Quote from: "seoulbro"
">

Jail as a  timeout.

:laugh:

Anonymous

JOE

">

Nowhere is the above more true than with divorces & family courts.

When I went to resolve traffic tickets dy in tge bc law courts, I'd pass by the family law clerks. I'd see mostly middle aged men starting in their late 30s early 40 discussing or being indoctrinated by them on resolving post marital disputes with their ex spouses. Sometimes i'd see the odd woman, but it was mostly men. People I know who've gone thru a divorce say its like remedial education.

">

The dad is required to attend courses & watch videos on becoming a better parent/dad.

And they have to pay for that pleasure too.

Gawd talk about self inflicted punishment.

Marriage as the initiation, divorce becomes the time to grow up.

And yes, in the case of divorce, the state/government does indeed become or function as the parents' parent.

Must be the equivalent to matt groening's life in hell.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/Life-in-Hell-No-4.jpg/200px-Life-in-Hell-No-4.jpg">

Anonymous

That stand up bit by Seinfeld is especially true today. Millennials are spoiled by their parents, their teachers and the government.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "JOE"
">

Nowhere is the above more true than with divorces & family courts.

When I went to resolve traffic tickets dy in tge bc law courts, I'd pass by the family law clerks. I'd see mostly middle aged men starting in their late 30s early 40 discussing or being indoctrinated by them on resolving post marital disputes with their ex spouses. Sometimes i'd see the odd woman, but it was mostly men. People I know who've gone thru a divorce say its like remedial education.

">

The dad is required to attend courses & watch videos on becoming a better parent/dad.

Marriage as the initiation, divorce becomes the time to grow up.

And yes, in the case of divorce, the state/government does indeed become or function as the parents' parent.

Must be the equivalent to matt groening's life in hell.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/Life-in-Hell-No-4.jpg/200px-Life-in-Hell-No-4.jpg">

That video is a clip from the parenting after separation (PAS) mandatory course you have to take in order to proceed with family court.   It's a 3 hour long poorly put together presentation that no one takes seriously.  It's a complete waste of time.  The certificate is only good for 2 years, then it expires.  If you want to go back to court, you have to take this program again, every 2 years.

^^

Not just men, but women too.  It's on the rise.  And yes, they have to pay for these courses out of their own pocket and it's not cheap.  Many parents ordered to do this, do not follow thru.  Self inflicted is right.  They are the cause of their own demise and they dont even know it.  This is what's going to happen to my kids dad next year.

Anonymous

Why would an elderly virgin like Joe care about divorce and family court.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"Why would an elderly virgin like Joe care about divorce and family court.

Oh I used to pass by family court in the law courts in Vancouver when I had to pay parking fines or challenge tickets.

Heck Herm I was only trying ta avoid points on my license, but these single dads were either trying to have some access/custody if their kids.

They were probably shelling out tons of money too.

That must bring back memories for you too Herman sunce ya saud you were divorced with a son, eh Herman?

Anyways i just thought its somewhat related to this thread cuz it seemed like the state or province was telling these grown men and women what to do, treating them like adolescents. The state as parent.

Jeez I would find that humiliating as you must have, eh Herm?

It sent a chill down my spine as a friend of mine was going through that same process.

He was just trying to have access/ custody of his 8 year old son just 2 days a week eh?

I can't imagine what it must be like when the state becomes yer parent like that.

But obviously you know much better 'n me, eh Herm?

JOE

Berry Sweet

You dont know peoples family issues Joe.  Every case is different.

Not all men are poor, innocent victims in family court.  Its really stereotyped.  A lot of them are inconsiderate bastards, a few women too.  

Have you actually sat in and listened to some of the cases?  Most of them are just ridiculous bickering...others are pretty serious and you dont get to hear about it cause it gets issued to a case conference or another private hearing.

JOE

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You dont know peoples family issues Joe.  Every case is different.

Not all men are poor, innocent victims in family court.  Its really stereotyped.  A lot of them are inconsiderate bastards, a few women too.  

Have you actually sat in and listened to some of the cases?  Most of them are just ridiculous bickering...others are pretty serious and you dont get to hear about it cause it gets issued to a case conference or another private hearing.

Well, it's still the state/province dictating the terms, much like a parent, Berr.

I have some friends with a dusabled child.

They get aid from the government but then they tell them how to raise their kid.

At least that's what they complain to me.

You lose your freedom when governments get involved.

They end up telling adults/parents what to do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"You dont know peoples family issues Joe.  Every case is different.

Each case is different, that seems likely.