It is currently December 12th, 2019, 12:44 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 7:51 am 

Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-killed-at-ice-detention-center-manifesto

Quote:
Van Spronsen was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m. Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department. Employees reported he was throwing 'incendiary devices' and setting vehicles on fire and the first officers on the scene said he was wearing a sachet and carrying flares.

Van Spronsen was trying to ignite a propane tank when he was confronted by the officers, who opened fire. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s office said he died of multiple gunshot wounds.

This is what antifa had to say-

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 8:14 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-killed-at-ice-detention-center-manifesto

Quote:
Van Spronsen was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m. Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department. Employees reported he was throwing 'incendiary devices' and setting vehicles on fire and the first officers on the scene said he was wearing a sachet and carrying flares.

Van Spronsen was trying to ignite a propane tank when he was confronted by the officers, who opened fire. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s office said he died of multiple gunshot wounds.

That is a threat. I know Antifa is a secretive terrorist organization, but the FBI must know who the top members are. They have infiltrated Cosa Nostra and motorcycle gangs, get inside Antifa.

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 10:23 am 

seoulbro wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:

That is a threat. I know Antifa is a secretive terrorist organization, but the FBI must know who the top members are. They have infiltrated Cosa Nostra and motorcycle gangs, get inside Antifa.
Absolutely agree. Don't know if they will, because the FBI was highly politicized at the leadership level as evidenced by Comey and co in the last election, so I' not sure they can be trusted to do anything re: leftist groups.

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 10:29 am 

CBP Chief: Democrat Rhetoric Responsible For ‘Fueling’ Terror Attack On ICE Facility
https://conservativemedia.com/news/cbp- ... -facility/

This is the question I have. When some nutball is inspired by a politicians rhetoric is the politician partly to blame?

Of course I know how that goes, if an extremist does something and they aren't on the left-- republicans and/or Trump will get the blame even after disavowing them. But when a violent left wing nut quotes a leftist politician in their manifesto the media will of course ignore it and say it has nothing to do with them, and never ask them to disavow anything.

One of the favorite political weapons of the left/media is double standards.

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 4:11 pm 

Wazzzup wrote:
CBP Chief: Democrat Rhetoric Responsible For ‘Fueling’ Terror Attack On ICE Facility
https://conservativemedia.com/news/cbp- ... -facility/

This is the question I have. When some nutball is inspired by a politicians rhetoric is the politician partly to blame?

Of course I know how that goes, if an extremist does something and they aren't on the left-- republicans and/or Trump will get the blame even after disavowing them. But when a violent left wing nut quotes a leftist politician in their manifesto the media will of course ignore it and say it has nothing to do with them, and never ask them to disavow anything.

One of the favorite political weapons of the left/media is double standards.

If there is a swastika painted on a synagogue, they blame it on Trump's rhetoric.

Unread postPosted: July 17th, 2019, 5:17 pm 

The fracture becomes a chasm, as both sides of the political divide claim it is the politicians on the other side fuelling the increasing acrimony.

And, in a way, they are right. Both sides of politics the world over have adopted a more extreme platform. In some countries, like Australia, the movements away from a centrist position have been relatively small. I think Canada might be the same...although Trudeau's leftism might argue otherwise. In the US, the Democrats have veered left, and Trump has moved the Republicans slightly right.

But the consequence of any socio-political dynamic is that society follows the trend, opening up the distance between ideologies and almost evaporating any hope of society working together and accepting compromise in dealing with issues.

I doubt even Peaches would argue against the premise that it is the left which is driving much of the division and confrontation. Their embrace of identity politics, and causes such as climate change where debate is no longer accepted has pushed the sides apart to the point of a major societal fracture that will be difficult to repair.

We may well be witnessing the end of democratic principles, primarily the fulcrum that demands majority rule.

It is a rather silly concept in any case.

Because 51% of the plebiscite votes a particular way, the other 49% have to suck it in. They may have worked in a more compliant world, but it no longer works now. Nations will soon be faced with the ultimate dilemma...can people with different political beliefs, different racial characteristics, different social standards and different cultural and religious beliefs truly co-exist?

Modern democracy has evolved to the point where it is like a parent to 5 children, and has allowed all five to behave in their own way without discipline. In attempting to apply a rule about meals being ready at a specific time, all five simply disobey and eventually go their own way. One household and 5 sets of rules...or five sub-households each living their own way.

Put another way, the end of Western nations.

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 9:34 am 

Wazzzup wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:

Absolutely agree. Don't know if they will, because the FBI was highly politicized at the leadership level as evidenced by Comey and co in the last election, so I' not sure they can be trusted to do anything re: leftist groups.

I agree with you both. I am deeply concerned why this is not on the news. Could it be that the authorities do not want mass hysteria or copycats? These are such volatile times and the left want to blame it all on the president.

Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it so seriously.

Unread postPosted: July 19th, 2019, 5:09 pm 

@realAzhyaAryola wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:
seoulbro wrote:
Wazzzup wrote:

Quote:

I agree with you both. I am deeply concerned why this is not on the news. Could it be that the authorities do not want mass hysteria or copycats? These are such volatile times and the left want to blame it all on the president.

Everybody is scared of the radical violent left. They are backed up by powerful people with big bucks.