It is currently February 21st, 2017, 8:06 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 4:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 1754
JOE wrote:
not sure about the merits or downsides of carbon pricing.

What a goof you are.

It lowers the living standards of working people and does not do what it's supposed to and that is stop the climate from changing.


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 4:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 24th, 2015, 7:57 pm
Posts: 7489
The wealthy don't pay carbon tax.

_________________
"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you DO read the newspaper, you're misinformed" - Denzel Washington


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 4:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: April 1st, 2016, 6:51 pm
Posts: 1754
Bricktop wrote:
The wealthy don't pay carbon tax.

The wealthy in Canada are the ones who tell us we need it.


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 7:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 4945
iron horse jockey wrote:
JOE wrote:
not sure about the merits or downsides of carbon pricing.

What a goof you are.

It lowers the living standards of working people and does not do what it's supposed to and that is stop the climate from changing.

Carbon taxes, especially in a carbon negative nation like Canada are not a thermostat that you can adjust the temperature. A completely useless way to deal with climate change.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 10:21 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 18134
The idea behind it is the government raises money to offer incentives for going green or developing green technologies.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 10:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 4945
RW wrote:
The idea behind it is the government raises money to offer incentives for going green or developing green technologies.

I'm all in favour of incentivizing technology through the tax code that conserves resources. But a tax on everything that gives carbon tax grants to big corporations is not the solution.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
Unread postPosted: February 12th, 2017, 10:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 18134
I agree. I think private market will take care of the technology piece.

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
Unread postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 7:51 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm
Posts: 19208
seoulbro wrote:
RW wrote:
The idea behind it is the government raises money to offer incentives for going green or developing green technologies.

I'm all in favour of incentivizing technology through the tax code that conserves resources. But a tax on everything that gives carbon tax grants to big corporations is not the solution.

Our premier is spending nine million dollars of our money to tell us it is the perfect solution.


Top
Unread postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 3:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: January 27th, 2014, 12:36 pm
Posts: 18134
Spending it how?

_________________
"The rain falls on all of us, and the sun shines on us too." -dick yamada


Top
Unread postPosted: February 13th, 2017, 4:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 3rd, 2012, 8:12 pm
Posts: 15826
RW wrote:
Spending it how?

Every single media source you can think of she's spending our $$ to tell us how lucky we are to have her band of social workers and baristas.

_________________
The Iron Chink!!


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On | Load: 15.29 ]