News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

How conspiracy theorists distort information.

Started by Bricktop, January 13, 2019, 10:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Bricktop"And you've perfectly illustrated the dogmatic zeal described in the video I've posted. Including the phenomena that the more people reject your lunacy, the more convinced you are that you are correct. That, by another name, is "irrationality".

But allow me to put my money where my mouth is; please proceed to post all your scientific, empirical data as proof of a flat earth and allow me the opportunity to cross examine. Post the fruits of your P900's labour, and the details of your experiments (your qualifications as a scientific investigator would help).

I'm all ears.

truth is - i don't care.... flat earthers that do care are new to the idea.... see.... heres the situation.... just like with 'ball earth', theres a package deal that comes with flat earth.... like a Fruit Of The Month Club membership.... with the moon landing, you're open to 'ball earth' and evolution and dinosaurs and aliens and even the idea that were nothing but tiny specks in an infinite galaxy.... but with the flat earth, theres a more positive message.... flat earth opens you to the fact we have a loving and thoughtful creator. we're not evolved from monkeys. we're not random accidents and our choices have deeper meanings.... and eventually you get the overall message.... none of this matters. theres an 'after party' that few are invited to. this is simply 'the crowd outside the door'.... now.... i've told you about the situation.... look into it or don't.... its been brought to your attention. the decision is yours to make.... no hard feelings either way. i know you're an intelligent fella. you're one of the most intelligent ppl i've ever posted with.... seriously.... and i'm sure your reasoning is sound.... but if you can't see a problem, i can't help you see a problem.... just let me assure you - there is a problem....

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Oh my gioodness, she was the anointed president.

Yup, and I laughed so hard when I saw all the faces of those that were thinking she would win and she didnt  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

deadskinmask

Odinson

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
">
.... :laugh:

Prime liberal stock..

Educated people tend to vote for the conservatives.

The interviewer should ask Jabba the Hutts level of education and the current employment..

Bricktop

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "Bricktop"And you've perfectly illustrated the dogmatic zeal described in the video I've posted. Including the phenomena that the more people reject your lunacy, the more convinced you are that you are correct. That, by another name, is "irrationality".

But allow me to put my money where my mouth is; please proceed to post all your scientific, empirical data as proof of a flat earth and allow me the opportunity to cross examine. Post the fruits of your P900's labour, and the details of your experiments (your qualifications as a scientific investigator would help).

I'm all ears.

truth is - i don't care.... flat earthers that do care are new to the idea.... see.... heres the situation.... just like with 'ball earth', theres a package deal that comes with flat earth.... like a Fruit Of The Month Club membership.... with the moon landing, you're open to 'ball earth' and evolution and dinosaurs and aliens and even the idea that were nothing but tiny specks in an infinite galaxy.... but with the flat earth, theres a more positive message.... flat earth opens you to the fact we have a loving and thoughtful creator. we're not evolved from monkeys. we're not random accidents and our choices have deeper meanings.... and eventually you get the overall message.... none of this matters. theres an 'after party' that few are invited to. this is simply 'the crowd outside the door'.... now.... i've told you about the situation.... look into it or don't.... its been brought to your attention. the decision is yours to make.... no hard feelings either way. i know you're an intelligent fella. you're one of the most intelligent ppl i've ever posted with.... seriously.... and i'm sure your reasoning is sound.... but if you can't see a problem, i can't help you see a problem.... just let me assure you - there is a problem....

Thank you for the compliment. Nonetheless, the fact that my mind may or may not be open should not deter you from making your case. You are emphatically declaring that I am wrong. I think you at least owe me some evidence that shows how wrong I am.

But...taking into account your reluctance...and with full disclosure that I am no cosmologist, physicist, astronomer or amateur adept, allow me to pose a question or two;

If you believe the earth is round, it means that we all live on a single plane...unless you propose half lives on the top and half lives on the 'B' side, so to speak. It's irrelevant. It follows that, if the earth spins on a single plane, people living at the hub, or central axis, are travelling through the earth's rotation at very slow speed...with ALMOST zero at the actual centre. The people at the rim, however, are travelling at "Multiplying the value in rad/s by Earth's equatorial radius of 6,378,137 m (WGS84 ellipsoid) (factors of 2π radians needed by both cancel) yields an equatorial speed of 465.1 m/s (1,526 ft/s), or 1,674.4 km/h (1,040.4 mph)"

Applying Einsteins theory of relativity, time will there pass much slower at the rim than the centre (Einstein proved that the closer you travel to the speed of light, the slower time passes).

Thus, the ACTUAL Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) MUST be different for people living on the rim than the centre, by a significant margin. On the other hand, the world being roughly round means the UTC is standard for the whole planet...which it is.

How can you explain this?

Bricktop

Secondly...if our planet is flat, it follows that all other planets are flat...the law of physics is absolute throughout the universe.

If they too are flat, it therefore follows that for us to observe them, they must present to observers on earth in EXACT alignment of axis to axis...otherwise we'd see them narrow discs. Thus EVERY known body in the universe is not only flat, but in PRECISE alignment with the axis of our own planet. What law of physics can explain such a phenomenon? Or put another way, why is the Earth the centre of the known universe to the extent that EVERY sun, planet and moon faces DIRECTLY towards the Earth?

Odinson

Biggest argument these conspiracy theorists have are the Van Allen belts..

You can punch through them with minimum radiation effects.

But now they wanna build a spacecraft that can withstand prolonged exposure...

And in that context they say the technology does not exist.

Bricktop

They don't go through the middle of them. They travel through their narrowest sectors, minimising potential radiation affects.

For some reason, the moon landing deniers cannot grasp the simplest premise of the Van Allen belts. They are not spherical, thus completing shrouding the Earth in a constant layer, but circular, widening at their farthest reaches. But deniers don't only deny the moon landing. They deny the physics of the Van Allen belt.

">

deadskinmask

well.... heres my theory.... and while i believe it wholeheartedly, i accept that it is just a theory.... but i full-on believe it is exactly as the bible says.... we are flat, stationary, not spinning and the center of everything.... i believe we are on pillars and surrounded by firmament.... the sun and moon are both smaller and closer than 'science' dictates. i believe them to be approximately the same size.... the things i see with my P900 are just simple things.... like an alarming lack of curvature.... and stars.... the stars, regardless of which ones i look at, all appear to have the same appearances.... they all appear as 'lights in a swimming pool' would.... in fact, every time stars and such are shown, thats how they look.... the only time you see a 'fleshed out' picture of a star or a planet, is when nasa releases another 'artistic depiction'.... same as all your wonderful globe pics.... as far as 'leaving low earth orbit', its never gonna happen. the only thing you're gonna see are 'pictures from mars (aka canada)'.... i highly doubt they ever attempt another 'feature presentation' like the 'moon landing' hoax.... thats my thoughts on it.... comfort yourselves with whatever you need to. believe whatever you choose.... be on a ball, if you choose. be a descendent of monkeys, if you choose.... hell.... pick yourselves a brand new gender, if you so desire.... its a strange little world some of you cats roam around in.... good luck with it....

Blurt

What we have here is an acute case of non-overlapping magisteria.

Rational folks discount supernatural explanations.

Religious folks discount natural explanations.

End of story.

What's on TV?
Aimin\' to misbehave.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Blurt"Rational folks discount supernatural explanations.

rational??? lmmfao.... what the fuck do you consider 'rational'??? the big bang? that there was nothing and then all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, nothing exploded into everything.... and then dinosaurs happened because why not.... OR the moon landings? that nlggers walk around up there leaving footprints 2 inches deep but a jet fuckin engine doesn't move a single speck of dust... much less form a blast crater??? that they went there and broadcasted all the way back to earth with less technology than a fuckin cellphone but 50 goddamn years later and we can't go higher than 1000 miles??? rational??? coming from the fella who chops off his dick and claims to be female now??? yeah. that must be the very definition of 'rational'.... you motherfuckers are entertaining as hell.... scary as fuck.... BUT entertaining as hell.... :laugh:

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "deadskinmask"well.... heres my theory.... and while i believe it wholeheartedly, i accept that it is just a theory.... but i full-on believe it is exactly as the bible says.... we are flat, stationary, not spinning and the center of everything.... i believe we are on pillars and surrounded by firmament.... the sun and moon are both smaller and closer than 'science' dictates. i believe them to be approximately the same size.... the things i see with my P900 are just simple things.... like an alarming lack of curvature.... and stars.... the stars, regardless of which ones i look at, all appear to have the same appearances.... they all appear as 'lights in a swimming pool' would.... in fact, every time stars and such are shown, thats how they look.... the only time you see a 'fleshed out' picture of a star or a planet, is when nasa releases another 'artistic depiction'.... same as all your wonderful globe pics.... as far as 'leaving low earth orbit', its never gonna happen. the only thing you're gonna see are 'pictures from mars (aka canada)'.... i highly doubt they ever attempt another 'feature presentation' like the 'moon landing' hoax.... thats my thoughts on it.... comfort yourselves with whatever you need to. believe whatever you choose.... be on a ball, if you choose. be a descendent of monkeys, if you choose.... hell.... pick yourselves a brand new gender, if you so desire.... its a strange little world some of you cats roam around in.... good luck with it....

So, in order to support your belief, you intermingle stories from the bible with the images you see from a $500 Nikon camera? These data sources are somehow superior to several empirical studies undertaken by scientists from around the world...all, apparently, in collusion to maintain a myth that the planet is a disc.

God plus bad science is a pretty dubious compound upon which to build an argument about the universe we live in.

I agree with you that I live in a "strange little world".

But I would prefer that to living in a world that exists only in your mind.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Bricktop"So, in order to support your belief, you intermingle stories from the bible with the images you see from a $500 Nikon camera?

support? lol. no, partner.... my belief requires no support.... only faith.... perhaps you require 'support' in order to accept my belief and i'm afraid i cannot provide anything more than whats already available.... i'm a scientist in a broad sense though as i'm constantly testing my belief just for my own personal reassurance....

Quote from: "Bricktop"These data sources are somehow superior to several empirical studies undertaken by scientists from around the world...all, apparently, in collusion to maintain a myth that the planet is a disc.

you seem to forget several things.... one of them being that these ppl are constantly providing false information. another being that all these ppl gain substantial income based on the idea that 'you live on a ball'.... in my 'research' (i know that you don't consider my efforts to be a scientific endeavor so i used quote marks), i have gotten what i consider to be the reason the ppl are so adamant about you 'living on a ball' also.... its a brilliant plan.... these same ppl passed off 9/11 as a terrorist attack as well.... anyone who actually looks into the facts will see that it was not a terrorist attack and was indeed an attack orchestrated by our very own government.... so you overlook a plethora of reasons to NOT trust these ppl and instead give them all of your trust.... well, brother.... you have more faith than me.... its a damn shame that yours is being wasted....

Anonymous

I haven't examined info about the moon landing, but skins is bang on about false information.