It is currently February 22nd, 2017, 6:25 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 1:20 pm 

RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
I'm not going to fall for a left wing double standard. obama lied all the time. the left and the media never minded a bit. So suddenly the right is expected to stand up and enforce a code one their own the left let their people get away with. Nope. Not a chance

Furthermore its either trump or the people who oppose him that will have power next. the people who oppose him are absoluytely horrible, and have repeatedly demonstrated this with their actions, There's no way they should have power over anything.

You say Obama lied all the time then produced a list of 80 lies he told over 8 years. That's 10 lies a year. On the flip, I produced a list of 33 lies Trump has told in the first two weeks. You might want to rethink your claim.

But let me get this straight...because the left biased media didn't call Obama out for lying, you support Trump lying? How does that make a lick of logical sense?

As to politifact, its biased, (as several have documented) but they have to pretend to be objective now and then.

Please point to all the posts where you have called out Trudeau on his lies. After all I wouldnt want you expecting me to do something that you wouldn't do.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 1:30 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
I'm not going to fall for a left wing double standard. obama lied all the time. the left and the media never minded a bit. So suddenly the right is expected to stand up and enforce a code one their own the left let their people get away with. Nope. Not a chance

Furthermore its either trump or the people who oppose him that will have power next. the people who oppose him are absoluytely horrible, and have repeatedly demonstrated this with their actions, There's no way they should have power over anything.

You say Obama lied all the time then produced a list of 80 lies he told over 8 years. That's 10 lies a year. On the flip, I produced a list of 33 lies Trump has told in the first two weeks. You might want to rethink your claim.

But let me get this straight...because the left biased media didn't call Obama out for lying, you support Trump lying? How does that make a lick of logical sense?

As to politifact, its biased, (as several have documented) but they have to pretend to be objective now and then.

Please point to all the posts where you have called out Trudeau on his lies. After all I wouldnt want you expecting me to do something that you wouldn't do.

RW wrote:
I expect Trudeau to tell the truth and to be held accountable if he doesn't.

Quote:
seoulbro wrote: It's cynical, but politicians telling fibs about their opponents and embellishing their own record is the norm across North America and has been like that for a while.
RW wrote: We have to stop tolerating it.

RW wrote:
You think Justin Trudeau isn't being taken to task? Have you missed all the threads about him around here? If I'm willing to call my government out for lying, then I'm actually not being hypocritical. Nice try.

The thing is, I am not defending or excusing Trudeau's lies. Like I have said, if he lies, I expect him to be raked over the coals.

Now enough with the diversionary BS. When are you going to call out your President for his NUMEROUS lies?

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 1:35 pm 

RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:
RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:

RW wrote:
I expect Trudeau to tell the truth and to be held accountable if he doesn't.

Quote:
seoulbro wrote: It's cynical, but politicians telling fibs about their opponents and embellishing their own record is the norm across North America and has been like that for a while.
RW wrote: We have to stop tolerating it.

RW wrote:
You think Justin Trudeau isn't being taken to task? Have you missed all the threads about him around here? If I'm willing to call my government out for lying, then I'm actually not being hypocritical. Nice try.

The thing is, I am not defending or excusing Trudeau's lies. Like I have said, if he lies, I expect him to be raked over the coals.

Now enough with the diversionary BS. When are you going to call out your President for his NUMEROUS lies?

I don't see a specific lie you called trudeau out on. Where is one?

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 2:10 pm 

Yeah Right wrote:

RW wrote:
The flop on voter reform is not sitting well with British Columbians. He needs to get that back on the docket. I do understand having more pressing issues like renegotiating NAFTA but voter reform is an important issue for Canadians.

I clearly don't support or excuse his lying on the matter of electoral reform.

This remains my question about the acceptance of lying from Trump. Why are you dancing around this issue? You are excusing Trump by grasping at everything and anything. Why???

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 2:57 pm 

RW wrote:
Yeah Right wrote:

RW wrote:
The flop on voter reform is not sitting well with British Columbians. He needs to get that back on the docket. I do understand having more pressing issues like renegotiating NAFTA but voter reform is an important issue for Canadians.

I clearly don't support or excuse his lying on the matter of electoral reform.

This remains my question about the acceptance of lying from Trump. Why are you dancing around this issue? You are excusing Trump by grasping at everything and anything. Why???

And I said before Kellyanne Conway should have checked the internet before running with that story.

BTW I wanted Obama held accountable for much worse when he was president. Like defying three federal judges., Like his attorney general being in contempt of congress. His spying on journalists like james Rosen. Not helping Americans in Benghazi. Paying ransom money to Iran for Americans. Sending the IRS after his enemies (something for which Nixon was removed from office for) and selling guns to the Mexican cartel in fast and furious. And of couyrse his all too numerous policy failures. But the liberals and their media wouldn't have it. Now they expect me to get outraged and switch sides because of a mistake. Nope sorry, not a chance.

Let's face it RW you're just playing a game here, trying to benefit by double standards. There really ought to be a word for that..... hmmm.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 3:03 pm 

What double standard? You're excusing your government's lies (it's not just CONway). I'm not excusing my government's bullshit.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 5:41 pm 

RW wrote:
What double standard? You're excusing your government's lies (it's not just CONway). I'm not excusing my government's bullshit.

I'm sure Trudeau has lied about tons of things. Your one time comment, that was hardly condemning in any way, isn't worth much, if anything. Certainly not this unfounded claim of superiority

I never expected trump to be a saint. Your demand that he be a saint, while completely ignoring the behavior of everyone else is just a giant self serving double standard.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 5:49 pm 

So if you say "I'm sure if it" that makes it true? On what planet does that work?

What does any of this have to do with making excuses for your current government lying prolifically?

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 6:00 pm 

RW wrote:
So if you say "I'm sure if it" that makes it true? On what planet does that work?

What does any of this have to do with making excuses for your current government lying prolifically?

Clinton lied more than Obama, in fact he probably lied every day. But while he wasnt a very good person, he was still a better president than Obama and Bush.

Your idea that politicians have to be saints is ridiculously unrealistic. And you know that. You are just trying to gain some sort of moral high ground.

It's not working.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 6:05 pm 

Saints? How about not inventing massacres and previous immigration bans to justify their immigration bullshit?

I don't expect Trump to be a saint either but this shit ^^^ is pushing it.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 7:11 pm 

Look at all these lies the press told--

7 listed. there's certainly more--the Russain golden shower buzzfeed lie was not listed, nor was the "trump threw out MLKs bust" lie from time magazine.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/04/error ... istration/

They can all lie and make mistakes, but Allah forbid, kellyanne Conway make a mistake.

Unread postPosted: February 4th, 2017, 7:18 pm 

And the other 32 lies in the last two weeks...?

Unread postPosted: February 6th, 2017, 12:09 pm 

Quote:
"Negative Polls are Fake News"

Donald Trump has hit out at recent polls suggesting he has one of the worst early approval ratings in US history, saying that "any negative polls are fake news".

A CNN/ORC International poll released on Friday found Mr Trump had the lowest approval rating of any new President, at 44 per cent.

Mr Trump wrote on Twitter: "Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting."

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

In a second tweet he continued to rail against the "FAKE NEWS media" which he accused of spreading "lies".

"I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it," he wrote.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 64951.html

How can anyone take this lying asshole seriously?

Unread postPosted: February 6th, 2017, 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Reporter fires back at Trump: No evidence media covers up terror attacks ‘or whatever he’s imagining’

Philip Rucker of the Washington Post pushed back against President Donald Trump’s claim that the media refuses to cover terrorist attacks.

Speaking at the MacDill Air Force Base in Florida, Trump said terrorism has “gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported.”

“And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons and you understand that,” he added.

“I was watching the president’s speech on television and thinking, what on Earth is he talking about?” Rucker said on MSNBC. “Of course we cover terror attacks. It’s one of the biggest news stories every time it happens around the world.”

“I don’t know where he gets his information. In his speech, we should note, he did not mention any examples. There was no evidence that the media is somehow ignoring terrorist attacks in an effort to collude with ISIS or whatever he’s imagining. We do cover terrorist attacks.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/reporter-fires-back-at-trump-no-evidence-media-covers-up-terror-attacks-or-whatever-hes-imagining/

The media "has reason" not to report on terrorist attacks? Does anyone know what Trump is talking about?

Heaven knows, I have not lived the most perfect life. Criminal record, drug and alcohol habits, numerous infidelities during my first marriage and a too quick to settle disputes with my fists(which is mostly why I have a criminal record).

Unread postPosted: February 6th, 2017, 1:45 pm 

Not a clue but more importantly, who the hell is believing this bullshit?!?! That's the truly scary part.

Unread postPosted: February 7th, 2017, 11:47 am