The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

In the final days of the First World War, up to one quarter of the German Army was running from Canadians

Started by cc, November 10, 2018, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

I have refused to wear a poppy for years, for personal reasons.  Nonetheless, to this day nobody is even clear or agrees on what exactly started WWI.  On a basic level, some claim that Serbia started it.

Regardless, what happened in WWI was exactly why WWII happened.

I won't wear a poppy simply because people have been dumbed down to believe it was all Germany's fault.  Everything was Germany's fault.  Look a little deeper into it, and one will realize that it just wasn't as 'simple' as that.

I feel for every man, woman and child that was forced into these wars.  I don't care what 'side' they were on.  It was an ugly time, and nobody 'won.'  Most of these men were simply just used as tools, and honestly had no business fighting in a war that had nothing to do with them.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I have refused to wear a poppy for years, for personal reasons.  Nonetheless, to this day nobody is even clear or agrees on what exactly started WWI.  On a basic level, some claim that Serbia started it.

Regardless, what happened in WWI was exactly why WWII happened.

I won't wear a poppy simply because people have been dumbed down to believe it was all Germany's fault.  Everything was Germany's fault.  Look a little deeper into it, and one will realize that it just wasn't as 'simple' as that.

That's actually a fair position.

You must be sober.

Chuck Bronson

I only drink after dinner, meaning drinking time starts now!  I added a bit after you quoted...

JOE

Regardless of which side they were on, I feel sorry for the Germans whoalsosuffwred during World War I & Ii.

The victorious allies weren't necessarilly gracious.

They dod not always respect the eople they conaqueeed or defeated as this vlip about World IiI indicates:

">

Chuck Bronson

Look up the Wolf Children, Joe...

The war was bad, but for anyone to take sides, is nothing more than attempting to rewrite history.

Chuck Bronson

And why I refuse to wear a Poppy, nor 'enter into silence' for those dead...

MOST of those men, doesn't matter what side they were sent to fight for, had NO business being there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Unlike today, I keep forgetting that Canada once had an well respected military, not to mention during WWII the only armed forces that were ever there to defend Hong Kong from the full scale IJA invasion were the 2 battalion deployed from Canada.

I didn't know that Zetsu?

Do you mean they remained after Imperial Japan conquered the colony of Hong Kong..

The Japanese would have either tortured them or slaughtered them.

Unfortunately many lost their lives, they were simply over whelmed... during that time the IJA beforehand already planned to use Hong Kong as one of the very few beachheads as a logistic point for the majority of their ground forces to enter into China.  :sad:

Hong Kong was strategic to Imperial Japan..

I'd like to read more about this Zetsu.

I guess Hong Kong had economical advantages for the Commonwealth and China, which I assume is important to take over that city first, along with a well developed infrastructure and her harbour serves as a key advantage for the Japanese army and navy to set up a base there, but this is just my guess.  

There weren't much history recorded during the Japanese invasion of Hong Kong b/c I hate to say this but the fortification prepared in Hong Kong didn't lasted long, everything ended abruptly due to against the extremely overwhelming odds and as you already know the unforgiving nature of the IJA, almost everyone, soldiers, medical staff, civilians, etc all met the same horrible fate.

One big difference between Germany in WW2 and Japan and the Soviet Union was Germany kept accurate records of everything while Japan much less and the Soviet Union, little to nothing.

What you say makes sense considering what the Japanese did, espeically their atrocity involving of disecting people without anesthetic or having a contest of seeing who can chop off the most civilian heads made the Nazis look like a saint.

What's not widely known is that many of the most brutal soldiers in the Japanese army were actually Koreans.

cc

You are 100 proof bullshit Mel

You are a full kra-t head and with nazi sympathies expressed

Don't wear what you want, but you are dishonest as to why  ... no better than our resident nazi, who at least admits the scum he is
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Chuck Bronson

I am what I am, but I do not choose sides.

I can live with my decision.

And I have no desire to even explain my ideals to you, CC.  I am NOT a Nazi, but you are convinced that I am.

You are a deluded and delusional old lady, that thinks by spending her free time online, you can change the world...

You can't.  And you won't.

You think you are smart and clever...  You are neither.

Chuck Bronson

Chuck Bronson

No bashing of the report button also, CC!

JOE

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Look up the Wolf Children, Joe...

The war was bad, but for anyone to take sides, is nothing more than attempting to rewrite history.

To kill male armed German soldiers in combat was one thing, but to harm civilian German children & defenseless housewives was truly unacceptable. Not only in this time but even within the context of that one too. I am sad for them when I think what they had gone through.

In so doing the allies may have broken the Geneva conventions.

So it taints the legacy of the allies somewhat of noble & merciful liberators.

Now we get a clearer view of what some of our daddies did in the war.

Relatively speaking, the allies were much more merciful in their occupation of post ww11 war Japan, yet sadly they did not extend that courtesy to German civilians after that war.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"You can bash the report button also, CC....  when you see something that you don't like.

There has only been one poster here who used and abused the report button and that was Twenty Dollars.

cc

Think mel. This is not nazi germany

Why would anyone bother to report an insignificant   attention whore babbling to himself on the internet?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell