The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Canadas Immigration

Started by Gary Oak, October 17, 2012, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 23 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

Canada needs immigrants. I speak tagalog and I almost always get a very good reaction from the filipinos I meet when I speak their language. I do however believe that we simply shouldn't allow people to immigrate who support the taking over of Canada for their nationality for th eir  homeland or those who see Canada and Canadians as a country and people to cheat. I am sure that all adult Vancouverites have come accross these two types. Harper has clamped down on the scam marriages and here is yet another welcome move by our responsible Prime Minister.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-seeking-powers-bar-certain-192635637.html">http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-p ... 35637.html">http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-seeking-powers-bar-certain-192635637.html

Romero

Nearly everyone from every nationality becomes a fine citizen. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does an excellent job and our immigration policies are respected worldwide. Immigrants who supposedly support some takeover of Canada are practically non-existent and I've never come across any. All the immigrants I've know have been good people.

We already don't allow people who support the taking over of Canada. Our immigration system isn't perfect but it's pretty darn close.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Nearly everyone from every nationality becomes a fine citizen. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does an excellent job and our immigration policies are respected worldwide. Immigrants who supposedly support some takeover of Canada are practically non-existent and I've never come across any. All the immigrants I've know have been good people.

We already don't allow people who support the taking over of Canada. Our immigration system isn't perfect but it's pretty darn close.

what about BB and her occupy crowd of anarchists who advocate the overthrow of a democratically elected government

Romero

Zing! haha

But seriously, bb's a wicked awesome citizen.  :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Zing! haha

Do you service her orally?

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Whew, you took that one better than I thought. Maybe you do have a sense of humour after all.

BTW, bb is an awesome person. Extremely ideological and not very pragmatic, but hey who's perfect.

Occupiers.

Zing!

Obvious Li

she is cute, sexy and a complete whack job but an awesome person no doubt....i think it's the hormones that make her crazy.......

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"

she is cute, sexy and a complete whack job but an awesome person no doubt....i think it's the hormones that make her crazy.......

Whack job...without question. Cute and sexy though?? I've seen her pic and if I was a guy I wouldn't notice her at all. Maybe compared to ghost who weighs between 300 and 400 lbs and reeks of nicotine.
[/b]

now that is one seriously fucked up chick.......born and raised on the government trough and destined to die there as well....fucking sad

Gary Oak

We need immigration. Even though there are countless natives in towns like Grand Prairie,Fort St John,etc... actually all northern BC and Alberta  who can't find a job even though almost all businesses are hiring so these businesses need workers and there are millions of very good people from Countries like the Philippines, Cambodia, indonesia ,Ethiopia [ not Somalia  ] etc... that feel like they won the lottery if they could go to these freezing towns to live and work. We need immigration however do we really need more immigrants who believe that Canada should be annexed by their home  country or see us as a people and country to be cheated ? I am sure that most of us have also come accross some of these negative characters and wonmdered why se give such garbage the privalage of living here.

Obvious Li

Quoteand a complete whack job

I got thinking about that Obvious and I wonder if it is all just an act. I don't see how anyone of her advanced years could be so obstinate. Pragmatism and wisdom are a natural progression as one ages. Obviously not the case with bb.

BTW, how old is Romero?

No, i think it is genuine.......it is hard to fake the vitriol and hate she continually espouses against Harper or Romney or anything conservative......she is a true believer, fanatically so......i've never understood why she would emigrate to a western democracy from a communist dictatorship and then spend all her time trying to change her host  country into some kind of communist workers paradise...just doesn't make any sense.......one more reason why we need to screen these people more thoroughly......thank God for Jason Kenny

as far as Romero goes.....never gave it any thought.....to me he is just an annoying little gnat...so i don't think about him at all....he has that gen X,Y,Z know it all attitude so probably late 20's early 30's.....why, do you know????

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Gary Oak"We need immigration. Even though there are countless natives in towns like Grand Prairie,Fort St John,etc... actually all northern BC and Alberta  who can't find a job even though almost all businesses are hiring so these businesses need workers and there are millions of very good people from Countries like the Philippines, Cambodia, indonesia ,Ethiopia [ not Somalia  ] etc... that feel like they won the lottery if they could go to these freezing towns to live and work. We need immigration however do we really need more immigrants who believe that Canada should be annexed by their home  country or see us as a people and country to be cheated ? I am sure that most of us have also come accross some of these negative characters and wonmdered why se give such garbage the privalage of living here.

agreed...we need to get to a critical mass of about 50 million plus population to be a serious country..... unfortunately the natives will never be positive contributors to this country, they will always be a significant drain on our resources....for the past 60 years, various levels of government, aided by a succession of disastrous supreme court appointees,  have completely destroyed any hope or incentive for them to ever be productive...we will always have to bring in immigrants to offset the cost of these human pieces of garbage......on the other hand most of the people we bring in from Asia are hard workers, strongly conservative and for the most part anti (too much)government......granted we need to clamp down on abuses to welfare and EI programs by the east indians and pakistani's that come here, hopefully Kenny will deal with that ......we have to face the fact that Canada has changed forever from the country of my youth...there is no going back.....frankly, i have mixed feelings about that but generally think it is positive.

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"granted we need to clamp down on abuses to welfare and EI programs by the east indians and pakistani's that come here, hopefully Kenny will deal with that

You're East Indian or Pakistani?

Quote from: "Munday"fucking conservatives deciding to target annual unemployment insurance recipients......why cant those fucking politicians leave well enough alone.......five more years on the dole is all i ask.......now i will have to seek another solution to scam the system for free money.....a challenge but only a small one for someone with my abilities to understand and fuck the system......

Securious

Quote from: "Gary Oak"We need immigration. Even though there are countless natives in towns like Grand Prairie,Fort St John,etc... actually all northern BC and Alberta  who can't find a job even though almost all businesses are hiring so these businesses need workers and there are millions of very good people from Countries like the Philippines, Cambodia, indonesia ,Ethiopia [ not Somalia  ] etc... that feel like they won the lottery if they could go to these freezing towns to live and work. We need immigration however do we really need more immigrants who believe that Canada should be annexed by their home  country or see us as a people and country to be cheated ? I am sure that most of us have also come accross some of these negative characters and wonmdered why se give such garbage the privalage of living here.

agreed...we need to get to a critical mass of about 50 million plus population to be a serious country..... unfortunately the natives will never be positive contributors to this country, they will always be a significant drain on our resources....for the past 60 years, various levels of government, aided by a succession of disastrous supreme court appointees,  have completely destroyed any hope or incentive for them to ever be productive...we will always have to bring in immigrants to offset the cost of these human pieces of garbage......on the other hand most of the people we bring in from Asia are hard workers, strongly conservative and for the most part anti (too much)government......granted we need to clamp down on abuses to welfare and EI programs by the east indians and pakistani's that come here, hopefully Kenny will deal with that ......we have to face the fact that Canada has changed forever from the country of my youth...there is no going back.....frankly, i have mixed feelings about that but generally think it is positive.

Sinclair Stevens , the Tory industry minister who helped open Canada to foreign investment with the creation of the Investment Canada Act in 1985, says Ottawa should reject a Chinese state-owned oil company's bid to take over Calgary-based Nexen Inc. (Tim Fraser /Tim Fraser) Nexen deal called dangerous precedent Add to ...

STEVEN CHASE

OTTAWA — The Globe and Mail

Published Wednesday, Sep. 26 2012, 7:00 AM EDT

Last updated Wednesday, Sep. 26 2012, 12:23 AM EDT

87 comments    

Print /

License AA   The man who famously flung open Canada's doors to foreign investment 27 years ago is speaking out against a Chinese state-owned petroleum company's takeover bid for a major Alberta oil producer.

Sinclair Stevens was industry minister in the mid-1980s when the Mulroney government undertook a major rewrite of the rules governing foreign buyouts of homegrown companies.

More Related to this Story

•Globe editorial CSIS report raises a question to be asked about the CNOOC-Nexen deal

•TRADE Not time yet for China deal, Baird says

•TRADE Carney urges firms to 'reorient' to China

Now 85 and living north of Toronto, Mr. Stevens warns allowing Beijing to take control of Calgary-based Nexen Inc. would grant the Chinese state a disturbing foothold in the oil sands. "They don't live by the same rules that other companies have to live by."

He is still bullish on outside investment because it brings Canada much-needed capital.

But Mr. Stevens says allowing a foreign state-owned entity to take control of Calgary-based Nexen Inc. would cross a dangerous line – one that he predicts Canada would find it hard to stop from crossing again. "It would be a breakthrough for them. How would you say 'No' to the next fellow?"

In 1985, he replaced the regulation-heavy Foreign Investment Review Agency – which reviewed all non-Canadian takeovers – with the more capital-friendly Investment Canada Act.

Mr. Stevens said the architects of the Investment Act were against allowing foreign state-owned firms to snap up Canadian companies.

"While we didn't put it in the act, the departmental view was very firm: you can't tolerate state-owned firms taking over anything in any substantial way in Canada," Mr. Stevens said.

The act allows the industry minister to reject a foreign takeover if it does not provide a "net benefit" to Canada, as the Conservatives have done in recent years with bids for MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.'s space technology division and Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.

The former minister said he doubts Beijing would similarly grant Canada the same sort of buying opportunity as China National Offshore Oil Corp. seeks in Nexen.

"If Canada changes policy and permits foreign state-owned corporations to buy majority interests in our resource industry we will have set a precedent Canadians will regret."

Mr. Stevens said the lack of opposition to the proposed deal in Alberta surprises him. He considers it bizarre that the Alberta oil patch lobbied for Ottawa to relinquish its ownership of Petro-Canada, but is willing to accept the Chinese state instead.

"It is truly strange that the oil and gas industry, particularly in Alberta, lobbied to have Petro-Canada ... de-nationalized in the 1970s while today, in 2012, many in the same industry see nothing wrong with the Chinese government owning one of our important oil and gas companies," Mr. Sinclair said.

"In short, is Canadian government nationalization wrong but Chinese nationalization is fine?"

Mr. Stevens said he believes Prime Minister Stephen Harper has already made up his mind to permit CNOOC to buy Nexen and will override any concerns within the Conservative caucus. "Unless there's a bit of a rebellion there, I think any anxiety over this would be quickly overwhelmed."

Mr. Stevens's political career ended in 1986, when he resigned from the Mulroney cabinet over allegations that that he mixed private business with his public duties. More than a year later, a judicial inquiry found him in conflict on 14 occasions. In 2004, however, the Federal Court of Canada set aside the inquiry's finding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada needs to industrialize itself before calling for qualified immigrants [future Canadians]. We are putting the cart before thre horse. We are making the same mistakes as the Europeans.

EU

Quote from: "Romero"Nearly everyone from every nationality becomes a fine citizen. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does an excellent job and our immigration policies are respected worldwide. Immigrants who supposedly support some takeover of Canada are practically non-existent and I've never come across any. All the immigrants I've know have been good people.

what about BB and her occupy crowd of anarchists who advocate the overthrow of a democratically elected government

There are overwhelmingly white, so it's OK with Romero. ;)

There is that "white thang" from you and yes white are still the majority, what's your point, maybe other are too busy chasin the Yankee dollar, two jobs, no time for issues...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBPmGregkLm3vnLbIqUfGcaMS4fkEKgMX09VohyAlqdCz7_dFvRw"> black

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKOu6LPjYIgTQuEtLy6xq5YrHTW-SFBgavijs28aHI5x6v0R-18g"> black

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp1htlFSPzeyy5euxFxKMwtevjrYSIxO96mqiFuW6r9WlCSoMYCw"> latino

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsGY6_zsw7xFYkQYj03c3xNSLBTt-kOYxqFyR4MMrIN0fPslMa"> asian

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAaVAlOCQ20x_XhxqjzSbL6hR15-b8WzaU2rs2nI90CFPSU-t6hw"> white?

you're such a fckin liar Pansy....anti white crap from you never ceases to reveal your true character

GORDY GAMBINO

SHE MARRIED A FUCKEN MONKEY THATS WHY AND WISHES A WHITEY WOULD SHOW SOME INTEREST AND FUCK HER INSTEAD OF TREATING HER LIKE A FUCK MACHINE WISHY WASHY
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE