It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 8:10 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 10:57 pm 

RW wrote:
Once again, the school did everything it could to promote free speech. Students publishing columns about the event are further exercising their freedom of speech.

Everything except ensure adequate security and discipline which therefore caused the shut down of free speech.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 12:14 am 

Dinky Dianna wrote:
RW wrote:
Once again, the school did everything it could to promote free speech. Students publishing columns about the event are further exercising their freedom of speech.

Everything except ensure adequate security and discipline which therefore caused the shut down of free speech.

The students (and whoever this anti-fascist group was) did that. Berkeley itself sanctioned the event.

Not only that, but there is no legal means for the government to pull funding.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 12:46 am 

RW wrote:
Dinky Dianna wrote:
RW wrote:

The students (and whoever this anti-fascist group was) did that. Berkeley itself sanctioned the event.

Not only that, but there is no legal means for the government to pull funding.

Anyone who has followed Milo's Dangerous gay man tour understands that Berkley let the rioting happen by taking a hands off approach to security.

Governments have numerous ways to defund, by the way.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 12:57 am 

I'm. It under the impression they do and I think Berkeley got caught off guard as what was peaceful had jackasses show up and wreck the place.

Free speech is alive and well at Berkeley.

Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2017, 7:47 am 

phpBB [video]

Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2017, 7:49 am 

kiebers wrote:
phpBB [video]

I haven't watched the video..

Is he a Berkely student kiebers?

Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2017, 7:50 am 

Not that I am aware of. I just thought it was a compelling POV speech.

Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2017, 8:00 am 

kiebers wrote:
Not that I am aware of. I just thought it was a compelling speech.

I'll be sure to look at it later.

Unread postPosted: February 14th, 2017, 9:46 am 

This read of Douglas Murray about sums it up and un-spins the usual spin

To the surprise of absolutely no one, some of the new anti-free speech brigade attempted to prevent the event from happening. But to the surprise of almost everyone, the groups who wish to prevent everyone but themselves from speaking went farther even than they have tended to of late. Before the event could even start, Yiannopoulos was evacuated by security for his own safety.

A mob of 150 people proceeded to riot, smash and set fire to the campus, causing more than $100,000 of damage and otherwise asserting their revised version of Voltaire’s maxim:

“I may disagree with what you say,... but I will defend to your death .... my right to shut you up.”

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:11 pm 

Quote:
Far-Right Troll Milo Yiannopoulos Disinvited From Conservative Political Action Conference

Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos has been disinvited from the annual Conservative Political Action Conference this week “due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia,” according to a statement CPAC released Monday.

Over the weekend, a video surfaced online of the far-right agitator appearing to defend sexual relationships between adults and 13-year-old boys.

American Conservative Union President Matt Schlapp urged Yiannopoulos to “answer the tough questions” and “immediately further address these disturbing comments.”

In a post on Facebook, Yiannopoulos acknowledged he was “partly to blame” for how the comments were perceived.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yiannopoulos-cpac-conference_us_58a8efb7e4b07602ad556b57?

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:15 pm 

The only difference between faggots like you and Milo is he speaks the frickin truth.

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:16 pm 

Romero wrote:
Quote:
Far-Right Troll Milo Yiannopoulos Disinvited From Conservative Political Action Conference

Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos has been disinvited from the annual Conservative Political Action Conference this week “due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia,” according to a statement CPAC released Monday.

Over the weekend, a video surfaced online of the far-right agitator appearing to defend sexual relationships between adults and 13-year-old boys.

American Conservative Union President Matt Schlapp urged Yiannopoulos to “answer the tough questions” and “immediately further address these disturbing comments.”

In a post on Facebook, Yiannopoulos acknowledged he was “partly to blame” for how the comments were perceived.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yiannopoulos-cpac-conference_us_58a8efb7e4b07602ad556b57?

The cheese stands alone.

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:40 pm 

Love Muffin wrote:
The only difference between faggots like you and Milo is he speaks the frickin truth.

Milo speaks the truth to you, eh?

Quote:
Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos appeared to speak tolerantly of pedophilia in video clips shared ahead of his speaking engagement at next week's Conservative Political Action Conference.

The right-wing provocateur recalled his own sexual abuse as a teen and did not appear to outright condemn similar relationships between children and men on a 2016 episode of "The Drunken Peasants" podcast.

He flippantly said young boys "discover who they are" through such relationships, later implying that those relationships can be sexual in nature, and can "give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable rock where they can't speak to their parents.”

A host with the popular podcast fired back at Yiannopoulos and said, "Sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me."

"I'm grateful for Father Michael," Yiannopoulos replied. "I wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-milo-yiannopoulos-speaking-fondly-pedophilia-article-1.2977071

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm 

That is no way to talk about a fellow gay man rohomo. An editorial from the paparazzi? As you queers would say, puuuuleease.

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm 

Love Muffin wrote:
That is no way to talk about a fellow gay man rohomo. An editorial from the paparazzi? As you queers would say, puuuuleease.

It's all over the news, including conservative outlets. There's video and Milo's been busy making excuses.

Quote:
Video surfaces of Milo Yiannopoulos defending pedophilia

“We get hung up on this sort of child abuse stuff,” Yiannopoulos is heard saying in a video, acknowledging that he has a controversial point of view, “to the point where we are heavily policing consensual adults.”

It doesn’t end there.

In an interview with comedian Joe Rogan in 2015, Yiannopoulos discussed his sexual relationship with “Father Michael,” which he allegedly had as a teenager at age 14.

During the interview, he even tried to normalize pedophilia.

“So you’re saying you’ve never seen a 15-year-old girl, at any point in your life, that you thought was hot?” Yiannopoulos asked.

“Yeah, when I was 15!” Rogan replied. “I’m not retarded dude.”

“No, when you were 25 or 30, you’ve never seen girls you thought were hot?” Yiannopoulos asked again.

“No, I thought they were little kids!” Rogan said.

Later, Rogan called “Father Michael” a “terrible person” for allegedly having a sexual relationship with Yiannopoulos when he was a young teenager, but Yiannopoulos tried to downplay it.

“It wasn’t molestation,” he alleged

“That’s absolutely molestation,” Rogan shot back.

Later in the interview, Yiannopoulos talked about a Hollywood party he went to years ago that had “very young boys” in attendance for sex.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/19/video-surfaces-of-milo-yiannopoulos-defending-pedophilia-acu-board-reportedly-not-consulted-on-cpac-invite/

Video in the link. Milo has defended the comments he made, saying he was being "edgy".

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 4:50 pm 

RW wrote:
Romero wrote:
Quote:

The cheese stands alone.

Without entering into the debate about his comments regarding paedophilia, how does this in any way vindicate the left's fascistas violent rebuttal of free speech?

Unread postPosted: February 20th, 2017, 4:52 pm 

This dangerous and violent idiot tries to justify violence.

phpBB [video]

To underscore the fact that the left has infiltrated the education system to an alarming degree, please note this fascist ideologue is a TEACHER.

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2017, 12:39 pm 

Milo Yiannopoulos has been kicked out of CPAC, lost his book deal and resigned from Breitbart.

"I would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues' important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately. This decision is mine alone."

How ironic that his "free speech" is being taken away by the right-wing and himself!

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2017, 1:08 pm 

phpBB [video]

Unread postPosted: February 21st, 2017, 1:23 pm 

:laugh: Did the left kick Milo out of CPAC? Did the left force Milo to resign from Breitbart? Nope!