Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Scenes from a market...in black and white

Started by Bricktop, November 21, 2018, 11:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Quote from: "Bricktop"I went to our major market yesterday to do some candids. Some turned out OK.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4892/44178633580_714cafdd77_b.jpg">

I thought you live in a high temperature country? People there dress like it's cold as Vancouver? Great photos showcasing people from different culture.
Time is malleable

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Some black and white images of my city in Israel. I Googled these.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBJeNdZaFZRsGhPKtRGAcylxgUPCwkYaPZqvOtfMIXqklCjhlclQ">

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtoUJGAzuZUKds6CCknkbHBtijfhhv8XiQYkMtJAfffce2s7VPoQ">

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS99IeroaM1MXaM9THgYyq_zcmtIaw5pk_Ml-ViX2wXoWolManDSA">

Is that Tel Aviv?

Zetsu

These pics feel slightly more saturated than your vacation B&W photos, but still cool none the less.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"These pics feel slightly more saturated than your vacation B&W photos, but still cool none the less.

Meaning he took too many pictures?

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Zetsu"These pics feel slightly more saturated than your vacation B&W photos, but still cool none the less.

Naw, it's not that, but for some reason the colour tone is kinda light or lacks warmth for some reason compared to the ones from Brick's vacation or macro shots.  Not trying to complain since I can hardly take good photos but just saying.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Naw, it's not that, but for some reason the colour tone is kinda light or lacks warmth for some reason compared to the ones from Brick's vacation or macro shots.  Not trying to complain since I can hardly take good photos but just saying.

OK, gotcha now.

Bricktop

But they are black and white...monochrome.

I wanted to use that form to highlight people, not the colours of the market per se.

Its amazing how the colour variations almost render the people invisible, yet in black and white the people are they centre of attention.

I might post a colour variant to demonstrate the difference.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I wanted to use that form to highlight people, not the colours of the market per se.

Its amazing how the colour variations almost render the people invisible, yet in black and white the people are they centre of attention.

You're right Bricktop,  people stood out in those pictures.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"

That's pretty true now that you've mentioned it, I notice the people in the pictures closer to you tend to give this pop out feeling out of the photographs themselves, while the subjects in the back feel further away.