It is currently May 25th, 2017, 1:08 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 2:35 pm 

Of course we will. :oeudC:

Is there any stipulations about refugees returning home once the dust has settled?

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 3:05 pm 

seoulbro wrote:
I guess Trump supporters in Canada will not like this.

Trudeau says Canada will take refugees banned by U.S.
TORONTO –€” Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has a message for refugees rejected by U.S. President Donald Trump: Canada will take you.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/tru ... anned-u-s/

Justin Trudeau is in many ways, the ideological successor of one his mentors, Barrack Obama.

In their press conference together, Obama handed off his moral authority to him:

phpBB [video]

Wasn't too crazy about Obama, and I'm not of Trudeau either.

He seems a bit too wishy washy and sometimes too impractical.

Like Obama, Trudeau also panders to social fringe groups.

Still, unlike the Democrats in the States, the Liberals may well be re-elected again with a majority.

Different country, different electorate and social mentality will probably enable this repeat victory.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 5:58 pm 

RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
It does not have the right to detain people in airports who hold American green cards without a valid reason. "Because some terrorists come from these countries" doesn't cut it.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to another human being. It seriously blows my mind. :dash1:

Where did it say in the article you posted that the two Iraqi men had green cards? (nowhere)
And again where in the constitution does it say that the US must accept refugees? (nowhere)

Since when were refugees from Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Iran...? This isn't about refugees ya nub.

Refugees, migrants, dickheads I don't care what you want to call them, keep them out. You can have them instead. And from the looks of it you may be taking them. I feel bad for the sensible people of Canada like IHJ, Shen Li, Herman and CC but hopefully next time you can get rid of your assclown PM who cares more about Muslims than his own people.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:12 pm 

Sensible.

Jesus wept.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:23 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
It does not have the right to detain people in airports who hold American green cards without a valid reason. "Because some terrorists come from these countries" doesn't cut it.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this to another human being. It seriously blows my mind. :dash1:

Where did it say in the article you posted that the two Iraqi men had green cards? (nowhere)
And again where in the constitution does it say that the US must accept refugees? (nowhere)

Since when were refugees from Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Iran...? This isn't about refugees ya nub.

Refugees, migrants, dickheads I don't care what you want to call them, keep them out. You can have them instead. And from the looks of it you may be taking them. I feel bad for the sensible people of Canada like IHJ, Shen Li, Herman and CC but hopefully next time you can get rid of your assclown PM who cares more about Muslims than his own people.

True Dope is a feminist, but attended a mosque that discriminates against women. :crazy: True Dope would throw his kids under the bus for his beloved Islam. I am going to post something about this in the extremism thread.

An indefinite ban on Syrian refugees, I love it. :yahoo:

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:29 pm 

WTF are you celebrating? Canada is getting them. :P

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:32 pm 

RW wrote:
I don't know why you people keep using the word "refugee". He's banned people in general from specific countries from so much as visiting the US regardless if they hold a VISA.

Of course, because it was mostly a bunch of guys who overstayed their visas that killed over 3000 people on 9-11. The only problem with what Trump has done is he should have included Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Afghanistan and some others on the ban lists as well.

BTW According to this, despite the liberal judges ruling DHS is still doing what Trump told them, just not on the specific case that the judge halted.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/29/s ... on-policy/
Quote:
At least so far, DHS is essentially saying that they will comply with orders regarding specific individuals for the time being, but overall the policy is still in effect.
In a statement issued in the early hours of Sunday, the Department said: “President Trump’s Executive Orders remain in place — prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety.”

Also as to greencards
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/us/r ... .html?_r=0
Quote:
White House officials said that green card holders from the seven affected countries who are outside the United States would need a case-by-case waiver to return.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 6:38 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
I don't know why you people keep using the word "refugee". He's banned people in general from specific countries from so much as visiting the US regardless if they hold a VISA.

Of course, because it was mostly a bunch of guys who overstayed their visas that killed over 3000 people on 9-11. The only problem with what Trump has done is he should have included Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Afghanistan and some others on the ban lists as well.

BTW According to this, despite the liberal judges ruling DHS is still doing what Trump told them, just not on the specific case that the judge halted.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/01/29/s ... on-policy/
Quote:
At least so far, DHS is essentially saying that they will comply with orders regarding specific individuals for the time being, but overall the policy is still in effect.
In a statement issued in the early hours of Sunday, the Department said: “President Trump’s Executive Orders remain in place — prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety.”

Also as to greencards
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/28/us/r ... .html?_r=0
Quote:
White House officials said that green card holders from the seven affected countries who are outside the United States would need a case-by-case waiver to return.

Denying people who hold green cards or work VISAs who live in the US to return "home" is disgusting BTW. Really fucking shameful.

And why isn't Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and many others on the list? What's the rationale?

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 9:27 pm 

RW wrote:
Denying people who hold green cards or work VISAs who live in the US to return "home" is disgusting BTW. Really fucking shameful

No, not at all. It makes perfect sense. Sombody on a green card who has been here less than a year and is on a watch list should be told to get the fuck out. Somebody who has been here 5 years and not caused any problems will most likely be allowed to retun.

Quote:

RW wrote:
And why isn't Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and many others on the list? What's the rationale?

You're right. they should be on the ban list tool. But half a loaf is better than none, which is what we would have got with Hillarpig.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 9:37 pm 

RW wrote:

Ask Obongo.

Obama administration originally flagged 7 countries in Trump's order
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -countries

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 9:46 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:

Actually, while the mainstream media won't write about it, there's a lot of resentment among ordinary Canadians about the Syrian refugees and how much help the Canadian government is giving them while not helping Canadian born citizens. I see many impoverished Canadians living in the ghettos of Vancouver and Surrey who could use that help, but the government doesn't do anything for them. Single white moms who are barely hanging on to their rental units while the government gives free housing to Syrian refugees. I mean wtf? These are stories which the press doesn't write about, but they should. Yet won't because the prevailing social atmosphere of political correctness here.

But the government should realize that every time a Syrian refugee or immigrant gets free housing or financial assistance, it only means that a Canadian born citizen is denied a place which should go to them. In many ways, the refugees displace our own citizens and make them poorer.

So there is some truth in what you say. Some governments are so pro refugee pro immigrant that they foreget to help their own citizens.

Unread postPosted: January 29th, 2017, 10:47 pm 

The Obama Administration Stopped Processing Iraq Refugee Requests For 6 Months In 2011
http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/18/the ... s-in-2011/

Oh, but it was okay when Obungles did it.

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 7:37 am 

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 8:17 am 

Shen Li wrote:

And what year was that? :001_rolleyes:

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 9:04 am 

RW wrote:
Shen Li wrote:

And what year was that? :001_rolleyes:

I did not know about this. I did a check and it was April 7, 1980.

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 12:04 pm 

Why does it matter what year it was?

BTW this was 2011

Oh and another BTW, Obama bombed 5 of the 7 countries that Trump banned refugess from.
But I guess denying entry is horrible, but Bombing is fine. :001_rolleyes: :oeudC:

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 12:16 pm 

Quote:
1. Much narrower focus: The Obama administration conducted a review in 2011 of the vetting procedures applied to citizens of a single country (Iraq) and then only to refugees and applicants for Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs), created by Congress to help Iraqis (and later Afghans) who supported the United States in those conflicts. The Trump executive order, on the other hand, applies to seven countries with total population more than 130 million, and to virtually every category of immigrant other than diplomats, including tourists and business travelers.

2. Not a ban: Contrary to Trump’s Sunday statement and the repeated claims of his defenders, the Obama administration did not “ban visas for refugees from Iraq for six months.” For one thing, refugees don’t travel on visas. More importantly, while the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here. In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.

3. Grounded in specific threat: The Obama administration’s 2011 review came in response to specific threat information, including the arrest in Kentucky of two Iraqi refugees, still the only terrorism-related arrests out of about 130,000 Iraqi refugees and SIV holders admitted to the United States. Thus far, the Trump administration has provided no evidence, nor even asserted, that any specific information or intelligence has led to its draconian order.

4. Orderly, organized process: The Obama administration’s review was conducted over roughly a dozen deputies and principals committee meetings, involving Cabinet and deputy Cabinet-level officials from all of the relevant departments and agencies — including the State, Homeland Security and Justice Departments — and the intelligence community. The Trump executive order was reportedly drafted by White House political officials and then presented to the implementing agencies a fait accompli. This is not just bad policymaking practice, it led directly to the confusion, bordering on chaos, that has attended implementation of the order by agencies that could only start asking questions (such as: “does this apply to green card holders?”) once the train had left the station.

5. Far stronger vetting today: Much has been made of Trump’s call for “extreme vetting” for citizens of certain countries. The entire purpose of the Obama administration’s 2011 review was to enhance the already stringent vetting to which refugees and SIV applicants were subjected. While many of the details are classified, those rigorous procedures, which lead to waiting times of 18-24 months for many Iraqi and Syrian refugees, remain in place today and are continually reviewed by interagency officials. The Trump administration is, therefore, taking on a problem that has already been (and is continually being) addressed.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/sorry-mr-president-the-obama-administration-did-nothing-similar-to-your-immigration-ban/

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 12:24 pm 

Quote:
Two Syrian Families Detained at Philadelphia International Airport, Then Put on Return Flight Home

The two Christian families had secured visas and green cards months ago and were fleeing Damascus, a relative from Allentown, Pennsylvania, said.

The families, made of up two brothers, their wives and two children, were detained by Customs and Border Protection officials after disembarking a Qatar Airways flight at 7:25 a.m., according to Joseph Assali, of Allentown.

Three hours later, the six were put back on a Qatar Airways flight to Doha, Assali said.

"This is like a nightmare come true," he said, adding that they had visas and green cards legally obtained months ago.

"They're all Christian citizens and the executive order was supposed to protect Christians fleeing persecution," he said.

Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf, Mayor Jim Kenney, U.S. Rep Bob Brady and Senator Bob Casey joined 150 protesters at the airport Saturday night to intervene on behalf of the detained immigrants.

"By several accounts, these families waited months to obtain the proper documentation so they could come to our country legally," Kenney said in a released statement. "And still, they were sent back to a war-torn nation that has used chemical warfare against its own people. The Trump administration very well may have just given these families a death sentence."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Two-Syrian-Families-Detained-at-Philadelphia-International-Airport-Told-to-Fly-Back-Family-Member-Says-412047173.html

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 1:31 pm 

Quote:
Trump saves America from 75-year-old grandmother

A 75-year-old Iranian woman who was detained after flying to the U.S. to visit her grandchildren says she still loves Americans.

Marzieh Moosavizadeh told MSNBC’s Jacob Soboroff that “I love you, people of America.”

Moosavizadeh has been a permanent legal resident of the U.S. since 1997, said her grandson, who flew from Phoenix to Los Angeles to pick her up. She spends most of her time in Iran, but often travels to the U.S. to see her family. According to the LA Times, she was detained at the Los Angeles International Airport for about nine hours.

“Sitting there for eight hours, for somebody who has arthritis, is very, very hard,” Moosavizadeh told the LA Times, as translated by her son. “Please, tell Mr. Trump when they make these kind of decisions, think it all the way through.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iranian-grandmother-trump-detained_us_588f5a35e4b01763779574b2?0hz0zuqwy3xrpmn29&

Quote:
Sean Spicer: 5-year-old boy may pose a threat

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that the Trump administration would not apologize for detaining a 5-year-old Iranian boy because it was done to keep the country safe.

Video published by WJLA over the weekend showed the 5-year-old boy being reunited with his mother after he was detained at Washington Dulles International Airport for hours on Saturday.

On Monday, NBC White House correspondent Kristen Welker pressed Spicer about whether the detention was necessary.

“The president recognizes that it is his duty and obligation to keep this country safe,” Spicer explained. “And by instituting a process by which we look at these countries over a 90-day period and the process by which the people can come in out of this country to ensure the safety of each and every one of us, I think, is something that makes a heck of a lot of sense.”

“When you look at the 329,000 people [who traveled to the U.S. over the weekend], 109 were inconvenienced for the safety and security of us all,” the Trump spokesman said. “And to make sure that, if they are a 5 year old, that maybe they’re with their parents and they don’t pose a threat.”

“But to assume that just because of someone’s age or gender or whatever that they don’t pose a threat would be misguided and wrong.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/sean-spicer-defends-detention-of-5-year-old-its-misguided-to-think-kids-dont-pose-a-threat/

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 1:42 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:
Why does it matter what year it was?

BTW this was 2011

Oh and another BTW, Obama bombed 5 of the 7 countries that Trump banned refugess from.
But I guess denying entry is horrible, but Bombing is fine. :001_rolleyes: :oeudC:

It does not matter. The shia Islamic revolution lives on 37 years on in Iran.

I have lived a lot of years in the Middle East and I have been to Iran. The people of that country have very different thoughts than the clerics who run that nation. Iranian women love wearing fashionable clothes. The men love their liquor when they can get it. So, while the country's leaders are crazy, the masses are embrace modernity.

I have been to Mubarek's Egypt where just the opposite was true. The government was not a terror supporter, but sympathy for jihad was widespread among the people.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next