News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Canadian is pulled for a breath test!!!!

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2019, 02:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Oh, the humanity...

">

We've had random breath testing here in Australia for decades.

Man up, snowflakes.

Berry Sweet

I dont have a problem with it ...but picking on random seniors? Really?  Cant find a 20-30 yr old to pick on?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont have a problem with it ...but picking on random seniors? Really?  Cant find a 20-30 yr old to pick on?

It doesn't bother me, but some people feel their civil liberties are being trampled.

Odinson

We have that random alcometer test stuff..

But its not exactly random... The cops set up a road-block and do it to every driver that tries to pass the checkpoint.

The road-blocks are random.

They need a reason for stopping you specifically.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We have that random alcometer test stuff..

But its not exactly random... The cops set up a road-block and do it to every driver that tries to pass the checkpoint.

We've always had that, especially around certain holidays.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"We have that random alcometer test stuff..

We've always had that, especially around certain holidays.

But its changed now somehow?

Anonymous

Emperor True Dope turning this country into a police state.

QuoteTaking back bottles to the Beer Store? A Mississauga man discovered this past weekend that it can lead to a breath test for alcohol by police.

"He said, 'I saw you at the Beer Store and to me you were taking back, what looked like in my opinion, an excessive amount of bottles,'" said Art, a 70-year-old Streetsville resident. He asked Global News not to use his surname.

At around Noon on Saturday, Art went to his local Ontario Beer Store and returned about three dozen beer bottles and 10 wine bottles, which his family had accumulated over the holiday season.

Minutes later, Art said he was pulled over in a traffic stop by a police officer who asked if he'd been drinking. He said he had not.

During the discussion, Art said the officer demanded a roadside breath sample. He asked what would happen if he did not provide it. The officer told him he would face arrest, a criminal charge, and a licence suspension.

Art agreed to provide the breath sample, passed the test, and was on his way.

"I felt like I was violated in a way. They shouldn't have that right to pull a person over unless there is a good sign the person is doing something wrong," said Art, who was not using a cellphone, hadn't been speeding or violating any traffic rules.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impa ... ts-police/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/

Bricktop

One old dude gets tested, and its an imposition of human rights.

Later that day a drunk driver ploughs into a group of schoolkids on an excursion and the community screams that the cops are doing nothing to keep these murderers off the road.

You can't have it both ways, kiddies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"One old dude gets tested, and its an imposition of human rights.

Later that day a drunk driver ploughs into a group of schoolkids on an excursion and the community screams that the cops are doing nothing to keep these murderers off the road.

My husband has collected bottles and cans he's found while we were camping. He could be stopped for driving to a recycling centre??

ac_wot

Bricktop

In Australia you can be stopped for a breath test for driving a green car.

I suspect police department policy tempers that to a degree, but you can be randomly stopped and tested with no preceding cause.

Just consider it a civic duty that discourages drink driving.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Emperor True Dope turning this country into a police state.

QuoteTaking back bottles to the Beer Store? A Mississauga man discovered this past weekend that it can lead to a breath test for alcohol by police.

"He said, 'I saw you at the Beer Store and to me you were taking back, what looked like in my opinion, an excessive amount of bottles,'" said Art, a 70-year-old Streetsville resident. He asked Global News not to use his surname.

At around Noon on Saturday, Art went to his local Ontario Beer Store and returned about three dozen beer bottles and 10 wine bottles, which his family had accumulated over the holiday season.

Minutes later, Art said he was pulled over in a traffic stop by a police officer who asked if he'd been drinking. He said he had not.

During the discussion, Art said the officer demanded a roadside breath sample. He asked what would happen if he did not provide it. The officer told him he would face arrest, a criminal charge, and a licence suspension.

Art agreed to provide the breath sample, passed the test, and was on his way.

"I felt like I was violated in a way. They shouldn't have that right to pull a person over unless there is a good sign the person is doing something wrong," said Art, who was not using a cellphone, hadn't been speeding or violating any traffic rules.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impa ... ts-police/">https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/

Yet another slippery slope thanks to Trudeau.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"One old dude gets tested, and its an imposition of human rights.

I agree. Israel has random sobriety tests for drivers. If you are sober, you have nothing to worry about.
The Russian Rock It

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Fcking scumbag moron cops.

Lol quit whining you crybaby.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

The alcotest takes 30 seconds.

If you're stopped, just blow in the tube. If they stop another car behind you, and the driver is asked to step out of the vehicle, breathe a sigh of relief that you are that little bit safer as you drive the kids to school.