It is currently February 21st, 2017, 8:04 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:40 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:
Why does it matter what year it was?

Exactly! It does not matter what year it was.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:44 pm 

I've known Iranian and Egyptian women. I've been to Egypt. The Iranian and Egyptian women I've known are assertive and modern women and very very fashionable. Heavy make up and cologne too, and only wear designer brand accessories and clothes, same with cars.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:57 pm 

Heaven knows, I have not lived the most perfect life. Criminal record, drug and alcohol habits, numerous infidelities during my first marriage and a too quick to settle disputes with my fists(which is mostly why I have a criminal record).

Unread postPosted: January 30th, 2017, 5:05 pm 

Romero wrote:
meme

So you're in favor of banning those four countries too then, eh?

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 2:55 pm 

Nope, just pointing out the fraud and hypocrisy.

Heaven knows, I have not lived the most perfect life. Criminal record, drug and alcohol habits, numerous infidelities during my first marriage and a too quick to settle disputes with my fists(which is mostly why I have a criminal record).

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Family of Syrians Deported From Philadelphia Supported Donald Trump

A Pennsylvania family fighting to have their relatives return to the United States after they were detained at Philadelphia International Airport and sent back overseas under the immigration order told "NBC Nightly News" that they supported Donald Trump for president.

“I understand he wants to make America safe,” Sarmad Assali said. "We're all on with this. I definitely want to be in a safe place. But people need us and we need to be there for them."

Assali and her husband, Dr. Ghassan Assali, who has a dentistry practice and received his degree from New York University, are originally from Syria but have been living in the United States for more than 20 years.

Assali's two brothers, their wives and their two children initiated their immigration attempts in 2003 while living in Syria. In December 2016, they were approved to join Assali and her husband in Allentown after the couple bought and furnished a home for them.

But early Saturday morning, after they landed at Philadelphia International Airport, Assali's relatives were detained. They were then sent on an 18-hour flight back overseas.

"Two security guards were waiting for them," Assali said. "They took them. They said, 'Are you Syrians?' They said, 'Yes.' They said, 'Come with us.'"

Assali's relatives, who are all Orthodox Christians, had visas and proof of green cards. The six Syrians were told they had to go back on the next flight and return to the Middle East, according to Assali.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Assali-Family-Syria-Donald-Trump-Vote-Allentown-Immigration-Ban-Travel-Order-412238593.html

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 3:11 pm 

Romero wrote:
Nope, just pointing out the fraud and hypocrisy.

Odd.

You never raised the issue when Obama authorised actually bombing these countries.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-01-30-o ... thing.html

In fact, if I read correctly, those 7 countries were identified as facilitating the free passage of terrorists during the Obama administration.

Going further, the ban is not due to any casualties they may or may not have caused, BUT BECAUSE THEIR GOVERNMENT IS SO DYSFUNCTIONAL, TERRORISTS FREELY OBTAIN TRAVEL DOCUMENTS that enable them to travel to the US.

Just pointing out the fraud and hypocrisy.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 3:47 pm 

Romero wrote:
Obama has bombed more countries than GW Bush. Obama is even bombing Iraq, a war he "ended". Around 10,000 US troops remain in Afghanistan, another war he "ended".

We could say that America has retreated from Libya. After Obama and Clinton made it a hellhole like Bush and Cheney did with Iraq.

The US is bombing and invading countries all around Russia's geopolitical sphere. Russia isn't bombing and invading anything close to ours.

How many died in 9/11 compared to how many have died under Obama and Bush alone?

Obama has only bombed seven Muslim countries in six years. (Sarcasm)

Just a few examples from the last couple of years. I've been against every one of Obama's "humanitarian interventions" from the start.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 3:54 pm 

Admirable.

Then where, pray tell, is this hypocrisy of which you speak?

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 4:00 pm 

Trump? Banning people from countries in which none of their citizens have performed terrorist attacks in the US. Why isn't Saudi Arabia in the ban?

Do business with Trump and you're off the list! That hypocrisy. Making America safe one dollar at a time.

The hypocrisy of "keeping America safe" by detaining and deporting legal citizens and visitors.

The hypocrisy of claiming "but it's Obama's list" when that has nothing to do with what Trump is doing.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:00 pm 

Romero...calmez vous, mon ami.

In one breath you re-inforce the fact that this list was compiled on Obama's watch, yet allude to Trump's business activities. By the way, is there a reference to these purported business activities? And is he the only American to be doing business in these nations? Is there clear evidence that this swayed his judgment?

How is deporting or denying entry to potential terrorists "hypocrisy".

And why do you keep ignoring the facts. The ban was NOT based on past or present acts of terrorism, but on the advice of the security agencies of the US that they are so ineffective in governing themselves, that terrorists can easily access the US through them. Now, I'd be the first to recognise that US security agencies have a pretty abysmal record, but he is merely doing what he said he would do, and which the American people then voted him in to do.

Now...where is this hypocrisy?

I'm only seeing THAT on the left.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:06 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
The ban was NOT based on past or present acts of terrorism, but on the advice of the security agencies of the US that they are so ineffective in governing themselves, that terrorists can easily access the US through them.

Bullshit. Trump and Bannon didn't get any advice from any security agencies. They just wrote it up. They didn't even consult the Department of Homeland Security!

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:06 pm 

Romero wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
The ban was NOT based on past or present acts of terrorism, but on the advice of the security agencies of the US that they are so ineffective in governing themselves, that terrorists can easily access the US through them.

Bullshit. Trump and Bannon didn't get any advice from any security agencies. They just wrote it up. They didn't even consult the Department of Homeland Security!

How do you know that?

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:09 pm 

Quote:
As President Trump signed a sweeping executive order on Friday, shutting the borders to refugees and others from seven largely Muslim countries, the secretary of homeland security was on a White House conference call getting his first full briefing on the global shift in policy.

Gen. John F. Kelly, the secretary of homeland security, had dialed in from a Coast Guard plane as he headed back to Washington from Miami. Along with other top officials, he needed guidance from the White House, which had not asked his department for a legal review of the order.

Halfway into the briefing, someone on the call looked up at a television in his office. “The president is signing the executive order that we’re discussing,” the official said, stunned.

“The details of it were not thought through,” said Stephen Heifetz, who served in the Justice and Homeland Security Departments, as well as the C.I.A., under the previous three presidents. “It is not surprising there was mass confusion, and I expect the confusion and chaos will continue for some time.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/donald-trump-rush-immigration-order-chaos.html?referer=https://t.co/luMb3mklKu

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:09 pm 

Ouch.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:21 pm 

Romero wrote:
Bricktop wrote:

So, what you're saying is the President of the US sat down and span his globe around, put his finger on it, and chose 7 countries to ban entry from?

By a massive turn of fate it was the same 7 countries Obama had already chosen to alter their via entry requirements, effectively imposing the vetting required by Trump's proposal.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 5:24 pm 

If Obana already vetted these countries, what drove Trump to review them again while requiring a ban?

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 8:13 pm 

Ask him?

I presume it is because he told the electorate that is what he WOULD do if elected, and they elected HIM.

:oeudC:

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 8:32 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Ask him?

I presume it is because he told the electorate that is what he WOULD do if elected, and they elected HIM.

His predecessors did the same thing as Trump, but did not tell the people about it. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Unread postPosted: February 1st, 2017, 8:36 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Ask him?

That's not a rationale for an action.

Nice try.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next