News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

People appearing LIVE on social media feeds...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 20, 2019, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Berry, have you ever considered confronting your friends about your pet peeve? Can you ask them, "By the way, I'd like to know. Why do you ---?" I began to openly post on Facebook what annoys me about what people do on Facebook. It offended some people who were on my friends list which led them to unfriend me. Hey, I did not care. I knew who my true friends were. I have never regretted my exit from Facebook. I consider it a cesspool of low self-esteem people who need a place where they can seek validation. As for me, life will pass me by if I waste another second on that cesspool.

I did that a while ago.  I posted some things and made some comments  eventually my "friends" list started getting smaller.

I eventually cleaned everyone out.  My list is small just under 200 now  And there are still some on a restricted setting.  I keep a few of these idiots for entertainment purposes....they think they are Gods gift to the world and need to advertise it everyday.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughs at them.  We all need to keep a few of those around....a 40-s9mething who thinks they are still 16 yrs old..so stupid they're worth laughing at.

I dont care about anyone on fb.  I do however like my private groups and friends I've made online, but majority of them are from Europe, UK, or south America.

I like the groups too. My wife and I use fv to stay in touch with friends and family in Israel and Russia.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Social media platforms like Facebook has affected how people communicate with each other. This year, I have started to call my family and friends to speak to them directly or Skype or FaceTime instead of texting or emailing.

Exactly what Im talking about when I say its destroying our socializing. No one calls hardly anymore, they text, and even rarer is visiting folks. I try and make an effort with good friends and good family.

I dont even bother anymore.  I httave family members I grew up with, who now also got it going on in the head, they think they are the next best thing (just like so many other people) everytime I try talk to them I always get the "I'm really busy right now" attitude...I even saw some a year ago in a mini reunion and it was the same attitude.  I just ignore them all now.  Every once in a while I get a random text from them and dont bother responding but I'm tempted to text back, "I'm really busy right now"...I dont care to interact with such filth, esp since they're family and act like that.

I have a small circle of real friends.  Not very many.  Mostly we text thru the week to make sure were all ok and try to get together every so often.  The weather sucks right now tho...as many of these people live atleast 1 hour away.

Gaon

My brother and his wife in Israel are talking about coming to see us in Vancouver this summer. I hope they do. I like visiting.and receiving visitors.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Berry, have you ever considered confronting your friends about your pet peeve? Can you ask them, "By the way, I'd like to know. Why do you ---?" I began to openly post on Facebook what annoys me about what people do on Facebook. It offended some people who were on my friends list which led them to unfriend me. Hey, I did not care. I knew who my true friends were. I have never regretted my exit from Facebook. I consider it a cesspool of low self-esteem people who need a place where they can seek validation. As for me, life will pass me by if I waste another second on that cesspool.

I did that a while ago.  I posted some things and made some comments  eventually my "friends" list started getting smaller.

I eventually cleaned everyone out.  My list is small just under 200 now  And there are still some on a restricted setting.  I keep a few of these idiots for entertainment purposes....they think they are Gods gift to the world and need to advertise it everyday.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughs at them.  We all need to keep a few of those around....a 40-s9mething who thinks they are still 16 yrs old..so stupid they're worth laughing at.

I dont care about anyone on fb.  I do however like my private groups and friends I've made online, but majority of them are from Europe, UK, or south America.

I like the groups too. My wife and I use fv to stay in touch with friends and family in Israel and Russia.

Yeah it's a good tool for keeping in touch with people away....I like it for one cousin on the east coast,  shes interesting...and a few family members in Greece....also some new family members I found that live in south America.  I like seeing their children, activities and home renovations.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Gaon"My brother and his wife in Israel are talking about coming to see us in Vancouver this summer. I hope they do. I like visiting.and receiving visitors.

That's awesome that you get along.  I hope he comes to see you.  I like visitors too but its seldom.

I've has a hard last 10 years of my life.  There were people who gave me a hard time a some who destroyed me...I eventually got sick of everyone and everything...so I move last september, dropped about 90% of everyone I knew...yeah yeah, I'm a total "bitch" now...but who cares?  Those people sure didnt care.  I got myself on a good routine, new life priorities...I recently quit smoking and omitted the booze entirely...its been 30 days since I had a drink or a smoke and I'm loving it!!

I'm slowly fixing up my new place and decorating, getting ready for spring and summer, and slowly making new friends to celebrate with in the summer...all new people now (and in the future) will not drink...I dont like drunks.

I have this one friend who doesnt live far from me...she still thinks I'm her best friend....but I'm not...over the last year she really got it in her head she thinks shes better than everyone in the world...I hate that attitude...she needs to slow down....she still drinks and parties (but now only with her bf, cause no one else will go over there  what a life.. ) she has bursitis in her hip so she has taken a month off work (it's really bad) but I see her around town doing this and that and really taking advantage of her time off...my kid came home last week and said she saw her ha ing a drink on her step and trying to impress the kids by doing kart wheels...this is a woman in her 40s...I'm not impressed with her behaviour.  This is something to take seriously, like rest and let that inflammation go away so you can function and go back to work...not drinking, doing kart wheels and walking everywhere.  She'll be crippled by the time shes 50.   She even came to me and was showing me this new make up she bought for herself and the "amazing" coverage of offered but then started pointing out and showing me these red spots on her face...said she couldnt get rid of them and more and more keep popping up.....its stuff like this that pisses me off....I told her it's because of alcohol and to stop drinking...she seemed to be a bit offended but its the truth, the shit destroys your skin! Then I went on to tell her about purple nose on alkys....and she kinda sat there and looked off into space....I cant do this alcohol thing anymore....I just cant....but now I'm just babbling...I'm going to need a meditation session this evening with some of my Crystal's and perhaps some essential oils.....keeps me happy and the negative away...it works I tell ya!!!

"I'm gonna build a wall around my place...a crystal wall...its gonna be great!" Lmao

Anonymous

That's more friends than I have. I'm not a social butterfly.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"

200 is small but I prefer not to go over 200.  O use to socialize a lot.  Bit then one day I realized it was with all the wrong people.  Sometimes you just gotta drop everyone and take time for yourself.  

Not everyone is worth your time or deserves your friendship or respect.  <<< I'm implementing this big time with the kid.  This sole focus in my life right now and for my child.

I cant explain how drastically the world has changed in 5 years, especially peoples behaviour! It's like some kind of deadly virus crawled out from under a rock and infected majority of the population.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

200 is small but I prefer not to go over 200.  O use to socialize a lot.  Bit then one day I realized it was with all the wrong people.  Sometimes you just gotta drop everyone and take time for yourself.  

Not everyone is worth your time or deserves your friendship or respect.  <<< I'm implementing this big time with the kid.  This sole focus in my life right now and for my child.

I cant explain how drastically the world has changed in 5 years, especially peoples behaviour! It's like some kind of deadly virus crawled out from under a rock and infected majority of the population.

That number may be small by most die-hard FBer's standards, but I was never one of those. Linkedin is the only English language social media I use now.

Frood

I don't use any of them. Family and friends would tease me that I wouldn't but now they're telling me I was so far ahead of the game and they wished they copied me because they hate it and put out too much info about themselves.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Bullshit.

You don't use them because there are a lot of people out there who have a bone to pick with you.

But you hide yourself like a coward.

Frood

:001_rolleyes: It must be cramped in that small head of yours with all your conspiracy theories.
Blahhhhhh...