It is currently September 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 4:10 pm 

No surprise here. Does anyone really think Trudeau is going to promote jobs and growth through carbon taxes, massive debt, epensive refugee settlement programs and hading out billions in foreign aid?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... urity-poll
OTTAWA — Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trump’s approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trump’s inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeau’s “disapproval” rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trump’s disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.

Canadians surveyed by Mainstreet gave Trump 51-per-cent approval and 39-per-cent disapproval on the U.S. president’s approach to national security. Trudeau, by contrast had the approval of just 39 per cent of Canadians and the disapproval of 37 per cent.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 4:37 pm 

That's what sucks - his want to keep jobs at home and to secure the nation are decent ideas. He's just such a moronic sleezeball that he's hard to get behind.

(Yes Azhya, we know you don't give a shit about what I have to say.)

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 7:27 pm 

Trump offends my libertarian beliefs, as did Hillary, but Trudeau is incompetent and his year in office speaks for itself. Most Canadian pm's serve two terms and I don't see any reason, no matter how stagnant the job market remains, no matter how much debt he adds, no matter how many sneaky new tax grabs, no matter how many conflicts of interest, that Trudeau will not be our pm in 2020.

As much as I dislike Trump personally, I would prefer him over Trudeau. That is anything, but a ringing endorsement of Trump.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 7:29 pm 

Thiel wrote:
Trump offends my libertarian beliefs, as did Hillary, but Trudeau is incompetent and his year in office speaks for itself. Most Canadian pm's serve two terms and I don't see any reason, no matter how stagnant the job market remains, no matter how much debt he adds, no matter how many sneaky new tax grabs, no matter how many conflicts of interest, that Trudeau will not be our pm in 2020.

As much as I dislike Trump personally, I would prefer him over Trudeau. That is anything, but a ringing endorsement of Trump.

You mean you don't like deficit spending and carbon tax? WTF Thiel?! :wink:

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 7:31 pm 

RW wrote:
Thiel wrote:

You mean you don't like deficit spending and carbon tax? WTF Thiel?! :wink:

Call me crazy.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 8:01 pm 

Trump hasn't shown that he can manage ANYTHING yet.

So to give him thumbs up for his economic management of the US is premature at this point.

I'd rather see his performance a year or two into his administration to rate him.

Unread postPosted: February 8th, 2017, 8:11 pm 

JOE wrote:

So to give him thumbs up for his economic management of the US is premature at this point.

I'd rather see his performance a year or two into his administration to rate him.

Nobody said he has produced as president. But, we do know that Trudeau is underperforming and doing things that harm jobs, growth, and taxes. I have not met anyone who seriously believes Trudeau will produce better economic performance than Trump. No carbon tax alone will give the US an advantage over us.

Unread postPosted: February 9th, 2017, 9:23 am 

Thiel wrote:
JOE wrote:

Nobody said he has produced as president. But, we do know that Trudeau is underperforming and doing things that harm jobs, growth, and taxes. I have not met anyone who seriously believes Trudeau will produce better economic performance than Trump. No carbon tax alone will give the US an advantage over us.

Joe knows carbon taxes puts Canada at a disadvantage with the US. He is being his usual troll self.