It is currently November 19th, 2019, 9:04 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 8:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Posts: 12511
Bamako — At least 53 soldiers and one civilian have been killed in an attack on an army post in northern mali, the government said, in one of the deadliest strikes against the West african country’s military in recent memory.

Islamic State took responsibility for the attack via its amaq news agency Saturday, without providing evidence.

The militant group has posted dozens of claims of responsibility for attacks in several countries since u.s. special forces killed its previous leader, abu bakr al-baghdadi, last weekend.

The authorities first reported the attack in Indelimane, menaka region, Friday, but gave a lower provisional death toll.

“Heavily armed unidentified men attacked around noon. The attack started with shellfire

... Then they retreated toward niger,” government spokesman yaya Sangare told reuters Saturday.

He added the death toll remained provisional as corpses were undergoing identification.

_________________
A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers. Friedrich August von Hayek


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 9:22 am 
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Posts: 13235
Isis has set up shop in N Africa, starting in Libya (after daffy was killed) and has moved southward

It truly is a huge organization that has spread around the world

_________________
Tolerance of Intolerance is Cowardice


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 10:09 am 

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 2:33 pm
Posts: 931
cc wrote:
Isis has set up shop in N Africa, starting in Libya (after daffy was killed) and has moved southward

It truly is a huge organization that has spread around the world

They quickly move and and establish themselves when a strong man has been deposed.

_________________
gay, conservative and proud


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 15892
Thiel wrote:
cc wrote:
Isis has set up shop in N Africa, starting in Libya (after daffy was killed) and has moved southward

It truly is a huge organization that has spread around the world

They quickly move and and establish themselves when a strong man has been deposed.

Sometimes when a weakling is in power.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 3rd, 2019, 4:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2076
Despite defeating ISIS in Syria and Iraq, they continue to build cell groups around the world.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 6th, 2019, 1:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 14th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Posts: 13235
They already have and will continue ^

NEW - OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Suspected jihadists killed 16 villagers in northern Burkina Faso on Monday in an incident highlighting the increased presence of Sahel-based Islamists in the area, local and security sources said.

The gunmen came to Pobe-Mengao, about 200 km (160 miles) north of the capital Ouagadougou, threatening to take way children and telling villagers to help them buy weapons, a security source told Reuters.

When they refused, they were shot dead, the sources said. A security source told Reuters that the death toll had reached 16.

https://af.reuters.com/article/idafkbn1x71kz-ozatp

_________________
Tolerance of Intolerance is Cowardice


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 6th, 2019, 4:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: October 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm
Posts: 674
cc wrote:
They already have and will continue ^

NEW - OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Suspected jihadists killed 16 villagers in northern Burkina Faso on Monday in an incident highlighting the increased presence of Sahel-based Islamists in the area, local and security sources said.

The gunmen came to Pobe-Mengao, about 200 km (160 miles) north of the capital Ouagadougou, threatening to take way children and telling villagers to help them buy weapons, a security source told Reuters.

When they refused, they were shot dead, the sources said. A security source told Reuters that the death toll had reached 16.

https://af.reuters.com/article/idafkbn1x71kz-ozatp

ac_crying


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 6th, 2019, 6:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: November 15th, 2018, 11:04 am
Posts: 2076
cc wrote:
They already have and will continue ^

NEW - OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Suspected jihadists killed 16 villagers in northern Burkina Faso on Monday in an incident highlighting the increased presence of Sahel-based Islamists in the area, local and security sources said.

The gunmen came to Pobe-Mengao, about 200 km (160 miles) north of the capital Ouagadougou, threatening to take way children and telling villagers to help them buy weapons, a security source told Reuters.

When they refused, they were shot dead, the sources said. A security source told Reuters that the death toll had reached 16.

https://af.reuters.com/article/idafkbn1x71kz-ozatp

Islam has been been growing there for years.

_________________
The Russian Rock It


Top
   
Unread postPosted: November 6th, 2019, 6:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: July 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm
Posts: 15892
Gaon wrote:
cc wrote:
They already have and will continue ^

NEW - OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Suspected jihadists killed 16 villagers in northern Burkina Faso on Monday in an incident highlighting the increased presence of Sahel-based Islamists in the area, local and security sources said.

The gunmen came to Pobe-Mengao, about 200 km (160 miles) north of the capital Ouagadougou, threatening to take way children and telling villagers to help them buy weapons, a security source told Reuters.

When they refused, they were shot dead, the sources said. A security source told Reuters that the death toll had reached 16.

https://af.reuters.com/article/idafkbn1x71kz-ozatp

Islam has been been growing there for years.

I have been to Burkina Faso. It is a mess.

_________________
prairie redneck.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
phpBB SEO
[ GZIP: On ]