It is currently April 24th, 2019, 7:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 4:20 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Is it your contention then, that when you start and feed a 150-reply thread through six or eight threadjacks, some of which are yours, and the moderator of a "serious discussion" subforum is faced with the resulting pile of dreck, and said mod splits "your" precious thread and moves everything from your first threadjack onward into a flame subforum where it rightfully belongs, that there is "meatshielding" going on?

All of that is premised on who is the judge of "dreck", and what the point of splitting the thread is.

If it is simply to stifle the debate and to demean its status as a valid discussion, that is plain and simple panel abuse.

Would you be prepared to end the debate by declaring your contempt for the persecution of white South Africans?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 4:33 pm 

iron horse jockey wrote:
caskur wrote:
Gaon wrote:
caskur wrote:
Gaon wrote:
caskur wrote:
Gaon wrote:
I have met South African Israelis. They told me how South Africa mirrors 1934 Germany for whites.

Whites are 9.1% of South Africa...

I don't understand your comment.

Could you please expand it?

My apologies caskur, I meant to say the situation in South Africa today mirrors 1934 Germany for Jews.

I studied German history from 1850 until March 1939 when Hitler Marched into Poland back in 1993... I got an A for it at the time...

My memory is fading a bit now. I know the Germans weren't allowed to marry Jews... I know the Brown Shirts used to wreck their shops but I would have to look up the rest and refresh.

The Jews in Germany were treated like second class citizens, and yes, the whites there in SA are pretty much the same.

Hitler marched into Poland in 1993? I must be a bad influence. ac_toofunny

I better go rephrase that... 1993 was the year I studied German history...

but while I was writing that, I kept looking up at this...so you'll have to understand I wasn't myself...lol

What kind of spider is that?

A big black hairy one... I got my husband to get it off the ceiling, then it jumped out of the container and he had to go diving under my desks in search of it... It's in the garden now where it belongs.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 4:44 pm 

caskur wrote:
A big black hairy one... I got my husband to get it off the ceiling, then it jumped out of the container and he had to go diving under my desks in search of it... It's in the garden now where it belongs.

:laugh:

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 4:50 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:
Is it your contention then, that when you start and feed a 150-reply thread through six or eight threadjacks, some of which are yours, and the moderator of a "serious discussion" subforum is faced with the resulting pile of dreck, and said mod splits "your" precious thread and moves everything from your first threadjack onward into a flame subforum where it rightfully belongs, that there is "meatshielding" going on?

All of that is premised on who is the judge of "dreck", and what the point of splitting the thread is.

If it is simply to stifle the debate and to demean its status as a valid discussion, that is plain and simple panel abuse.

Would you be prepared to end the debate by declaring your contempt for the persecution of white South Africans?

It was a good thread, 10 pages in 2 days.

The "Serious Discussion" section is about Important topics concerning world events or just life in general and that is EXACTLY what we were doing.... he didn't just split it, he divided it up and sent it off to 3 separate places.

It was panel abuse, no two ways about it. He did it for attention... ya know, troll attention. :001_rolleyes: Scoundrel (formerly of 3rd Rail) came in and stirred things up. Wait until some of them get to know 50+ year old Scoundrel talking about 13 yr old girls periods he seems fascinated about. ewww.

He wants flea to either talk to him about it in PM or the mod rooms. He used to do that to Serafina too.... on and on about unimportant shit. :oeudC:

*newsflash peach fuzz, no one has the time to waste on your trolling.... flea has her hands full in her real life... meanwhile, the subject has been moved here.

**Serious question, why does China want Taiwan?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 5:17 pm 

caskur wrote:

Taiwan was part of Holland before it was part of China..

Zheng Cheng Gong, a Ming dynasty loyalist captured Taiwan and established a Koxinga empire, but was defeated by the Ching dynasty in about 1683..

The Ching dynasty lost a war to Japan in 1895 and ceded Taiwan to the Japanese empire..

When Japan surrendered to the Americans in 1945, Chinese president Chiang Kai Shek accepted the surrender of Japan on behalf of the Americans and established effective territorial control over Taiwan even though no Treaty directly transferred sovereignty over Taiwan to the ROC..

In 1949 when Mao defeated Chiang's ROC and established the PRC, Chiang fled to Taiwan with nearly two million die hard supporters..

When the international community switched recognition of China from Taipei to Beijing, the PRC felt that one China means they automatically have sovereignty over self governing Taiwan..

The only problem is that neither the PRC nor the ROC ever had Taiwan's sovereignty transferred to them by treaty..

In my opinion, Taiwan is a de facto independent nation and all it takes to make it de jure is a name change from ROC to Republic of Taiwan..

There's very little support among the under forty demographic for union with China..

China wants Taiwan because of it's strategic location in international shipping lanes and proximity to Southern Japan.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:16 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:

My question was for caskur, and not just rhetorically. But since she has avoided responding to it, I'll take that as a good indication that she has no good answer but will instead rave about panel abuse (not a real prophecy, since I can see she's done so already) and reply to you.

Of course, it's not for any BCers to judge what constitutes "dreck" at another forum, nor the reasons for a thread split. However, any BCers who want to form their own impressions about the matter can probably do so with a guest visit there.

To your direct question, I will say that of course I decry and denounce what is going on in South Africa. And I'll say a bit more than that. I think the adult view of the situation should be that many US liberals supported the boycott and divestiture on the grounds of detesting apartheid and racism, and the only logically tenable position for them at this point is to detest this racism and to be activist in resisting it. However, I don't think that will happen.

At the time of the previous boycott, I predicted that this day would soon come, that the Boers and Afrikaaners had seen their day pass and had abused their position, and that retribution or karma by whatever name was inevitable, and if they had any humility they'd GTFO of there ASAP, like thieves in the night, and let the black Africans divvy up the spoils and sort things out however they please. So while in practical or tactical terms I have little sympathy for those whites, I denounce what is happening to them.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:46 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
caskur wrote:

Zheng Cheng Gong, a Ming dynasty loyalist captured Taiwan and established a Koxinga empire, but was defeated by the Ching dynasty in about 1683..

The Ching dynasty lost a war to Japan in 1895 and ceded Taiwan to the Japanese empire..

When Japan surrendered to the Americans in 1945, Chinese president Chiang Kai Shek accepted the surrender of Japan on behalf of the Americans and established effective territorial control over Taiwan even though no Treaty directly transferred sovereignty over Taiwan to the ROC..

In 1949 when Mao defeated Chiang's ROC and established the PRC, Chiang fled to Taiwan with nearly two million die hard supporters..

When the international community switched recognition of China from Taipei to Beijing, the PRC felt that one China means they automatically have sovereignty over self governing Taiwan..

The only problem is that neither the PRC nor the ROC ever had Taiwan's sovereignty transferred to them by treaty..

In my opinion, Taiwan is a de facto independent nation and all it takes to make it de jure is a name change from ROC to Republic of Taiwan..

There's very little support among the under forty demographic for union with China..

China wants Taiwan because of it's strategic location in international shipping lanes and proximity to Southern Japan.

China intends to flex its muscle... we're all going to be dragged into war over this.

It's so wrong.

I'm beginning to loathe the Chinese government.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:49 pm 

Peaches wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:

My question was for caskur, and not just rhetorically. But since she has avoided responding to it, I'll take that as a good indication that she has no good answer but will instead rave about panel abuse (not a real prophecy, since I can see she's done so already) and reply to you.

Of course, it's not for any BCers to judge what constitutes "dreck" at another forum, nor the reasons for a thread split. However, any BCers who want to form their own impressions about the matter can probably do so with a guest visit there.

To your direct question, I will say that of course I decry and denounce what is going on in South Africa. And I'll say a bit more than that. I think the adult view of the situation should be that many US liberals supported the boycott and divestiture on the grounds of detesting apartheid and racism, and the only logically tenable position for them at this point is to detest this racism and to be activist in resisting it. However, I don't think that will happen.

At the time of the previous boycott, I predicted that this day would soon come, that the Boers and Afrikaaners had seen their day pass and had abused their position, and that retribution or karma by whatever name was inevitable, and if they had any humility they'd GTFO of there ASAP, like thieves in the night, and let the black Africans divvy up the spoils and sort things out however they please. So while in practical or tactical terms I have little sympathy for those whites, I denounce what is happening to them.

This answer from me is for the sake of the members here and not you.

I do not respond to trolls... and frankly I think you are derranged. Now run along you feeble fruitcake and let the others here interact.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:52 pm 

caskur wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
caskur wrote:

China intends to flex its muscle... we're all going to be dragged into war over this.

It's so wrong.

There won't be a war with China over Taiwan..

In fact, annexing twenty five million Taiwanese who know how to think independently presents a big headache for Peking.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:55 pm 

Fashionista wrote:
caskur wrote:
Fashionista wrote:
caskur wrote:

It's so wrong.

There won't be a war with China over Taiwan..

In fact, annexing twenty five million Taiwanese who know how to think independently presents a big headache for Peking.

Haven't you seen the news where says he going to take Taiwan (out of his own big mouth)?

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 6:59 pm 

Peaches wrote:

I concurred until the last sentence.

Your lack of compassion for ANY people being persecuted and threatened, white, black or green is disappointing.

I agree that whites have no place in South Africa, and should be permitted to leave and emigrate to any white, western nation of their choice. I agree that black South Africans have a right to their anger. I do not agree that they have the right to intimidate and threaten ANYONE, and if they do so, those people have my sympathy. We are not talking about tyrants, militant right wingers or former architects of apartheid, but families with children, some who were not alive when apartheid was imposed.

If white people become the subject of lethal torment and maltreatment, it will be to the shame of every white nation on earth to stand by and do nothing. The same white nations that forced the end of apartheid and returned power to the blacks and created this catastrophe.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:00 pm 

caskur wrote:
Peaches wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:

This answer from me is for the sake of the members here and not you.

I do not respond to trolls... and frankly I think you are derranged. Now run along you feeble fruitcake and let the others here interact.

And yet you DID reply to me, two caskur posts above this one. And you still haven't answered my question. Your tactic of flinging shit at the wall with both hands in hopes of finding a turd that will stick has never served you well in disputes with me.

I only have two active threads here ATM and your ass is hanging out in two of them, at least one by your choice, and in both cases your slanders are hollow and empty without proof. Your cred will suffer if you can't pony up.

Oh, and "deranged" has only one r.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:04 pm 

Here Fash... very disturbing...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... fy-taiwan/

Beijing will not rule out the use of force to ensure the “unshakable historic task” of its complete reunification with Taiwan, Xi Jinping, the Chinese President, said on Wednesday, warning that independence for the island would bring “profound disaster.”

Here Taiwan is readying for military action...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4829573/taiw ... lls-china/

Scholars urging Taiwan on...

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aipl/201901090006.aspx

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:05 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:

Your lack of compassion for ANY people being persecuted and threatened, white, black or green is disappointing.

I agree that whites have no place in South Africa, and should be permitted to leave and emigrate to any white, western nation of their choice. I agree that black South Africans have a right to their anger. I do not agree that they have the right to intimidate and threaten ANYONE, and if they do so, those people have my sympathy. We are not talking about tyrants, militant right wingers or former architects of apartheid, but families with children, some who were not alive when apartheid was imposed.

If white people become the subject of lethal torment and maltreatment, it will be to the shame of every white nation on earth to stand by and do nothing. The same white nations that forced the end of apartheid and returned power to the blacks and created this catastrophe.

I think you're just nitpicking here, and looking for a dispute where none exists. You did not ask me for a comprehensive plan about how the situation should be handled, you asked me only this one thing:

Quote:

And I answered it.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:06 pm 

Quote:

The West has lost any moral credibility if they do not open their borders to white South Africans. Israel is the only country that has stepped up to the plate. Something positive from the Law of Return for a change.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:18 pm 

Bricktop wrote:
Peaches wrote:

There are two major black tribes in South Africa that hate each other guts... the Zulu and the Matebele (renamed Ndebele) and before the Europeans settled there and after they settled, those two tribes warred... Now, the whites there were ALWAYS the minority and ALWAYS the peace keepers. Aparteid was largely already there before the dumb dutch rocked up.

The whites NEVER deserved anything but admiration for advancing the dump... seriously. Us other western tribes only got propaganda about South Africa and Rhodesia (Zimbabwe).

I used to breed Rhodesian Ridgbacks... I've been associating with people from South Africa and Zimbabwe for 34 years. It's very interesting talking to them.

In primary school, I met my first "coloured" South African who gave me Zebra skin, seal skin and buck skin which I still have today.

What I read and what I heard from people's mouths were polar opposites.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:21 pm 

caskur wrote:
Haven't you seen the news where says he going to take Taiwan (out of his own big mouth)?

Nothing new there caskur..

China sent war ships into the Taiwan straits when Taiwan held it's presidential election by universal suffrage..

China threatened invasion if Taiwanese elected Taiwanese independence candidate Chen Shui Bian president in 2000 and they did elect him.

They threatened Taiwan with invasion again in the early 2000's if Taiwan changed the name on the passport to ROC issued in Taiwan and Taiwan did..

Bellicose rhetoric like that is for domestic consumption..

Taiwanese don't take it seriously.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:26 pm 

Gaon wrote:
Quote:

The West has lost any moral credibility if they do not open their borders to white South Africans. Israel is the only country that has stepped up to the plate. Something positive from the Law of Return for a change.

It's not as easy as you think it is to leave... They've got laws over there in Southern Africa. They cannot take their wealth... like sell the farm... if they bring things over like electrical appliences they have to be 5 years old...

So over a perid of time, they sneak money out... If I could be bothered, I'd write a detailed list...

Would you leave a farm of 3 or 4 generations of hard bloody work to be on the welfare in a "safe country?"

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:29 pm 

caskur wrote:
Gaon wrote:
Quote:

It's not as easy as you think it is to leave... They've got laws over there in Southern Africa. They cannot take their wealth... like sell the farm... if they bring things over like electrical appliences they have to be 5 years old...

So over a perid of time, they sneak money out... If I could be bothered, I'd write a detailed list...

Would you leave a farm of 3 or 4 generations of hard bloody work to be on the welfare in a "safe country?"

I met South Africans in Israel. They were able to get their money out. One or two did say if they waited much longer they might not be able to take money from real estate sales abroad. White South Africans are the most persecuted people in the world along with Jews and Christians in Muslim countries.

Unread postPosted: January 9th, 2019, 7:32 pm 

Maybe I've had a bad run but the majority of South Africans I've met in Australia were very arrogant.