Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

In some ways I don’t mind Trump

Started by JOE, December 28, 2018, 01:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Even if I was a disenchanted Republican during the 2016 elections, there was no way I was ever going to vote for Clinton. Trump is our president, period. I respect the office of the President of the USA. Trump is not perfect. I don't agree with all of what he says and does but I sure prefer him over anyone else around today. He's doing a great job so far. Good job, Mr. President! MAGA! 2020!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The media should be held accountable for all the hysteria that has plagued many nations. In the USA, I wish the government will investigate the media for their fake news. So much of it has been allowed to flourish.

In every hour, it seems the American media announces  or posts the news and the other fifty minutes of each hour is hyper political editorializing..

It's as bad as Taiwan's polarized media.

@realAzhyaAryola

I think it's bad everywhere including Canada. I don't like the super liberal views of the Canadian media about Trump.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I think it's bad everywhere including Canada. I don't like the super liberal views of the Canadian media about Trump.

The CBC is very biased and so is Torstar.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"
If there is any accuracy to the poll, it shows how the media is successfully filling people's minds with disinformation.

Dat shit drives me crazy, and the only way we will get a fair voting system is if the media is not involved. It needs to be banished, but the sheep keep eating the grain.

I wouldn't mind the media staying out of politics, in North America and Taiwan, they are so biased..

But, what about social media?

It's a very effective tool to manipulate the masses.

Ha! I just made a post about a lot of this!

I wouldnt mind the media "reporting" true politics, but its as you say, so biased. A few reasons for this, and its partly what Scouse has talked about, but I will say its not all Jews lol. I simply say THEY and THEM and such. So THEY own a great deal of media, and the CIA has agents in there too pulling strings. The majority of those agents are owned by THEM. THEY lay down what is to be said and reported, not the reporters. True reporters get fired for wanting to be just and true, so only the ones that stay are the ones who say what they are told. Social media, google and such is controlled by the same PEOPLE (evil as they are).

If it were up to me, in the state of affairs that things are in, media should be cut off from handling election material. Instead it should be a mix of the old days with the new. Say a guy or gal wants to be president, they would need to travel city to city to speak their cause, promoting themselves. They should only receive funds from normal people, not big businesses, even maybe foreign aid so long as its not big business. Cant rely on facebook or google, at the risk of being censored, so why not create your own website. As they go town to town they can hand out printed material, speak, point to the website, etc. So you are prolly thinking Im crazy lol, but if media was made illegal to handle election material and polls and stuff, then it would be HUGELY fair in my opinion.

As far as social media, one main problem with that is censorship. One side is usually censored more than the other. Also the paid trolls. I dont quite have a solution for all that yet lol. Except maybe they should be kinda like us and have its own politics section. I see the haters posting hate on folks, people getting unfriended over things, its all kind of crazy. To do my part, I banish it and dont use it.

I dont recall politics being heavily talked about til Obama, and how he played into the social media game. From there is where it took off. If I remember, people usually kept politics to themselves for the most part, especially "who you were voting for". It was considered bad to tell who you were voting for, because by doing that, you may sway another persons opinion.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The media should be held accountable for all the hysteria that has plagued many nations. In the USA, I wish the government will investigate the media for their fake news. So much of it has been allowed to flourish.

Bingo!

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Even if I was a disenchanted Republican during the 2016 elections, there was no way I was ever going to vote for Clinton. Trump is our president, period. I respect the office of the President of the USA. Trump is not perfect. I don't agree with all of what he says and does but I sure prefer him over anyone else around today. He's doing a great job so far. Good job, Mr. President! MAGA! 2020!

My thoughts exactly  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
If there is any accuracy to the poll, it shows how the media is successfully filling people's minds with disinformation.

Dat shit drives me crazy, and the only way we will get a fair voting system is if the media is not involved. It needs to be banished, but the sheep keep eating the grain.

I wouldn't mind the media staying out of politics, in North America and Taiwan, they are so biased..

But, what about social media?

It's a very effective tool to manipulate the masses.

Ha! I just made a post about a lot of this!

I wouldnt mind the media "reporting" true politics, but its as you say, so biased. A few reasons for this, and its partly what Scouse has talked about, but I will say its not all Jews lol. I simply say THEY and THEM and such. So THEY own a great deal of media, and the CIA has agents in there too pulling strings. The majority of those agents are owned by THEM. THEY lay down what is to be said and reported, not the reporters. True reporters get fired for wanting to be just and true, so only the ones that stay are the ones who say what they are told. Social media, google and such is controlled by the same PEOPLE (evil as they are).

If it were up to me, in the state of affairs that things are in, media should be cut off from handling election material. Instead it should be a mix of the old days with the new. Say a guy or gal wants to be president, they would need to travel city to city to speak their cause, promoting themselves. They should only receive funds from normal people, not big businesses, even maybe foreign aid so long as its not big business. Cant rely on facebook or google, at the risk of being censored, so why not create your own website. As they go town to town they can hand out printed material, speak, point to the website, etc. So you are prolly thinking Im crazy lol, but if media was made illegal to handle election material and polls and stuff, then it would be HUGELY fair in my opinion.

As far as social media, one main problem with that is censorship. One side is usually censored more than the other. Also the paid trolls. I dont quite have a solution for all that yet lol. Except maybe they should be kinda like us and have its own politics section. I see the haters posting hate on folks, people getting unfriended over things, its all kind of crazy. To do my part, I banish it and dont use it.

I dont recall politics being heavily talked about til Obama, and how he played into the social media game. From there is where it took off. If I remember, people usually kept politics to themselves for the most part, especially "who you were voting for". It was considered bad to tell who you were voting for, because by doing that, you may sway another persons opinion.

In my opinion the problem is social media more so than the NYT, Clinton News Network or WaPo or Fox on the pro Trump ledger. Young people get their news from social media and non traditional "news" sources like Rabble, Mother Jones and the TYEE.  They are soundbites and editorials. They are also owned by a handful of people who don't allow counter  opinions.

Democracy is not designed for the information age. Sure, all media is a problem, but they have taken advantage of technology. Democracy is stuck in the 1950's. If democracy is reformed, the many complaints about the media will no longer be valid.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I have to wonder if that poll is legit.

I don't know. According to the link, it was a Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released exclusively to The Hill. I generally like the Hill.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
In my opinion the problem is social media more so than the NYT, Clinton News Network or WaPo or Fox on the pro Trump ledger. Young people get their news from social media and non traditional "news" sources like Rabble, Mother Jones and the TYEE.  They are soundbites and editorials. They are also owned by a handful of people who don't allow counter  opinions.

Democracy is not designed for the information age. Sure, all media is a problem, but they have taken advantage of technology. Democracy is stuck in the 1950's. If democracy is reformed, the many complaints about the media will no longer be valid.

I just know its all one big ol' clusterfuck, and Im tired of having to buy lube!  :laugh:

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I have to wonder if that poll is legit.  Lots of polls oversample democrats to get results they want.  I will stick with Rasmussen, seeing as they were the most accurate predictors of the 2016 election.

I would have loved to ask the poll respondents who said he should be impeached or censured what the reason for it is.  Trump has certainly done nothing meriting censure, much less impeachment.

The poll probably is a reflection of a media brainwashing.

But, I don't think breaking up the media monopoly will change much. I am more in agreement with seoulbro, that the way you do democracy in older democracies like the United States and the United Kingdom is flawed. They need a total makeover.

Israel like Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic is a newer democracy. Those countries have real political spectrums and real choice The USA and UK on the other hand look old and tired compared to these young vibrant democracies. American and British politicians tell voters what is right and not vice versa.

I would support a break up of the stranglehold a few billionaires have on English language media. But, aging  democracies like America, Britain and Canada still need reform.
The Russian Rock It

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I have to wonder if that poll is legit.

I don't know. According to the link, it was a Harvard CAPS/Harris poll released exclusively to The Hill. I generally like the Hill.
The Hill is generally center to center left.  They are usually a reasonable source.  I don't know about Harvard or their poll.  I would look into the methods they used, but I haven't the time nor the patience.

Suffice it to say its either biased OR

its accurate and the media is to blame for all the Ridiculous russia conspiracy theory nonsense they have been pushing for 24/7 for literally years now.   (Still with not a shred of evidence to support it.)

Notwithstanding the Hill, the mainstream media is so ridiculously biased at this point,  they couldn't be more biased if they were directly controlled by the democrat party.  And sadly, there is probably nothing that can be done about it.   :sad:

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I have to wonder if that poll is legit.  Lots of polls oversample democrats to get results they want.  I will stick with Rasmussen, seeing as they were the most accurate predictors of the 2016 election.

I would have loved to ask the poll respondents who said he should be impeached or censured what the reason for it is.  Trump has certainly done nothing meriting censure, much less impeachment.

But, I don't think breaking up the media monopoly will change much. I am more in agreement with seoulbro, that the way you do democracy in older democracies like the United States and the United Kingdom is flawed. They need a total makeover.

Israel like Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic is a newer democracy. Those countries have real political spectrums and real choice The USA and UK on the other hand look old and tired compared to these young vibrant democracies. American and British politicians tell voters what is right and not vice versa.

I would support a break up of the stranglehold a few billionaires have on English language media. But, aging  democracies like America, Britain and Canada still need reform.

That certainly may be so.  I have little hope for America.  White conservative voters are being ethnically cleansed by dilution through immigration.   Same with the UK, germany Sweden and France.

But whatever internal flaws may exist, the media is still leftist worldwide.   And as long as the left controls the information people get, they will always have that as a huge advantage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

That certainly may be so.  I have little hope for America.  White conservative voters are being ethnically cleansed by dilution through immigration.   Same with the UK, germany Sweden and France.

But whatever internal flaws may exist, the media is still leftist worldwide.   And as long as the left controls the information people get, they will always have that as a huge advantage.

Outside of the Western world, a lot of the media is conservative.