It is currently July 20th, 2019, 2:25 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 2:16 pm 

A Canadian who confessed to plotting terrorist attacks in New York City for the so-called Islamic State was sentenced Wednesday to 40 years’ imprisonment.

U.S. prosecutors had asked for a life sentence for Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy, who pleaded guilty to working with ISIS to attack Times Square and the New York subway system.

The defence, meanwhile, had asked for leniency, depicting the 20-year-old as an isolated, mentally ill addict who, with treatment, could “grow old in peace in Canada.”

“Today’s sentence reflects the severity of his conduct and holds him accountable for his terrorist activities,” Assistant Attorney General John Demers said in a statement.

The family’s lawyer, Denis Edney said Elbahnasawy’s mother, Khdiga, was removed from the courtroom after learning the sentence.

“Khdiga shouted at the judge and was taken out of the courtroom,” Edney said.

“Today’s sentence reflects the severity of his conduct and holds him accountable for his terrorist activities,” Assistant Attorney General John Demers said in a statement.

The family’s lawyer, Denis Edney said Elbahnasawy’s mother, Khdiga, was removed from the courtroom after learning the sentence.

“In the name of ISIS, Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy planned an elaborate attack to wreak havoc and destruction on New York City,” U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said.

“He planned to detonate bombs in Times Square and the New York City subway system, and to shoot civilians at concert venues.”

Prosecutors said the portrayal of Banhasawy as a vulnerable, weak victim “could not be further from the truth” and called him “dangerous and calculating,” with a “steadfast desire to kill.”

The plot spanned four countries but the FBI successfully infiltrated it and arrested El Banhasawy in New Jersey in May 2016 following an undercover operation.

His alleged co-conspirators, Talha Haroon and Russell Salic, were arrested in Pakistan and the Philippines for extradition to the U.S., while Sudani was killed in an airstrike.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4677106/cana ... city-plot/

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 3:19 pm 

cc wrote:
A Canadian who confessed to plotting terrorist attacks in New York City for the so-called Islamic State was sentenced Wednesday to 40 years’ imprisonment.

U.S. prosecutors had asked for a life sentence for Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy, who pleaded guilty to working with ISIS to attack Times Square and the New York subway system.

The defence, meanwhile, had asked for leniency, depicting the 20-year-old as an isolated, mentally ill addict who, with treatment, could “grow old in peace in Canada.”

“In the name of ISIS, Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy planned an elaborate attack to wreak havoc and destruction on New York City,” U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said.

“He planned to detonate bombs in Times Square and the New York City subway system, and to shoot civilians at concert venues.”

Prosecutors said the portrayal of Banhasawy as a vulnerable, weak victim “could not be further from the truth” and called him “dangerous and calculating,” with a “steadfast desire to kill.”

The plot spanned four countries but the FBI successfully infiltrated it and arrested El Banhasawy in New Jersey in May 2016 following an undercover operation.

His alleged co-conspirators, Talha Haroon and Russell Salic, were arrested in Pakistan and the Philippines for extradition to the U.S., while Sudani was killed in an airstrike.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4677106/cana ... city-plot/

Dennis Edney was his lawyer? He must be the jihadists go to guy.

If the trial was in Canada, not only would he have been acquitted, but Edney would have got a large cash settlement and an apology from Justin Trudeau.

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 3:47 pm 

No doubt. After all, mom says hes a "good boy"

He'll have to wait out his sentence in the US and the Justinesque PM we undoubtedly have then will issue the necessary apology and allocate a big check

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 3:56 pm 

It said co-conspirators were arrested in the Philippines. That South East Asian country is an important hub for international terror planning and logistics.

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 4:06 pm 

Yes, the south is mainly islamic and contains Al Q & IS cells which of course are international

When we lived in Manila, there were 3 mall attacks (2 were bombs, one was AK 45s) .. They killed many in the the Shangri-La Hotel complex down the street from where we lived a while in the Makati area

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 4:30 pm 

cc wrote:
Yes, the south is mainly islamic and contains Al Q & IS cells which of course are international

When we lived in Manila, there were 3 mall attacks (2 were bombs, one was AK 45s) .. They killed many in the the Shangri-La Hotel complex down the street from where we lived a while in the Makati area

The island of Mindanao has become a hub for Islam's global ambitions. That country is a former colony and a close ally of the United States.

I didn't know you are a Philipina. Scouse on VF thinks you are an Ashkenazi. ac_toofunny

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm 

oops

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm 

That would be hilarious , but I'm a white blondy ... we went there for 4 years during the Asia golf course boom where we were involved with new courses

I do have fun letting .. .even helping :43(2): the nazi think I'm jewish

He's one of those programmed robots who, if you keep throwing him a shovel now and then, .. will dig himself in way over his head

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 5:15 pm 

cc wrote:
That would be hilarious , but I'm a white blondy ... we went there for 4 years during the Asia golf course boom where we were involved with new courses

He's one of those programmed robots who, if you keep throwing him a shovel now and then, .. will dig himself in way over his head

Until this post, I had thought you are white. Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post in this thread.

I didn't mind Scouse as much as Seamajor following me around during my brief time on VF. Seamajor either can't read or won't read. I want to give VF another try in the new year. Some people there think I am you. :laugh3:

Scouse has a point about the Law of Return in Israel. What he doesn't understand is that it allows anyone to make aliyah including himself. Half-assed conversion or no conversion at all and fake ketubah papers plus a one year wait is all that is required for an Israeli passport and generous social welfare benefits. I want Israel to become a secular state.

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 6:26 pm 

Gaon wrote:
cc wrote:

Until this post, I had thought you are white. Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier post in this thread.

I didn't mind Scouse as much as Seamajor following me around during my brief time on VF. Seamajor either can't read or won't read. I want to give VF another try in the new year. Some people there think I am you. :laugh3:

Scouse has a point about the Law of Return in Israel. What he doesn't understand is that it allows anyone to make aliyah including himself. Half-assed conversion or no conversion at all and fake ketubah papers plus a one year wait is all that is required for an Israeli passport and generous social welfare benefits. I want Israel to become a secular state.

cc is whiter than a KKK meeting!!!

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 6:37 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Gaon wrote:
cc wrote:

cc is whiter than a KKK meeting!!!

I've seen Gaon's picture....so is he..

But, I doubt the KKK would have him as a member.

Unread postPosted: December 19th, 2018, 11:21 pm 

Prolly not

And if our nazi squeals on me, I could loose my rank

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 7:52 am 

Awww, with "treatment" he could grow to be a peaceful member of society

Yeah, but chances are, he'll snap and kill as many as he can.

Fuck him, fuck him family, fuck his satanic religion. 8 billion people in this fucking planet.

We can do without some of them, and we definitely could use the free space and less consumption.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 8:00 am 

BALLSONARO wrote:
Awww, with "treatment" he could grow to be a peaceful member of society

Yeah, but chances are, he'll snap and kill as many as he can.

Fuck him, fuck him family, fuck his satanic religion. 8 billion people in this fucking planet.

We can do without some of them, and we definitely could use the free space and less consumption.

He got the punishment he deserved. In Canada, I would not count on justice.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 11:22 am 

Here's the next question. Will Abdul Truedope apply that he serve time in Canada? ... thereby setting up a very different ending?

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 1:14 pm 

cc wrote:
Here's the next question. Will Abdul Truedope apply that he serve time in Canada? ... thereby setting up a very different ending?

Will he return to Canada to serve his sentence?

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 1:33 pm 

Hope not. But Justine's 10 million dollar terrorist served the last part of his sentence here.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 1:45 pm 

cc wrote:
Hope not. But Justine's 10 million dollar terrorist served the last part of his sentence here.

It was the Conservative government that brought Khadr back to Canada.

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 2:09 pm 

Yes it was. All of our parties are soft and people are soft in this country

There was a court order I believe forcing return and our courts have become as soft as jello

I also believe there is an anti American feeling in our country that affects things like this.
JoJo isn't the only US hater we have :wink:

One can see it festering with opposition to simple "mandatory extradition" ... to the extreme of supporting a powerful China company known for deadly electronic spying over US efforts to curtail it

Unread postPosted: December 20th, 2018, 2:28 pm 

cc wrote:
Yes it was. All of our parties are soft and people are soft in this country

There was a court order I believe forcing return and our courts have become as soft as jello

I also believe there is an anti American feeling in our country that affects things like this.
JoJo isn't the only US hater we have :wink:

One can see it festering with opposition to simple "mandatory extradition" ... to the extreme of supporting a powerful China company known for deadly electronic spying over US efforts to curtail it

JOE doesn't accept that the judiciary is independent in Canada, but it is in China.