It is currently April 28th, 2017, 2:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 7:32 am 

Someone gets it! Very good, Mark Wahlberg!

Mark Wahlberg: Celebrities ‘Live in a Bubble’ and Shouldn’t Talk Politics

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... cs-w453566

Don’t expect to get into a political debate with Mark Wahlberg. The Patriots Day star told Task & Purpose magazine he stayed mum during the controversial 2016 election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton because he doesn’t think celebrities should discuss politics.

“A lot of celebrities did, do, and shouldn’t [talk politics],” he told the magazine, explaining that A-listers aren’t on the same playing field as the common voter. “They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family.”

However, despite his own major celebrity status, Wahlberg considers himself to be in touch with the everyday man.

“Me, I’m very aware of the real world. I come from the real world, and I exist in the real world,” he said. “And although I can navigate Hollywood, and I love the business and the opportunities it’s afforded me, I also understand what it’s like not to have all that.”

The actor grew up in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, the youngest of nine children — one of his older siblings is New Kids on the Block singer Donnie Wahlberg — and he has been vocal about his past drug use and run-ins with the law. Prior to bursting onto the music scene in the '90s as the hunky rapper Marky Mark, he worked as a bricklayer and suffered from cocaine addiction by the age of 13.

“As soon as I began that life of crime, there was always a voice in my head telling me I was going to end up in jail," he told biographer Matt Green, in The Amazing Life of Mark Wahlberg, about being locked up. “Now I’d earned my stripes, and I was just like them, and I realized it wasn’t what I wanted at all. I’d ended up in the worst place I could possibly imagine, and I never wanted to go back.”

Wahlberg, now a dad of four, credits his faith for getting himself back on track.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 7:34 am 

This woman needs to retire now. She thinks her political views matter.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 7:35 am 

This one too.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 8:15 am 

Azhya Aryola wrote:
Someone gets it! Very good, Mark Wahlberg!

Mark Wahlberg: Celebrities ‘Live in a Bubble’ and Shouldn’t Talk Politics

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... cs-w453566

Don’t expect to get into a political debate with Mark Wahlberg. The Patriots Day star told Task & Purpose magazine he stayed mum during the controversial 2016 election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton because he doesn’t think celebrities should discuss politics.

“A lot of celebrities did, do, and shouldn’t [talk politics],” he told the magazine, explaining that A-listers aren’t on the same playing field as the common voter. “They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family.”

However, despite his own major celebrity status, Wahlberg considers himself to be in touch with the everyday man.

“Me, I’m very aware of the real world. I come from the real world, and I exist in the real world,” he said. “And although I can navigate Hollywood, and I love the business and the opportunities it’s afforded me, I also understand what it’s like not to have all that.”

The actor grew up in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, the youngest of nine children — one of his older siblings is New Kids on the Block singer Donnie Wahlberg — and he has been vocal about his past drug use and run-ins with the law. Prior to bursting onto the music scene in the '90s as the hunky rapper Marky Mark, he worked as a bricklayer and suffered from cocaine addiction by the age of 13.

“As soon as I began that life of crime, there was always a voice in my head telling me I was going to end up in jail," he told biographer Matt Green, in The Amazing Life of Mark Wahlberg, about being locked up. “Now I’d earned my stripes, and I was just like them, and I realized it wasn’t what I wanted at all. I’d ended up in the worst place I could possibly imagine, and I never wanted to go back.”

Wahlberg, now a dad of four, credits his faith for getting himself back on track.

Finally, an acior or musician who realizes they do live in a bubble.
:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 3:54 pm 

Whether or not they live in a bubble, many of them aren't that smart.

Cruise is a Scientologist. How dumb can you be?

Clooney; "He made money selling women's shoes, insurance door-to-door, stocking shelves, working construction, and cutting tobacco."

Jolie; "She also struggled with insomnia and an eating disorder,[14] and began experimenting with drugs; by age 20, she had used "just about every drug possible," particularly heroin. Jolie suffered episodes of depression and twice planned to commit suicide—at age 19 and again at 22, when she attempted to hire a hitman to kill her"

Yeah, real geniuses.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 6:14 pm 

I agree. I don't understand the rave over them. A woman at work apparently loves Jennifer Aniston and did not take it well when I told her that I find her dumb.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 6:16 pm 

Politicians like their support because those bubble-heads have money, especially the leftards.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 10:38 pm 

Quote:
......I believe President to be Ronald Reagan built his career by snitching on his fellow actors and actresses and ruining them ...........

....A man witb Trump's newfound power can ruin a lotta people & derail their careers............

.......Oh well. Free speech was nice while they had it.

What world do you live in JoeJoe?

What part of Hollywood "bubble-heads" didn't you get?

You and Eddy, the 2 hokey "Cite"less Maker-uppers in a boat

Since Nov 8 it's been a hoot wachinyas lose it more every day as the dreaded TDS grows withinyas

:laugh: :laugh:

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 11:04 pm 

Will someone point me to the bit which says they will lose their right to freedom of speech, please. You know, the part that Joe obviously read.

I thought we are saying these overpaid, overrated, under educated have no credibility when it comes to telling non celebs how and what to do.

Unread postPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 11:11 pm 

That's what you thought, I thought and everyone else thought .. 'cxept for JoeJoe

This TDS is a horrible affliction .. it gets worse every day .. until ... well .... I can't bring myself to tell him

Unread postPosted: December 4th, 2016, 3:19 am 

Why bother.

It seems incurable.

Unread postPosted: December 4th, 2016, 6:45 am 

The has-been Sally Field had this to say about Trump on Chelsea:

“If you look at his history, there is no evidence that he can do one single thing that he says he’s going to do.”

Really? How dumb are you, Sally Field? Obviously, very. Sally Field should stick to acting if she is still wanted and Chelsea needs to continue her weekly therapy.

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 8:01 am 

There they go again--liberal celebrities advocate for a coup

Celebrities beg electors to be ‘heroes’ and vote against Trump
http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/celebritie ... nst-trump/

Quote:
Celebrities are teaming up to beg Republicans in the Electoral College to vote against President-elect Donald Trump, pledging their “respect” for potential “heroes.”

A slew of other has-been and B- or C-list celebs have piled on, calling for 37 “conscientious Republican electors” to swing the Dec. 19 Electoral College vote away from Trump.

“I’m not asking you to vote for Hillary Clinton,” some in the video say — just don’t vote for Trump.

“As you know, the Constitution gives electors the right to vote for any eligible person,” a celeb in the video states.

Sheen, who played the president in the hit series “The West Wing,” whose cast campaigned for Clinton, adds: “Any eligible person — no matter which party they belong to.”

“By voting your conscience, you and other brave Republican electors can give the House of Representatives the option to select a qualified candidate for the presidency,” says Richard Schiff, who played the communications director in that show.

“What is evident is that Donald Trump lacks more than the qualifications to be president. He lacks the necessary stability and clearly the respect for the Constitution of our great nation,” say the celebs.

Sheen pledges that anyone who votes his or her way will go “down in the books as an American hero,” and others say those electors will “have my respect.”

The video, released on YouTube by Unite for America, not only features Sheen and Schiff, but also Debra Messing, James Cromwell, BD Wong, Noah Wyle, Freda Payne, Bob Odenkirk, J. Smith Cameron, Michael Urie, Moby, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit, Christine Lahti, Steven Pasquale, Dominic Fumusa and Emily Tyra.

Do they not care that what they are asking for would be legitimate grounds for civil war? Another new low for the left. The real deplorables are showing us who they are.

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 8:29 am 

Yeah Right wrote:
There they go again--liberal celebrities advocate for a coup

Celebrities beg electors to be ‘heroes’ and vote against Trump
http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/celebritie ... nst-trump/

Quote:
Celebrities are teaming up to beg Republicans in the Electoral College to vote against President-elect Donald Trump, pledging their “respect” for potential “heroes.”

A slew of other has-been and B- or C-list celebs have piled on, calling for 37 “conscientious Republican electors” to swing the Dec. 19 Electoral College vote away from Trump.

“I’m not asking you to vote for Hillary Clinton,” some in the video say — just don’t vote for Trump.

“As you know, the Constitution gives electors the right to vote for any eligible person,” a celeb in the video states.

Sheen, who played the president in the hit series “The West Wing,” whose cast campaigned for Clinton, adds: “Any eligible person — no matter which party they belong to.”

“By voting your conscience, you and other brave Republican electors can give the House of Representatives the option to select a qualified candidate for the presidency,” says Richard Schiff, who played the communications director in that show.

“What is evident is that Donald Trump lacks more than the qualifications to be president. He lacks the necessary stability and clearly the respect for the Constitution of our great nation,” say the celebs.

Sheen pledges that anyone who votes his or her way will go “down in the books as an American hero,” and others say those electors will “have my respect.”

The video, released on YouTube by Unite for America, not only features Sheen and Schiff, but also Debra Messing, James Cromwell, BD Wong, Noah Wyle, Freda Payne, Bob Odenkirk, J. Smith Cameron, Michael Urie, Moby, Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit, Christine Lahti, Steven Pasquale, Dominic Fumusa and Emily Tyra.

Do they not care that what they are asking for would be legitimate grounds for civil war? Another new low for the left. The real deplorables are showing us who they are.

Isn't that why the Electoral College was created? To ensure a charismatic tyrant couldn't manipulate public opinion and come into power? I believe Hamilton addressed these concerns in the Federalist Papers saying electors would ensure a qualified person would become president.

Trump is EXACTLY who your Founding Fathers were trying to keep from wrecking your country. People would go to war so a lying, unqualified dickhead can stroke his ego with the White House? If so, you're dumber than y'all look.

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 11:16 am 

Azhya Aryola wrote:
Celebrities Should Not Talk Politics Because They Live In A Bubble

:laugh:

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 11:51 am 

Well played Romero. Well played. :thumbup:

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 2:26 pm 

More leftist twisting.

Trump has a little more in his CV than that show.

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 2:27 pm 

Oberon wrote:
More leftist twisting.

Trump has a little more in his CV than that show.

So does Martin Sheen.

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 2:34 pm 

Oh?

Ran a corporation, did he?

Employed thousands?

Sheen Inc?

Oh, wait...he did raise a dysfunctional junkie...

Unread postPosted: December 15th, 2016, 2:38 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Oh?

Ran a corporation, did he?

Employed thousands?

Sheen Inc?

Oh, wait...he did raise a dysfunctional junkie...

See, this is what I mean. You rightards don't look past the nose on your faces but for some reason think you've got it all figured out.