Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Religions I’d never consider converting to

Started by JOE, December 07, 2018, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

2 already come to mind - Islam & Judaism.

These aren't really faiths, but political ideologies which promote a specific agenda to enhance their financial and territorial  interests.

The others are American Evangelical Christian movements, whoch are essentially fronts for US Military expansionism.

Sorry if this view offends anyone here.

Feel free to disagree, its just a POV thats all

Gaon

Quote from: "JOE"2 already come to mind - Islam & Judaism.

These aren't really faiths, but political ideologies which promote a specific agenda to enhance their financial and territorial  interests.

The others are American Evangelical Christian movements, whoch are essentially fronts for US Military expansionism.

I am an ethnic Jew, but I don't believe in God. I hate the Haredim. They are lazy, and have too much power in Israel. They are also breed like rats.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Joe's sorry he didn't offend you. He tries so hard. Oh well, he gets an E for effort. :laugh3:

JOE

Well laugh if you might Fashionista.

But I went to see Franklin Graham speak when he was in Vancouver.

He is the son of the late Billy Graham.

While his father advocated military non intervention and peace, Franklin Graham supported George W Bush's invasion of Iraq. And his organization's missions To the Middle East reeked  of US military imperialism.

Needless to say I was not impressed with Billy Graham 's son.

I don't believe that Billy Graham himself supported the invasion if Iraq or for that matter any war.

So I've come to the conclusion that Franklin Graham's organization is not really a religious one, but political.

That has strayed dramatically from the principles which Billy Graham advocated

Wazzzup

SB is right, this is just a joe troll thread trying to get at fash.  Joe fails miserably again.

But just so the record is set straight--

1. Islam is a religion with specific goals of miliary like conquest, expansion and control, not Christianity nor Judaism.

2. Imperialism is conquest with the goal of permanent control of other countries, not ousting regimes and then giving autonomy back.

3. Naming one christian and expanding that person to represent all is cherry picking and broad overgeneralization.

JOE

Quote from: "Wazzzup"SB is right, this is just a joe troll thread trying to get at fash.  Joe fails miserably again.

Islam is a religion with specific goals of miliary like conquest, expansion and control, not Christianity nor Judaism.

Actually I've come to a consenus with you and others here that Islam is essentially a political movement.

What we don't appear to agree on is they are not the only one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"SB is right, this is just a joe troll thread trying to get at fash.  Joe fails miserably again.

Islam is a religion with specific goals of military like conquest, expansion and control, not Christianity nor Judaism.

I view religion as man made..

Christianity is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ....things like the judiciary and certainly international affairs are for man made ideologies..

We take  guidance from a higher power than Generals, presidents, or popes.

cc

Quotejust a joe troll thread

What else is new?

Problem is that attention whoring troll gets reactions, thus encouraging him further
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quotejust a joe troll thread

What else is new?

Problem is that attention whoring troll gets reactions, thus encouraging him further

Do you think so? These kind of threads, either here on VF do not seem to get much attention.

cc

True in that they are generally not very active.

I'm referring to his trolling in general including posts in good threads

And they do get some reactions

The Chinese being held for possible extradition being classic joeshit

He's like mel, rw and scouse .. Continues until others go to sleep with boredom

or figure out what they are  up to >  "Last post wins"!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"True in that they are generally not very active.

I'm referring to his trolling in general including posts in good threads

And they do get some reactions

The Chinese being held for possible extradition being classic joeshit

He's like mel, rw and scouse .. Continues until others go to sleep with boredom

or figure out what he's up to >  "Last post wins"!!

Yes, seems that way.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Joe's sorry he didn't offend you. He tries so hard. Oh well, he gets an E for effort. :laugh3:

Attention whoring seems to be a common trait among guys who aint getting any tail.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gaon"
I am an ethnic Jew.

Interesting.

That implies that judaism is a race, not a religion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Gaon"
I am an ethnic Jew.

Interesting.

That implies that judaism is a race, not a religion.

Isn't Askenazi an ethnicity.