The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Beautiful Israel

Started by Gaon, January 03, 2019, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Unfortunately, Israel's very small population renders your statistics somewhat invalid.

Explore the meaning of "standard deviation" rather than averages (such as per capita).

What you fail to mention is that Israel is a religious based State...which rather takes the shine off things. It may call itself secular, but it is in every respect Jewish at heart.

Nonetheless, credit where it's due; it has achieved a lot in such a small space of time.

What statistics do you dispute?

Israel needs to abandon being a Jewish state and develop an Israeli identity. The haredim would never accept that.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

When your sample size is small, relative percentages increase.

The most accurate way to measure proportions is to use the standard deviation method.

"In statistics, the standard deviation (SD, also represented by the lower case Greek letter sigma σ or the Latin letter s) is a measure that is used to quantify the amount of variation or dispersion of a set of data values.[1] A low standard deviation indicates that the data points tend to be close to the mean (also called the expected value) of the set, while a high standard deviation indicates that the data points are spread out over a wider range of values. "

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Gaon"he Iron Dome

You've heard of an iron fist, well this is nothing like it. Israel is the only country in the world to have invented an anti-ballistic missile system that intercepts and destroys rockets headed for its civilian population.

Yet it was Patriot missiles that destroyed Saddam's Scuds...

And much of the Iron Dome technology has been based on that system.

(America loves using Israel as a test bed for some of it's defence initiatives).

Patriot missiles and Israel's iron dome have the same mission, but there are some key differences.

Instead of engaging every inbound missile, the Iron Dome system tracks each one and determines whether it will hit something that needs to be protected as opposed to an unpopulated area of low value. If the system determines that interception is needed, it then calculates the best place to perform this as the falling debris from the in-air destruction can itself be a hazard. Then an interceptor missile is programmed to be at a certain spot at a certain time and is launched from the optimal battery to accomplish this task. No doubt there is a significant amount of embedded electronics to allow the Iron Dome missile to be controlled and maintain the correct path but these systems are likely less powerful and costly than the Patriot versions.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"When your sample size is small, relative percentages increase.

The most accurate way to measure proportions is to use the standard deviation method.

"In statistics, the standard deviation (SD, also represented by the lower case Greek letter sigma σ or the Latin letter s) is a measure that is used to quantify the amount of variation or dispersion of a set of data values.[1] A low standard deviation indicates that the data points tend to be close to the mean (also called the expected value) of the set, while a high standard deviation indicates that the data points are spread out over a wider range of values. "

You mean Israel's high survival rate for cancer survivors.

I can tell you that health care delivery and health care advances in Israel are far ahead of Canada. Add to that a healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle and it would explain favorable outcomes.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

The problem is the manner in which you measure these outcomes is distorted with very small and very large sample sizes.

I have no doubt Israels medical service is one of the best, given the number of Jewish doctors. But as to being THE best...that's a claim very hard to substantiate with a population of 5 million vs 30 million.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"When your sample size is small, relative percentages increase.

You mean Israel's high survival rate for cancer survivors.

I can tell you that health care delivery and health care advances in Israel are far ahead of Canada. Add to that a healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle and it would explain favorable outcomes.

I don't doubt health care delivery and cancer treatments are superior to many countries and especially Canada.

Anonymous

Speaking of beautiful Israel, Bar Rafaeli is in a lot of trouble.

QuoteSupermodel Bar Refaeli Suspected of Tax Evasion, Faces Possible Indictment: Report

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/supermodel-bar-refaeli-suspected-of-tax-evasion-faces-possible-indictment-report/ar-BBRMlLN?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment ... ailsignout">https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/supermodel-bar-refaeli-suspected-of-tax-evasion-faces-possible-indictment-report/ar-BBRMlLN?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout

Anonymous

It's not Gaon's sample size. He found a bunch of pics and stats on the net. Good thread. :thumbup:

Blazor

Very informative Gaon, a lot of this I did not know!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Very informative Gaon, a lot of this I did not know!

Same with me.

I don't know about living in Israel. I heard they have sky high taxes. So does  Canada.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52684439_2090930404356126_6181630125713391616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=8h-8xKfNyLQAQniECWR_jGfco-C86JnYzFxt6TEEqA5PrrILnK2q55yOw&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.fna&oh=f5a224f6dc2074d52dc8afe152082630&oe=5EA398E9">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52684439_2090930404356126_6181630125713391616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=8h-8xKfNyLQAQniECWR_jGfco-C86JnYzFxt6TEEqA5PrrILnK2q55yOw&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.fna&oh=f5a224f6dc2074d52dc8afe152082630&oe=5EA398E9">

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Gaon

It was Yom Ha'atzmaut in Israel until sundown April 15. That is independence day.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=408451 time=1618538735 user_id=3170
It was Yom Ha'atzmaut in Israel until sundown April 15. That is independence day.

Happy belated INdependence Day to Israelis.

cc

Thanks for a great thread, Gaon
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell