering crowd. “Look at us, we have the numbers.” This is the same Khogali who tweeted out a year ago: “Plz Allah give me the strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

Thankfully, these antics occur on the fringes. Socially well-adjusted people, regardless of their politics, don’t go in for this chaos. For now.

The problem is this toxicity is being normalized. Too many mainstream columnists and outlets are actually stoking the division and hatred flowing out of the new left.

While it’s common sense in Canada that our similarities matter more than our differences, the new politically correct mob and their enablers shamefully fight this notion at every turn. They’re dead set on dividing us along every identity politics line imaginable.

Far left. Fringe left. Alt left. Whatever you want to call it, we need to talk about it. It's full of anger and hate and it's flirting with violence. If it doesn't settle down soon, it'll only get worse.

Agreed. It's going to take leftists to tell them this isn't what being left is all about.

The leftists in my day did not beat the shit out of people for having a different opinion.

I don't know a leftist who would beat the shit out of someone for a difference in opinion. I understand the protests but not the riots. Makes you wonder WTF is going on.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
All the lefties I know get agitated and borderline aggressive when their beliefs are challenged or they find out that you're not against Trump.

Never at work though but then again, they can't be extreme left if they have jobs.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 19391
Dinky Dianna wrote:
All the lefties I know get agitated and borderline aggressive when their beliefs are challenged or they find out that you're not against Trump.

Never at work though but then again, they can't be extreme left if they have jobs.

Lefties really hate Trump and get really agitated by his mere mention. I just haven't seen anyone get lynched for it.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 16437
Herman wrote:
RW wrote:
Herman wrote:
Rise up and fight back,” she told the cheering crowd. “Look at us, we have the numbers.” This is the same Khogali who tweeted out a year ago: “Plz Allah give me the strength to not cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today.”

Thankfully, these antics occur on the fringes. Socially well-adjusted people, regardless of their politics, don’t go in for this chaos. For now.

The problem is this toxicity is being normalized. Too many mainstream columnists and outlets are actually stoking the division and hatred flowing out of the new left.

While it’s common sense in Canada that our similarities matter more than our differences, the new politically correct mob and their enablers shamefully fight this notion at every turn. They’re dead set on dividing us along every identity politics line imaginable.

Far left. Fringe left. Alt left. Whatever you want to call it, we need to talk about it. It's full of anger and hate and it's flirting with violence. If it doesn't settle down soon, it'll only get worse.

Agreed. It's going to take leftists to tell them this isn't what being left is all about.

The leftists in my day did not beat the shit out of people for having a different opinion.

They are fucking pussies who think we all need a safe space from different pov's like they do.

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
RW wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
All the lefties I know get agitated and borderline aggressive when their beliefs are challenged or they find out that you're not against Trump.

Never at work though but then again, they can't be extreme left if they have jobs.

Lefties really hate Trump and get really agitated by his mere mention. I just haven't seen anyone get lynched for it.


I got ranted at by a lefty and ordered to leave their house I was visiting and to never contact them again because they asked my opinions about Trump and didn't like the answer.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 16437
Dinky Dianna wrote:
RW wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
All the lefties I know get agitated and borderline aggressive when their beliefs are challenged or they find out that you're not against Trump.

Never at work though but then again, they can't be extreme left if they have jobs.

Lefties really hate Trump and get really agitated by his mere mention. I just haven't seen anyone get lynched for it.


I got ranted at by a lefty and ordered to leave their house I was visiting and to never contact them again because they asked my opinions about Trump and didn't like the answer.

I see you work at Berkely. :laugh3:

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
Shen Li wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
RW wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
All the lefties I know get agitated and borderline aggressive when their beliefs are challenged or they find out that you're not against Trump.

Never at work though but then again, they can't be extreme left if they have jobs.

Lefties really hate Trump and get really agitated by his mere mention. I just haven't seen anyone get lynched for it.


I got ranted at by a lefty and ordered to leave their house I was visiting and to never contact them again because they asked my opinions about Trump and didn't like the answer.

I see you work at Berkely. :laugh3:


Hell no. I despise modern universities for the most part. Particularly West Coast ones from the US.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 9:57 pm 

Joined: September 11th, 2016, 8:33 am
Posts: 1046
The US is the most divided, but IMO this is a world wide civil war between left and right. the populist movement is a big threat to the left. Trump is the first successful implementation of a populist leader (besides Viktor Orban, who somehow does not seem to get noticed much)

The left doesn't know what to do, so they turn up the hysteria and the violence. Will it work? dunno. But if these methods prevail it will only invite more of them.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 10:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 19391
Yeah Right wrote:
The US is the most divided, but IMO this is a world wide civil war between left and right. the populist movement is a big threat to the left. Trump is the first successful implementation of a populist leader (besides Viktor Orban, who somehow does not seem to get noticed much)

The left doesn't know what to do, so they turn up the hysteria and the violence. Will it work? dunno. But if these methods prevail it will only invite more of them.

The left is doing what it's always done - grass roots movements involving protesting. That's typical left. It has worked for a great many things in the past. Who knows what it's going to do on the Trump front. I just wish it would be more contained.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 9:41 am
Posts: 2064
I wish the left dummies would get a decent job and stop acting like crybabies.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Alt Left Hate
Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 11:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 2141
Dinky Dianna wrote:
I wish the left dummies would get a decent job and stop acting like crybabies.

They make it hard for the rest of us to work and express ourselves. If an election or a vote in parliament or congress does not go the way they want it to, they will riot. What spoiled brats.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On | Load: 14.39 ]