The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

for christians....

Started by deadskinmask, December 24, 2018, 05:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"i just finished watching the entire video..

A question for the biblical scholar lol, what about the firmament? And if God created the sun on the 4th day, what was the world revolving around if there was no sun or light?

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

God does not need the sun, moon, and stars to provide light. God is light! First John 1:5 declares, "This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all." God Himself was the light for the first three days of Creation, just as He will be in the new heavens and new earth, "There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever" (Revelation 22:5). Until He created the sun, moon, and stars, God miraculously provided light during the "day" and may have done so during the "night" as well (Genesis 1:14).

Interesting, as I dont know if I seen that before. Do you read from the King James version?

Also, what about the firmament lol?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

The "firmament" (from the Latin firmamentum, meaning "sky" or "expanse") is mentioned 17 times in the King James Version of the Bible and refers to the expanse of the heavens above the earth.

Nine of the occurrences of firmament are in the first chapter of the Bible as part of the creation account. Genesis 1:6-8 says, "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day." The "firmament" is called "heaven"; i.e., it is what people see when they stand outside and look up. It is the space which includes the earth's atmosphere and the celestial realm. In the firmament, we see the sun, moon, and stars; in modern translations the firmament is often called the "expanse" or the "sky."

Genesis says that the firmament "separated the water under the expanse from the water above it" (Genesis 1:7). Originally, God created the earth with water "under" the sky (terrestrial and subterranean water) and water "above" the sky—possibly a "water canopy" which enwrapped the earth in a protective layer. Or, the waters above the firmament could simply be a reference to clouds.

We find firmament used again in Psalms: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork" (Psalm 19:1). Also, in Psalm 150:1, "Praise ye the LORD. . . . Praise him in the firmament of his power."

Firmament is used in only two other books of the Bible: Ezekiel (five times) and Daniel (once). In Ezekiel, each occurrence takes place within a vision. For example, "Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne" (Ezekiel 10:1).

Daniel 12:3 says, "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

In short, the "firmament" is a vast expanse, specifically the atmosphere or sky. The word is found only in the King James Version and other older translations of the Bible.

deadskinmask

blazor.... i believe you might be wasting your time, partner.... if i'm not mistaken, shes catholic....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"blazor.... i believe you might be wasting your time, partner.... if i'm not mistaken, shes catholic....

Lol, I'm not Catholic dsm..

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"The "firmament" (from the Latin firmamentum, meaning "sky" or "expanse") is mentioned 17 times in the King James Version of the Bible and refers to the expanse of the heavens above the earth.

Nine of the occurrences of firmament are in the first chapter of the Bible as part of the creation account. Genesis 1:6-8 says, "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day." The "firmament" is called "heaven"; i.e., it is what people see when they stand outside and look up. It is the space which includes the earth's atmosphere and the celestial realm. In the firmament, we see the sun, moon, and stars; in modern translations the firmament is often called the "expanse" or the "sky."

Genesis says that the firmament "separated the water under the expanse from the water above it" (Genesis 1:7). Originally, God created the earth with water "under" the sky (terrestrial and subterranean water) and water "above" the sky—possibly a "water canopy" which enwrapped the earth in a protective layer. Or, the waters above the firmament could simply be a reference to clouds.

We find firmament used again in Psalms: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork" (Psalm 19:1). Also, in Psalm 150:1, "Praise ye the LORD. . . . Praise him in the firmament of his power."

Firmament is used in only two other books of the Bible: Ezekiel (five times) and Daniel (once). In Ezekiel, each occurrence takes place within a vision. For example, "Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne" (Ezekiel 10:1).

Daniel 12:3 says, "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

In short, the "firmament" is a vast expanse, specifically the atmosphere or sky. The word is found only in the King James Version and other older translations of the Bible.

Thanks for this.

When looking into flat earth, I seen that too, where there could be water above the firmament. If you look at stars and planets through a telescope, they look as if they are under water.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HbdFQRDbfcU/maxresdefault.jpg">

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/0d/d6/b10dd65f345a3e6f28e78779f5dc466d.jpg">

Blazor

Quote from: "deadskinmask"blazor.... i believe you might be wasting your time, partner.... if i'm not mistaken, shes catholic....

I prolly am lol, but since Fash is the Christian scholar I thought I would see what her take was lol.

Anonymous

Although Fash will argue it, science and faith do not belong in the same thread, but they always seem to.

DSM is right, Blaze is wasting his time.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"Although Fash will argue it, science and faith do not belong in the same thread, but they always seem to.

Especially since she is copy/pasting my ass!!!!  :sneaky2:

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/thefirmament-180326224441/95/the-firmament-5-638.jpg?cb=1522104332">

deadskinmask

well.... thats a relief, i suppose....

and yeah. i had a nice quiet camping trip till the xmas fever died down.... thanks....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Although Fash will argue it, science and faith do not belong in the same thread, but they always seem to.

Shen, It's not the first time I've heard contradictory opinions about something deeply important to me..

I'm not that delicate, I can handle it..

I welcome it.

deadskinmask

I prolly am lol, but since Fash is the Christian scholar I thought I would see what her take was lol.

brother.... ppl who 'believe the bible', no longer believe the bible.... its been replaced. trust me. wasting your time....

Anonymous

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/thefirmament-180326224441/95/the-firmament-5-638.jpg?cb=1522104332">

Of course, you asked a question and I give you a source that can explain it much better than I can..

I'm not typing all that.

Blazor

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

well.... thats a relief, i suppose....

and yeah. i had a nice quiet camping trip till the xmas fever died down.... thanks....

Damn I miss going camping. Didnt get to go at all this past year.

Blazor

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

brother.... ppl who 'believe the bible', no longer believe the bible.... its been replaced. trust me. wasting your time....

Isnt there something in the Book of Enoch on this stuff? And that may be partly why it was omitted?

Blazor

Of course, you asked a question and I give you a source that can explain it much better than I can..

I'm not typing all that.

I gotcha, but I still like to hear "your" opinion  :laugh: