News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Hey VancouverGuy, is the Canon 6D camera any goid?

Started by JOE, November 22, 2018, 10:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

I went into London Drugs yesterday & they were selling the camera body only for $1149.

Seems to me that camera used to sell for over $2,000.

Is it worth buying?

I saw that their latest 5D mark iv was $4000.

Like how much better can the image quality get?

I heard the latedt high standard is 4k.

Not sure how much more quality a person needs than hd tho.

Also i noticed that Canon is no longer the only act in town.

Others like Somy are coming up strong.

I was also told dslr is gradually being replaced with another technology & that new lenses are required which will displace the okd ones.

Whats your take on all these bew developments, VG?

Zetsu

I'm not too familiar with Canon DSLRs, but was wondering Joe do you have a set Canon CMOS lens available once you invest in the D6?  I recommend avoiding buying a body due to it being on sale since a single flagship lens can easily cost over $1000, and you'll very likely end up buying at least 3 in the long run if you're ever into photography.  About the new mirrorless camera I dun think they'll come anywhere close to replacing DLSRs in the near future, though full frame mirrorless might be more compact, but I notice their zoom lens are longer than the ones used by full frame DSLRs, in the end there's really little to no size difference unless you're using something like a four thirds like Bricktop's Olympus due to pancake lens.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Camera's take photographs, photographers make photographs.

Much is said about "image quality" by the hordes of photography experts running their own Youtube channels preaching for their favourite marque, and describing how you get "better" image quality with this brand than all the others, and it's ALL BS.

Pretty much any modern camera will give you amazing image quality, given the SAME lens. Zetsu is absolutely correct. The camera was and still is a black box with a recording medium inside. Used to be film now its a CCD sensor, but it's the same principle.

It's the glass on the front that determines image quality. And the good news is even cheap "kit" lenses will produce stunning results compared to 20 years ago. Much of the cost differentiation between cameras comes down to build quality and it's inbuilt software. A cheaper enthusiast camera may take only around 3 frames a second before maxxing out. A more costly camera can take 10 fps. In the past, the frames per second was entirely dictated by the motor drive in the camera. Now it's all about how fast the camera can take, process and store an image. 10 fps is stunningly fast.

If you're a newbie, buy a cheap but good entry level DSLR kit (body and 2 lenses). See where it takes you.

Vancouver

Quote from: "JOE"I went into London Drugs yesterday & they were selling the camera body only for $1149.

Seems to me that camera used to sell for over $2,000.

Is it worth buying?

I saw that their latest 5D mark iv was $4000.

Like how much better can the image quality get?

I heard the latedt high standard is 4k.

Not sure how much more quality a person needs than hd tho.

Also i noticed that Canon is no longer the only act in town.

Others like Somy are coming up strong.

I was also told dslr is gradually being replaced with another technology & that new lenses are required which will displace the okd ones.

Whats your take on all these bew developments, VG?

Just use your phone to take pictures. You Joe buy a DSLR it's just gonna sit in a drawer. Not worth it. You need lenses too. The thing becomes a brick where it's a hassle to take on for walks.
Time is malleable

Bricktop

Unless it's an O L Y M P U S!!!

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ITrsTZjmnpA9GUCo77saMwHaFj%26pid%3D15.1&f=1">