It is currently July 20th, 2019, 2:25 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 5:17 am 

I saw this on the morning news.

Police said the man got out of a vehicle, which then caught fire, and attacked three bystanders with a knife before being shot by police.

The suspect died later in hospital. One of the victims also died and the two others were admitted to hospital.

Victoria Police Commissioner Graham Ashton said the suspect, originally from Somalia, was known to police and the incident is being treated as terrorism.

Superintendent David Clayton said police responded to reports of a burning vehicle.

Officers were confronted near the burning car by a man “brandishing a knife and threatening them” while passers-by called out that people had been stabbed, he said.

Mr Clayton said investigators did not believe there were any other assailants. The man was shot in the chest by police.

He said a bomb squad was making the scene safe.

Victoria Police tweeted a request for witnesses to speak to police and share any images that might help the investigation.

Officers said the car contained several barbecue gas cylinders.

Mr Ashton added: “From what we know of that individual we are treating this as a terrorism incident,” adding that the police counter-terrorism command was working on the case as well as homicide detectives.

“He’s known to police mainly in respect to relatives that he has which certainly are persons of interest to us, and he’s someone that accordingly is know to both Victorian police and the federal intelligence authorities.”

The attack occurred on the eve of a busy weekend in Melbourne, with a major horse race scheduled for Saturday and a national league football match the following day. Sunday is also Remembrance Day, when memorial ceremonies for the First World War are held.

Mr Ashton said police were “doing security reassessments of these events in light of what’s occurred”, but there was “no ongoing threat we’re currently aware of in relation to people surrounding this individual”.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/f ... 10233.html

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 5:33 am 

Fashionista wrote:

Police said the man got out of a vehicle, which then caught fire, and attacked three bystanders with a knife before being shot by police.

The suspect died later in hospital. One of the victims also died and the two others were admitted to hospital.

Victoria Police Commissioner Graham Ashton said the suspect, originally from Somalia, was known to police and the incident is being treated as terrorism.

Superintendent David Clayton said police responded to reports of a burning vehicle.

Officers were confronted near the burning car by a man “brandishing a knife and threatening them” while passers-by called out that people had been stabbed, he said.

Mr Clayton said investigators did not believe there were any other assailants. The man was shot in the chest by police.

Victoria Police tweeted a request for witnesses to speak to police and share any images that might help the investigation.

Mr Ashton added: “From what we know of that individual we are treating this as a terrorism incident,” adding that the police counter-terrorism command was working on the case as well as homicide detectives.

“He’s known to police mainly in respect to relatives that he has which certainly are persons of interest to us, and he’s someone that accordingly is know to both Victorian police and the federal intelligence authorities.”

The attack occurred on the eve of a busy weekend in Melbourne, with a major horse race scheduled for Saturday and a national league football match the following day. Sunday is also Remembrance Day, when memorial ceremonies for the First World War are held.

Mr Ashton said police were “doing security reassessments of these events in light of what’s occurred”, but there was “no ongoing threat we’re currently aware of in relation to people surrounding this individual”.

I wonder what the suspect's status is in Australia.

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 6:06 am 

seoulbro wrote:
Fashionista wrote:

Islamic terrorist, drug dealer and pimp.

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 9:22 am 

Well, at least they are "treating this as a terrorism incident" ... and not making up excuses for it .. or worse, denying it was

I'm waiting for Mom to go on tely "He was always a sweet boy"

Reports of pick-up truck filled with gas canisters and set on fire - That's attempt to bomb.

Noticed is ZERO followup on Danforth Toronto "selective" mass shooting ... It's like What Danforth murderer?

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 2:24 pm 

Wonder when the riots will start because the police shot him? Clearly he was just a good citizen that just happened to be on his way to apply at the local college at the time, and this never would've happened if it weren't for racial profiling and a racist police force.

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 3:01 pm 

seoulbro wrote:

Dead.

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 5:09 pm 

cc wrote:
Well, at least they are "treating this as a terrorism incident" ... and not making up excuses for it .. or worse, denying it was

Reports of pick-up truck filled with gas canisters and set on fire - That's attempt to bomb.

Noticed is ZERO followup on Danforth Toronto "selective" mass shooting ... It's like What Danforth murderer?

I noticed both.

Unread postPosted: November 9th, 2018, 6:58 pm 

cc wrote:

All swept under the rug along with the perp's motive.

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 10:06 am 

As per expected - Here comes the save islam brigade

Muslim leaders have demanded an apology from Prime Minister Scott Morrison for describing radical Islam as Australia’s greatest threat in the wake of the recent Melbourne terrorist attack by an ISIS-supporting Somali Muslim.

Mr Morrison made the comments after Somali terrorist Hassan Khalif Shire Ali, 30, crashed an SUV loaded with gas cylinders into the Bourke Street City Centre. igniting the vehicle into a ball of flames before fatally stabbing Italian-born cafe owner Sisto Malaspina and subsequently being shot dead by police.

‘We would be kidding ourselves if we did not call out the fact that the greatest threat to religious extremism in this country is the radical and dangerous ideology of extremist Islam,’ the Prime Minister told reporters.

Mr Morrison said he could not speak of Friday’s car bomb attack in Melbourne, which left an innocent man dead and two others stabbed, without calling out the threat of ‘radical, violent, extremist Islam’ behind it.

"He was a radical, extremist terrorist who took a knife to another Australian because he'd been radicalised in this country. We can't give him excuses." - @ScottMorrisonMP on the Bourke Street attacker. #Studio10

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 12:49 pm 

cc wrote:
As per expected - Here comes the save islam brigade

Muslim leaders have demanded an apology from Prime Minister Scott Morrison for describing radical Islam as Australia’s greatest threat in the wake of the recent Melbourne terrorist attack by an ISIS-supporting Somali Muslim.

Mr Morrison made the comments after Somali terrorist Hassan Khalif Shire Ali, 30, crashed an SUV loaded with gas cylinders into the Bourke Street City Centre. igniting the vehicle into a ball of flames before fatally stabbing Italian-born cafe owner Sisto Malaspina and subsequently being shot dead by police.

‘We would be kidding ourselves if we did not call out the fact that the greatest threat to religious extremism in this country is the radical and dangerous ideology of extremist Islam,’ the Prime Minister told reporters.

Mr Morrison said he could not speak of Friday’s car bomb attack in Melbourne, which left an innocent man dead and two others stabbed, without calling out the threat of ‘radical, violent, extremist Islam’ behind it.

"He was a radical, extremist terrorist who took a knife to another Australian because he'd been radicalised in this country. We can't give him excuses." - @ScottMorrisonMP on the Bourke Street attacker. #Studio10

Muslim leaders are making a mistake by not denouncing Islamic extremism in the strongest of terms.

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 1:12 pm 

To our thinking, yes.

To the spread of islam, no ... not only is it not a "mistake", the harsh truth is that it is "the game plan"

This situation (seen everywhere every time one performs his "role") in the greater scheme of things is another SOLID proof that in fact that the spread of islam is ALL that really matters

"He was a nice boy, but mentally ill problem" is another ploy used to cover the long-term objective

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 1:21 pm 

cc wrote:
To our thinking, yes.

To the spread of islam, no ... not only is it not a "mistake", it is the game plan

This is another SOLID proof of that in fact

Not denouncing violent elements within that religious community encourages suspicion of the entire community..

There is a small organized crime problem within the Chinese/Taiwanese community..

I don't see the point of denying that.

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm 

Chinese have no long-term societal plan ... their objective is only to do their thing in practical terms, raise a family etc.

Further to what I wrote above --- Yesterday, I noticed a new shop in the center of our town. "Abid's Rugs" ... A minor thing?

My initial thought was "hmmm, business as I think of it is about money (only) - and an arab name in our town (all jews of course, lol) is a MAJOR deterrent to sales from locals here, not an asset and absolutely hurts / limits business

We already have many such businesses with an arab's first name even though no owner / operators actually live here. At first glance, seems only my hairdresser is the only one smart enough business-wise to use a neutral name ( "----- Steet Hairdresser" ...
All others have first name as first word in the company name ... (one short block has 3 such in fact)

Then it came to me ... (lightbulb flashing) ... it's not just about sales and profit, it about the "presence" and even more about "us feeling" the presence .... and feeling it increasing

The more I thought about ... it dawned on me that ALL except my Shia hairdresser are Sunni

It's all about the "long-term end game" .. and each person playing their "role" .... and there are a LOT more players in it with "roles" (however minor) than we'd like to think there are

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 2:04 pm 

cc wrote:
Chinese have no long-term societal plan ... their objective is only to do their thing in practical terms, raise a family etc.

Further to what I wrote above --- Yesterday, I noticed a new shop in the center of our town. "Abid's Rugs" ... A minor thing?

My initial thought was "hmmm, business as I think of it is about money (only) - and an arab name in our town (all jews of course, lol) is a MAJOR deterrent to sales from locals here, not an asset and absolutely hurts / limits business

We already have many such businesses with an arab's first name even though no owner / operators actually live here. At first glance, seems only my hairdresser is the only one smart enough business-wise to use a neutral name ( "----- Steet Hairdresser" ...
All others have first name as first word in the company name ... (one short block has 3 such in fact)

Then it came to me ... (lightbulb flashing) ... it's not just about sales and profit, it about the "presence" and even more about "us feeling" the presence .... and feeling it increasing

The more I thought about ... it dawned on me that ALL except my Shia hairdresser are Sunni

It's all about the "long-term end game" .. and each person playing their "role" .... and there are a LOT more players in it with "roles" (however minor) than we'd like to think there are

I don't know enough about it cc..

it's strange how it transcends ethnic, linguistic and national lines.

Unread postPosted: November 14th, 2018, 2:28 pm 

Quote:
it transcends ethnic, linguistic and national lines

That it does.
It is worldwide .. and loyalty must be to the "Ummah" encompassing its presence as one worldwide "country" if you will .. with ultimate objectives common to all followers wherever they reside

You see, to scriptural islam, countries are irrelevant and not even legal ... and to not be recognized ... except when convenient to the propagation of islam

So of course it would be ludicrous and illogical to expect country or community loyalty from "devout" believers when it would be a direct contradiction of their belief

Note: I said "devout" believers ... a long way below radical or fundy level and taking in a LOT of people (prolly a large majority) ... and each "devout" will have chosen long ago their "role" to play for allah .. even if it be merely the "settler role" to spread islam into non-islamic areas" with promise of heaven for doing so (koran 4 / 100)

Unread postPosted: November 15th, 2018, 11:42 am 

Fashionista wrote:

Par for the course in Israel.

Unread postPosted: November 15th, 2018, 12:59 pm 

True

While the West is just now experiencing the continually accelerating blessings of islam, it had not become full time .. yet

Unread postPosted: November 21st, 2018, 9:56 pm 

Unread postPosted: November 21st, 2018, 10:42 pm 

Pics of that sort of thing make me physically shudder

Unread postPosted: November 22nd, 2018, 10:21 am 

cc wrote:
Pics of that sort of thing make me physically shudder

That pic should make every human being shudder.