Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

my last work day until January 2/Christmas plans

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How is your new enterprise doing Zetsu?

We're doing ok I guess, plus it's just me and my brother, we're still no were close to be called a large successful business lol.  Everyday is just my brother and I burning money for the business start up but still haven't earn a single penny.  All our friends assumed we're already super successful but they couldn't be any farther from the truth.  :001_tongue:

Have you had an uptick in sales for Christmas?

Currently I'm still figuring out how to get our webpage to show up from google's SEO, plus I doubt we'll be able to sell our first product before Christmas.  :001_tongue:

Is it drop ship company?

We dun do drop shipping shipping, it might be convenient, but almost impossible to make a living out of it, lol.

I believe that Zetsu..

You'd almost have to give your merchandise away.

One of the biggest problem with drop shipping is that the seller's work effort, contribution or investing offer for the supplier and end user(customer) is so insignificant and minimal, the supplier makes over 95% of the net profit and the customer buys the product at a cheap whole sale price, leaving the middle man(the store owner) with just razor thin profit margin since we aren't really offering anything.  

If we want to make money, first thing is to take risk by investing wisely, work hard and offer quality products to the society, I know this might sound kind of lame, but I just don't like to believe in taking shortcuts or making fast money.  Like my dad's favorite phrase, no pain no gain.

What is your business model?

Brick and mortar retailing with online sales?

To be precise we aren't really a store, more of a warehouse with a showroom, another factor is we can't accept payments in there either under the plaza's rules, but we can offer pick up if ppl buy stuff and pay online online, or ship directly to their address.

What do  you sell?

Mostly some gimmicky stuff like toys, stationery, gifts, audio with some outdoor gear, action figures.  :001_tongue:
Permanently off his rocker

Gaon

We're doing ok I guess, plus it's just me and my brother, we're still no were close to be called a large successful business lol.  Everyday is just my brother and I burning money for the business start up but still haven't earn a single penny.  All our friends assumed we're already super successful but they couldn't be any farther from the truth.  :001_tongue:

Currently I'm still figuring out how to get our webpage to show up from google's SEO, plus I doubt we'll be able to sell our first product before Christmas.  :001_tongue:

Is it drop ship company?

We dun do drop shipping shipping, it might be convenient, but almost impossible to make a living out of it, lol.

I believe that Zetsu..

One of the biggest problem with drop shipping is that the seller's work effort, contribution or investing offer for the supplier and end user(customer) is so insignificant and minimal, the supplier makes over 95% of the net profit and the customer buys the product at a cheap whole sale price, leaving the middle man(the store owner) with just razor thin profit margin since we aren't really offering anything.  

If we want to make money, first thing is to take risk by investing wisely, work hard and offer quality products to the society, I know this might sound kind of lame, but I just don't like to believe in taking shortcuts or making fast money.  Like my dad's favorite phrase, no pain no gain.

To be precise we aren't really a store, more of a warehouse with a showroom, another factor is we can't accept payments in there either under the plaza's rules, but we can offer pick up if ppl buy stuff and pay online online, or ship directly to their address.

What do  you sell?

Mostly some gimmicky stuff like toys, stationery, gifts, audio with some outdoor gear, action figures.  :001_tongue:

Dollarama  plus. :laugh3:
The Russian Rock It

Zetsu

Is it drop ship company?

I believe that Zetsu..

What do  you sell?

Dollarama  plus. :laugh3:

:MG_216:  Lol I hate admit this but this is direction we're heading to if we dun improve our sourcing portfolio, lol.

Frood

I know of some individuals with a similar model who import scratch and dint consumer goods items from Asia and do quite well from it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I know of some individuals with a similar model who import scratch and dint consumer goods items from Asia and do quite well from it.

I know many Chinese in my city who import goods from China..

What are your holiday plans DD?

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I know of some individuals with a similar model who import scratch and dint consumer goods items from Asia and do quite well from it.

Not much. Work loads go up over December and January. Probably just eat a lot of festive foods and get indigestion inside with the air con on while watching movies with the fam.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Not much. Work loads go up over December and January. Probably just eat a lot of festive foods and get indigestion inside with the air con on while watching movies with the fam.

As long as you are with family, it's always enjoyable.

ac_smile

Frood

ac_smile

Happy holidays to you and yours Fash if I'm not around later.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

ac_smile

Happy holidays to you and yours Fash if I'm not around later.

Thank you very much DD and a very Merry Christmas to you as well.

ac_smile

Zetsu

There's some truth to what you say, and sometimes the best selling products can be pretty unpredictable or no one ever gives a darn about, lol.

Frood

There's some truth to what you say, and sometimes the best selling products can be pretty unpredictable or no one ever gives a darn about, lol.

Well they get the goods at 1/6 to 1/10 of RRP, even with duties and container costs, then flog the cosmetically marked items pretty quickly at their warehouses and online. People don't care if they can pay 1/3 to 1/2 for what the chain stores are marking up.

They might only carry one to two dozen SKU's at any one time depending on what's going but it's not labour intensive and the turn over is pretty fast.
Blahhhhhh...

Gaon

It's pretty cut throat in Israel. Too many people into it.
The Russian Rock It

Frood

It's pretty cut throat in Israel. Too many people into it.

It's like anything really. People will exploit the system in packs. There are immigrant groups here who drive around on the weekends in our rural areas looking for elderly people having garage sales who just want to lighten their households before going to nursing homes and don't realize what these guys are doing when they bully them into nearly giving their stuff away only to put it in their secondhand shops back in the city at monstrous markups. Word spreads in these ethnic groups and pretty soon most of the valuable garage sale stuff is gone before it even starts.

Some of the older people have worked it out and now go to garage sales themselves to buy stuff to put in weekly or monthly garage sales of their own.

Business is a vacuum.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Well they get the goods at 1/6 to 1/10 of RRP, even with duties and container costs, then flog the cosmetically marked items pretty quickly at their warehouses and online. People don't care if they can pay 1/3 to 1/2 for what the chain stores are marking up.

They might only carry one to two dozen SKU's at any one time depending on what's going but it's not labour intensive and the turn over is pretty fast.

I think I know which stuff you're referring too, i've seen it too, but it might be only one side of the coin.

Frood

I think I know which stuff you're referring too, i've seen it too, but it might be only one side of the coin.

Dunno. One group originally only dealt with wiring, looms, cables, and other nickle and dime stuff but got out due to the flooding from other copycats and the slow turnaround once the box stores had too many desperates flogging for whatever they could get. I personally think it's better to keep the line items down and work on pull, if it's an option with the direct or middleman who has exclusive in Asia.
Blahhhhhh...