News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Help...downloading music from google play...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 16, 2019, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Zetsu"I'd recommend iTunes if you want to buy songs close to 320kbps audio quality, they have a nice library and you can download it on your PC and should work on your android phone too iirc.

Thank you...now we're getting somewhere!  How can I go about doing this??  I put the iTunes app on my PC, but I'm not an apple user, I'm android....I have no apple devices....I couldnt get it to work and it messed up my PC a bit.  Not happy about it.   The music I'm looking for is old and I'm not gonna find it in stores...I guess I may have to order a CD online...lame.

You think at this day and age, there would be store online that sells music.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Well I've asked if there was anywhere I can go online to buy music.  Purchase as my own.  Download and keep as mine forever.

Berry Sweet

Digital music is what I'm looking for.  This is beyond stupid...

Berry Sweet

Berry Sweet

Well fuck this shit.  Eventually, I will figure something out.  I just ordered the fuckin CD and I'll wait for it to come.  Then just transfer it to digital on my PC like I normally do.

So much for trying to get with the times.

Frood

Someone may be willing to guide you through other options.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"Clearly it's not you.

:laugh3:

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Clearly it's not you.

:laugh3:

Those two guys seem to really like each other.
The Russian Rock It

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Zetsu"I'd recommend iTunes if you want to buy songs close to 320kbps audio quality, they have a nice library and you can download it on your PC and should work on your android phone too iirc.

Thank you...now we're getting somewhere!  How can I go about doing this??  I put the iTunes app on my PC, but I'm not an apple user, I'm android....I have no apple devices....I couldnt get it to work and it messed up my PC a bit.  Not happy about it.   The music I'm looking for is old and I'm not gonna find it in stores...I guess I may have to order a CD online...lame.

You think at this day and age, there would be store online that sells music.

If I recall correctly you'll just need to create an apple ID/account and enter your credit card information for future purchases.  Once you pay and download the song its' yours forever to keep.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"How about amazon mp3?? Anyone?? Beuller???

Lol I wouldn't recommend Amazon, their music library is kind of small compared to iTunes, so far I've joined them only b/c of prime membership but still couldn't find a single song I wanted to listen to.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"How about amazon mp3?? Anyone?? Beuller???

Lol I wouldn't recommend Amazon, their music library is kind of small compared to iTunes, so far I've joined them only b/c of prime membership but still couldn't find a single song I wanted to listen to.

That is true. Amazon has a limited selection.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No, I want to buy and album off google play...I am going to purchase it...where will the music go after I purchase it??

You don't actually own it. It's still DRM locked to Google and can't be played outside of Google Play. Also, after three downloads (when you upgrade devices as you go), your licence expires and you no longer own it at all and would have to pay again.

It's a dodgy set up.

The yearly subscription is different from buying. I use Google Play music for my music. The paid subscription lets you stream and download unlimited music. Buying an album from Google Play store is different. You buy it you own it on your Google account forever. They never expire.

You can only play the album on Google Play music on your laptop or smartphone etc. Even if you download the album after you buy it it'll just be on Google Play music. No mp3 files provided.

Maybe Berry will like this track. Makes me think of the past.

">
Time is malleable