Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I have TWO of these.

Started by Bricktop, November 29, 2018, 12:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Booze is already taxed to the max here.  Governments know that there is a limit on how high the price can go...  Triple the tax?  Bootleggers and the black market will laugh all the way to the bank if they did that.  History has shown what happens if you make an in-demand product out of reach to the masses.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Booze is already taxed to the max here.  Governments know that there is a limit on how high the price can go...  Triple the tax?  Bootleggers and the black market will laugh all the way to the bank if they did that.  History has shown what happens if you make an in-demand product out of reach to the masses.

Tax it more anyway.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"I saw these at the liquor store! Lil pricey though. Have you stuck it in the freezer yet? The label changes  :thumbup:

How much was it?

$50! Prolly more where he is.

Sounds tasty though. If he hasnt put it in the freezer yet his mind will be blown prolly when he finds out it changes lol.

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/scotch/johnnie-walker-white-walker#/product?productSize=0">https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/s ... ductSize=0">https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/scotch/johnnie-walker-white-walker#/product?productSize=0

I thought it was expensive.

$50 for a bottle is expensive to me lol.

I guess we'll have to disagree.

This wasnt even top shelf though. That bottle should be $25, like most of the decent stuff is. Im sure $50 may be standard price there though for that.

Here is a Blazor pro tip.... never, and I mean NEVER, drink bottom shelf stuff like Aristocrat, it brings out demons, I've seen them unleash themselves right before my very eyes  :laugh:

Hey Chuck, how much is a 1/5th of Wild Turkey 101 there?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"One thing I miss about the US is how cheap is was for me to get my drunk on...  like half price compared to Canada.  Oh well, I guess our universal healthcare needs to fund itself somehow.

The provinces and Ottawa should triple the taxes on alcohol and use the money for health care.

I dont know about there, but here, they extra tax our gas, cigarettes, alcohol, and firearms. Oh and if you eat out. The only thing not taxed as much is food from the grocery store.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"Tax it more anyway.

You are suggesting to tax a product you don't personally like out of existence.  I am stating that the market doesn't quite work this way, in practice.

Chuck Bronson

750ml (1/5) of  Wild Turkey 101 sells for around $35 CDN here in this Province!

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

750ml (1/5) of  Wild Turkey 101 sells for around $35 CDN here in this Province!

Ouch, yeah roughly $25 here.

Chuck Bronson

And beer is almost double the price here compared to the US, but generally only on larger amounts like 15 and 18 packs.  You see, in the US the prices per unit went down substantially when you buy bigger box...  This phenomenon doesn't exist here to the same extent, as a 12 pack here will essentially cost twice that of a six pack...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"And beer is almost double the price here compared to the US, but generally only on larger amounts like 15 and 18 packs.  You see, in the US the prices per unit went down substantially when you buy bigger box...  This phenomenon doesn't exist here to the same extent, as a 12 pack here will essentially cost twice that of a six pack...

There used to a volume price break when I drank. The unit price on 2-4 was cheaper than a 6 pack.

Chuck Bronson

They seemed to have largely abandoned that pricing model, at least in this Province...  whereas it was commonly seen in the US, at least when I trucked down there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"They seemed to have largely abandoned that pricing model, at least in this Province...  whereas it was commonly seen in the US, at least when I trucked down there.

It wasn't a huge difference, but it was still cheaper per can or bottle buying 2-4's.

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"And beer is almost double the price here compared to the US, but generally only on larger amounts like 15 and 18 packs.  You see, in the US the prices per unit went down substantially when you buy bigger box...  This phenomenon doesn't exist here to the same extent, as a 12 pack here will essentially cost twice that of a six pack...

Yeah it gets cheaper the more you get lol. Same with the liquor, a bottle of Hornitos tequila, 1/5, was $25, and you could get the big 1.75 liter for $35 (I got one for 20% off for $27). 6 pack of good beer is $10, but sometimes get a 12 for $15.

Anonymous

Yeah it gets cheaper the more you get lol. Same with the liquor, a bottle of Hornitos tequila, 1/5, was $25, and you could get the big 1.75 liter for $35 (I got one for 20% off for $27). 6 pack of good beer is $10, but sometimes get a 12 for $15.

I remember buying 30 packs for bucks across the border in North Dakota.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blazor"6 pack of good beer is $10, but sometimes get a 12 for $15.

And this is how we lose out!  While a 6-pack would cost about $10 USD here too, a twelve would be about double that...  No real substantial volume discount. :sad:

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Blazor"6 pack of good beer is $10, but sometimes get a 12 for $15.

And this is how we lose out!  While a 6-pack would cost about $10 USD here too, a twelve would be about double that...  No real substantial volume discount. :sad:

Not cool  :negative: