Read that during current lockdown...

For those who take the fun out of being nuts.
Mel

Re: Read that during current lockdown...

#21 Unread post by Mel » May 19th, 2020, 12:51 am

Maybe try living in a part of BC where you can buy booze at any local gas station? Amateurs...

Dinky Dazza

#22 Unread post by Dinky Dazza » May 19th, 2020, 1:01 am

Berry Sweet wrote:Im glad I dont drink...I sis however stop at a government liquor store to get something for my mom for mothers day...the line up was ridiculous...I left, went to a private store not far...they were actually gone *shocker* and the final one I was in and out, no line ups.

I take it the ones who were waiting were gonna stock up a shopping cartful and get their binge on. I parked at the other end, so I didnt see the line up going opposite, alot of people started yelling at me to go to the back of the line...I stood there and looked at these people... I realized it had to be an hour wait, just knowing mosr of them needed their booze...fuck it reminded me of a line up for methadone.
Same goes with pasta and pasta sauce here till this day

When they put bottlenecks on any supply, people freak out then buy-buy-buy...

I've always kept a 30 day supply of freeze dried food in my kitchen. Looked up the prices the other day for a bit more and wasn't surprised to see they were unchanged... 25 bucks for a 5 meal satchel, which isn't exorbitant before or after, but people are ruled by panic and can empty out a supply chain in the matter of hours if someone suggests it's in their best interest...

...booze is no different.... nor is toilet paper or dried pasta/rice...

People these days live by the moment...
Four smore and seven beers ago.

Berry Sweet

#23 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 19th, 2020, 1:06 am

Mel wrote:Maybe try living in a part of BC where you can buy booze at any local gas station? Amateurs...
That was my 20s. You get to know the owners and their cats and dogs in the store. It is something I miss.
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma

Mel

#24 Unread post by Mel » May 19th, 2020, 1:08 am

Berry Sweet wrote:That was my 20s. You get to know the owners and their cats and dogs in the store. It is something I miss.
I know. I would never go back to the big city now...

Fashionista

#25 Unread post by Fashionista » May 19th, 2020, 11:44 am

TheVancouverGuy wrote:Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.
That is the biggest joke about lockdowns.....alcohol has been made even easier to purchase..

In Alberta, restaurants can delver it.

Berry Sweet

#26 Unread post by Berry Sweet » May 19th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Fashionista wrote:
TheVancouverGuy wrote:Always lineups outside the liquor stores. As if alcohol is essential.
That is the biggest joke about lockdowns.....alcohol has been made even easier to purchase..

Right!? Like majority of all products, there should be a purchase limit on alcohol.
Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
~ Bodhidharma

Odinson

#27 Unread post by Odinson » May 19th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Berry Sweet wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Right!? Like majority of all products, there should be a purchase limit on alcohol.
Bootlegging is gonna make a comeback..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYag58eXtMY

Fashionista

#28 Unread post by Fashionista » May 21st, 2020, 9:34 pm

Berry Sweet wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Fashionista wrote:

It's not an essential service..

This is what happens when the government gets to pick and choose which services are essential..

Of course they designate something essential that generates so much tax revenue.

Mel

#29 Unread post by Mel » May 22nd, 2020, 12:44 am

Dinky Dazza wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 12:11 am
I paid 60 bucks AUD for a 700 ml bottle of average American sour mash whiskey the other day... I believe the exchange rates are similar....yet I can get a litre bottle of 70% handwash for 15 bucks...

...but it's diluted in glycerine, aloe, and methyls to make it totally not like vodka... it would be poisonous...

But our tax office loves their vice tax revenues... almost half of the purchase price, in fact...

Fck those motherfckers... those disgusting leaches...
That seems pretty expensive. Here 750mm (700mm bottles don't exist here) bottles of Whiskey start @ $22 CDN, which is $24 AUD. Bear in mind that your wages are higher there though...

Something a bit better, like a McClelland's single malt, start around $40 for 750mm.

Jack Daniel's will run you $35 for 750mm...

Blazor

#30 Unread post by Blazor » May 22nd, 2020, 8:30 am

I can get a 1.75 liter jug of Benchmark for $18 :thumbup:

I've been drinking one a week :laugh:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Fashionista

#31 Unread post by Fashionista » May 22nd, 2020, 10:06 am

Blazor wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 8:30 am

That's a lot of alcohol.

#32 Unread post by Guest » May 22nd, 2020, 12:48 pm

Mel wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 12:44 am
Dinky Dazza wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 12:11 am
I paid 60 bucks AUD for a 700 ml bottle of average American sour mash whiskey the other day... I believe the exchange rates are similar....
That seems pretty expensive. Here 750mm (700mm bottles don't exist here) bottles of Whiskey start @ $22 CDN, which is $24 AUD. Bear in mind that your wages are higher there though...

Something a bit better, like a McClelland's single malt, start around $40 for 750mm.

Jack Daniel's will run you $35 for 750mm...
Dinky likes Maker's Mark, I think. ~$35 here. Paying scotch money for bourbon in Australia.

seoulbro

#33 Unread post by seoulbro » May 22nd, 2020, 12:56 pm

I have a bottle of The Balvenie. It costs one hundred bucks.
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek

#34 Unread post by Guest » May 22nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Blazor wrote:

I was going to scold you for this but Benchmark seems to be a reputable brand.

A bottle a week ain't bad. That's only one or three drinks per day.

Mel

#35 Unread post by Mel » May 22nd, 2020, 1:59 pm

Blazor wrote:

We'd pay $50 for a jug of Whiskey that size here, which works out to about $36 USD, so pretty much double the price! The problem here is that there's really no discount on booze prices if you buy a bigger bottle or a bigger box of beer. I'm sure this is by government design.

Odinson

#36 Unread post by Odinson » May 22nd, 2020, 2:05 pm

I wonder if my tolerance has lowered..

Maybe I´ll get blackout drunk from one pint... Like Fash..

Mel

#37 Unread post by Mel » May 22nd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Who needs Canadian Club when you can Punjabi Club? I didn't even know this existed until searching prices today. Apparently distilled in Wisconsin. Get yer Punjabi on...

Herman

#38 Unread post by Herman » May 22nd, 2020, 2:21 pm

Mel wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:11 pm
Who needs Canadian Club when you can Punjabi Club? I didn't even know this existed until searching prices today. Apparently distilled in Wisconsin. Get yer Punjabi on...

The Sikhs love their liquor.
prairie redneck.

Mel

#39 Unread post by Mel » May 22nd, 2020, 2:25 pm

Herman wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:21 pm
I know. While their religion states they must avoid alcohol, I can assure you many do not avoid alcohol...

Herman

#40 Unread post by Herman » May 22nd, 2020, 2:33 pm

Mel wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:25 pm
Herman wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:21 pm
I know. While their religion states they must avoid alcohol, I can assure you many do not avoid alcohol...
I have been to Punjab state in India. I can assure you there are temples that serve meat and liquor.
prairie redneck.