Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Aboriginies First Sights White-man

Started by caskur, January 22, 2019, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Bricktop"If no-one had colonised Australia, they would STILL be walking around naked, eating snakes and lizards, barely living past 40 and with no tools, building or agricultural capacity.

But they would've been happier, maybe?

This idea that only technology and European-style civilization can make people happy is a very, well, European idea.

Of course they would be happier.

But Darwin's law doesn't mention happiness anywhere. Aborigines are a race that time simply ignored.

I'm all for giving them their own land free of white control, culture and laws.

The thing is, I am skeptical that this would return them to a state of bliss. They are more likely to become extinct.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"If no-one had colonised Australia, they would STILL be walking around naked, eating snakes and lizards, barely living past 40 and with no tools, building or agricultural capacity.

But they would've been happier, maybe?

This idea that only technology and European-style civilization can make people happy is a very, well, European idea.

Nice.. If we were all like aboes, we would still be living in caves.

A pig is happy in its pigsty.

Blurt

Yes, sure.

Except that tribal cultures, contrary to our "advanced" civilization, have certain things going for them that we have lost, and lost at our own peril.

They retain a strong affiliation to their community as a whole; we prize unbridled individualism.

Theirs is an organic spirituality; our religions are divorced from our surroundings.

They see their connection to their environment as a life-giving one; we see our connection to ours as a profit-making one.

They have no desire to spread, like a virus, outside their native land; we will not be happy until we've conquered the universe.

We could learn much, and possibly even stave off our own annihilation, by heeding tribal wisdom.

Our Eurocentric blinders will not let us see this, though.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "caskur"They had no metal... no clothes, no permanent dwellings... just dirt, flies, and shortened lives.

And since the white man's arrival, they have alcohol.

Because they demanded equality.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

They have no desire to spread, like a virus, outside their native land; we will not be happy until we've conquered the universe.

We could learn much, and possibly even stave off our own annihilation, by heeding tribal wisdom.

Spreading out away from Earth and through the universe is the only way to avoid annihilation and extinction.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "caskur"They had no metal... no clothes, no permanent dwellings... just dirt, flies, and shortened lives.

Do you blame whites for the Abo's problems or do you think they have not helped themselves?

They were sort after workers in the 1950s...

they regressed because white men from Europe stopped treating them equally are started treating them "especially" making allowences for very very bad behaviour. And still do.

The latest raped and murdered Israeli girl was the victim of a 20 year old aborigine.... now they're making excuses for him.

He should be flogged and hung by noon Sunday for his hideous crime.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

They were and are the most undeveloped, primitive and unambitiously lazy people on the planet.

But the arrival of whites took their lives and culture away from them to some degree. They could not, can not and never will adjust to white lifestyle. That's not a criticism, merely a statement of fact. We've poured BILLIONS into these people with no net gain in their quality of life, integration or financial level.

White people can do nothing. It's on them to change.

What would you do differently?

Use differently language in the media for starters... That WHOLE movie, RABBIT PROOF FENCE is fabricated and sold as a "true story".

Stolen generation should be called "rescued generation."

People demanded they become Australian citizens... so that means Australian law... not one law for them and another law for everyone else. No, no, no.

Not all aborigines behave badly. The rescued generation were taught how to manage a household. Some have pride but others use the "poor me, pity me" excuse to avoid work and use the system for handouts.

They used to kill babies. Half castes babies were killed. If twins were born, they'd kill one of the pair....

If they caught mumps, they'd stab themselves in the neck to let out the evil spirits. There are an array of weird things they used to do that have been largely forgotten by the latter generation. They only want stories of genocide, yadda yadda.

I do not agree with BT they're lazy though. They're full of beans actually but obviously the lady in the video is an elderly lady. BT maybe thinking about the older ones perhaps.

Sexual abuse is a huge issue for them.

I know of women who get all the kids to sleep in one room... the grandmas drag the mattresses across the floor to the doors and sleep on them. The men can't get at the children bc grandies are blocking the doors.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I saved this years ago. I think it needs airing...

Early History of Aboriginal Practices  - by John Kayes

After some initial clashes with our pioneering forefathers, it was in fact the young aborigines, male and female, who saw in the coming of civilisation a chance of freedom. It finally provided a means of avoiding the terror of the dreaded initiations and mutilations. This was why the tribal system just suddenly collapsed. The young people walked away en masse and got themselves jobs with the white men in any capacity they could. On the frontier they were needed, and the boys became exceptional stockman, fencers, teamsters, trackers and guides. The girls became exceptional stockwomen, maids and for some, the wives of lonely pioneering white men. Even today, aboriginal girls prefer to marry white men because of the traditional brutality exhibited by aboriginal men. Those dirty, racist Australians have the highest rate of black /white marriage in the world. Cathy Freeman's step father is a white man, and very proud of his full blood daughter. We all are. Cathy herself married a white man.

Interestingly, uninitiated aboriginal men living among whites proudly called themselves "clean skins" and contemptuously referred to initiated men as "whistlers".

I suppose this post is getting a little long, but since Repunzel thinks the best way to shut me up is to load me up, that was inevitable.

I would just like to take her slander that

Sorry to let reality intrude into your dream, Repunzel But according to Ion Idriess, who lived among the stone age aborigines in the Top End in the 1920's and 1930's, and who studied them, aboriginal culture was a little different from your dreamtime.

The fundamental basis of stone age aboriginal culture from Broome to Townsville, was the absolute power of the Old Men. It was a unique social system where everyone younger than them were their slaves. The younger men did all the hunting and gave the best cuts of meat to the Old Men. The women did all the gathering and all the other work. Each Old Man had a harem of around a dozen women and young girls. When an Old Man died, these women were inherited by the dead mans totemic brothers who shared the women around. Old women were simply killed off or rented out to the younger men for sexual purposes.

This system was enforced through a series of degrading and painful initiation ceremonies, the purpose of which was to terrorise the younger men and all the women into unquestioning obedience.

Every now and again, a corroboree would be held where all the tribes in the area would gather. All boys around nine years of age would be initiated as apprentice hunters in this ceremony. This involved the old men holding the boy down and knocking out a tooth. From that day forward, the boy could not talk to any female again, even his own mother and sisters. He made his camp with the older boys who began his instruction as an apprentice hunter.

At around 15 years of age, the boys were initiated in another corroboree, where they were circumcised with a sharp rock. (Ouch, that would bring tears to your eyes, wouldn't it Jaxxen?) Those that did not die of septicaemia then became full hunters. It was also stressed, that if any boy ran off with a girl, both would be tracked down and killed. The only way a young man could obtain a lubra, was to steal one from an enemy tribe. This was in fact quite a popular pastime for young aboriginal men, if a very unpleasant and painful one if he was caught.

But the worse was yet to come. In his mid 30's another corroboree was held where the men were initiated as "men". This involved holding the poor unfortunate down while a "V" notch was cut into the penis, just above the head, to open a second urinal pathway. What this meant was that those aboriginal "men" who did not die of urinary tract infection, could not stand and urinate. They had to squat like women.

There was one other aspect of the initiations. Idriess was invited to many of these events and watched them with other white men as invited guests. But at some point the white men were always told to leave. The implication that Idriess gave was that the boys or men were then forced to have homosexual sex with the Old Men. This was indirectly attested to, as "Caskur" has mentioned, by non other than the irreproachable Fred Hollows, who in a TV interview I saw told the media that if "certain practices" did not cease among aborigines, "in a hundred years time there will be no aborigines"

For the women it was different. Girls usually had the little finger of the right hand amputated (usually by the mother biting the finger off soon after birth). This was believed to make it easier for the females to dig for yams.

When a girl reached puberty, she was handed over to the Old Men, who inserted a fertility object into her virgina. After that she was given to an Old man as a wife. After this was done, a ceremony would be held where the naked girl lay on the ground, legs asunder while her father drove a spear into the ground between her legs. (This is also confirmed by the book "Sociology" third edition, Tim Robertson, Worth Publishers) The father would declare to the assembled tribe, that all female children born of this girl would be given as wife to a selected man, who may already be in his thirties, forties, fifties or sixties.

Female aborigines were treated with great brutality by their Old Men husbands, a common practice being eye plucking with a sharp stick. This is still a favourite punishment today by aboriginal men on their women in remote communities. Idriess himself witnessed an Old Man bash in a girls head in and kill her who had not been fanning him hard enough. Governor Phillip himself intervened to stop Bennelong from bashing a young girl to death, a fact recounted in Lt. Watkins Tench's book which recounted what he saw when he came to Australia with the First Fleet.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Continued from above... Rest of the post of Kayes.

There are a few other little details which blow down the Potemkin Village of Repunzels utopian vision. Aboriginees believed that if twins were born, the second twin was not human but was in fact a spirit. The second born twin was always killed at birth. Naturally, those disgusting white people who wanted to commit genocide on the aboriginal race put a stop to that. People responsible for overseeing the welfare of aboriginal people always took the second twin into care. Or, if Repunzel prefers, they stole them.

The other, was that aboriginal population densities may have been very low because of one particular custom of the aboriginal people. If a male died, even an Old Man, someone was responsible. People did not just die, someone had "sung" them to death. It was the duty of the tribes witchdoctor to figure out who the culprit was, and that person was then killed.

Cannibalism was not widespread in aboriginal cultures, most cannibalism was practiced as respect for the dead or to ward off magic. Sometimes, respected tribal members who had died had internal organs removed and eaten as a mark of respect. Some tribes (eg on Yam Island) had initiation ceremonies where small amounts of human flesh were consumed, but the practice of blood drinking had much wider popularity in initiation ceremonies. However, in "hard summers", the Kaura tribe near Adelaide would ritualistically kill their new born babies and eat them. The ritual involved striking the head of the baby against the shoulder of the babies brother or sister.

Well, that's enough, Repunzel gets the picture. I am so sorry to shatter your illusions. I also take issue with your statement on assimilation

____

And reading that again, he said Cathy Freeman was a fullbood. She isn't. She had a great grandfather that escaped the poverty in the UK and was granted farmland in Australia...
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

They were and are the most undeveloped, primitive and unambitiously lazy people on the planet.

But the arrival of whites took their lives and culture away from them to some degree. They could not, can not and never will adjust to white lifestyle. That's not a criticism, merely a statement of fact. We've poured BILLIONS into these people with no net gain in their quality of life, integration or financial level.

White people can do nothing. It's on them to change.

What would you do differently?

Use differently language in the media for starters... That WHOLE movie, RABBIT PROOF FENCE is fabricated and sold as a "true story".

Stolen generation should be called "rescued generation."

People demanded they become Australian citizens... so that means Australian law... not one law for them and another law for everyone else. No, no, no.

Not all aborigines behave badly. The rescued generation were taught how to manage a household. Some have pride but others use the "poor me, pity me" excuse to avoid work and use the system for handouts.

They used to kill babies. Half castes babies were killed. If twins were born, they'd kill one of the pair....

If they caught mumps, they'd stab themselves in the neck to let out the evil spirits. There are an array of weird things they used to do that have been largely forgotten by the latter generation. They only want stories of genocide, yadda yadda.

I do not agree with BT they're lazy though. They're full of beans actually but obviously the lady in the video is an elderly lady. BT maybe thinking about the older ones perhaps.

Sexual abuse is a huge issue for them.

I know of women who get all the kids to sleep in one room... the grandmas drag the mattresses across the floor to the doors and sleep on them. The men can't get at the children bc grandies are blocking the doors.

Sexual abuse is a problem In Canada's Aboriginal community too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Continued from above... Rest of the post of Kayes.

There are a few other little details which blow down the Potemkin Village of Repunzels utopian vision. Aboriginees believed that if twins were born, the second twin was not human but was in fact a spirit. The second born twin was always killed at birth. Naturally, those disgusting white people who wanted to commit genocide on the aboriginal race put a stop to that. People responsible for overseeing the welfare of aboriginal people always took the second twin into care. Or, if Repunzel prefers, they stole them.

The other, was that aboriginal population densities may have been very low because of one particular custom of the aboriginal people. If a male died, even an Old Man, someone was responsible. People did not just die, someone had "sung" them to death. It was the duty of the tribes witchdoctor to figure out who the culprit was, and that person was then killed.

Cannibalism was not widespread in aboriginal cultures, most cannibalism was practiced as respect for the dead or to ward off magic. Sometimes, respected tribal members who had died had internal organs removed and eaten as a mark of respect. Some tribes (eg on Yam Island) had initiation ceremonies where small amounts of human flesh were consumed, but the practice of blood drinking had much wider popularity in initiation ceremonies. However, in "hard summers", the Kaura tribe near Adelaide would ritualistically kill their new born babies and eat them. The ritual involved striking the head of the baby against the shoulder of the babies brother or sister.

Well, that's enough, Repunzel gets the picture. I am so sorry to shatter your illusions. I also take issue with your statement on assimilation

____

And reading that again, he said Cathy Freeman was a fullbood. She isn't. She had a great grandfather that escaped the poverty in the UK and was granted farmland in Australia...

It looks like a good article caskur..

I'll read it later today.

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"Yes, sure.

Except that tribal cultures, contrary to our "advanced" civilization, have certain things going for them that we have lost, and lost at our own peril.

They retain a strong affiliation to their community as a whole; we prize unbridled individualism.

Theirs is an organic spirituality; our religions are divorced from our surroundings.

They see their connection to their environment as a life-giving one; we see our connection to ours as a profit-making one.

You are a moron... You need to realize that the environment isn't healthy for starters. It's full of parasites that shorten lives by decades... False religion is not spirituality, it's ignorance.

You better get a modicum of knowledge of what you're talking about. No doubt all your knowledge of native anything comes from TV and/or movies.
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

^uh oh shots fired :laugh:

Quote from: "Bricktop"Were I emperor of Australia, I would offer the aboriginal nation a portion of the massive land we live on for them to live in as a sovereign nation under Australian protection (as we did with New Guinea). The aborigines would be free to live their lives in their traditional ways without interference. Whilst there are tribal lands in place that are controlled by tribal elders, these are still subordinate to white laws and customs.

There is nothing we can do to help them become "white", nor should we. We need to accept that they are their own race, caught up in a civilisation that passed them by and leave them to live as they want to. Let them be the masters of their own destiny...whatever that may be.
Sounds perfectly reasonable .  If a couple can't get along, most would tell them to separate.  If aborigines or anyone else think they are getting a raw deal from whites then why not separate and do their own thing?

I wish that the blacks in south Africa would let South African whites do this, having a homeland carved out or fleeing is probably their only chance to survive.

Odinson

You have a romanticized view of the tribal culture..

The rest of the lefties and the natives share your image of peaceloving treehugging hippies.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"

You have a romanticized view of the tribal culture..

The rest of the lefties and the natives share your image of peaceloving treehugging hippies.
Most indigenous have been romanticized as "noble savages" but the truth and the evidence is that they were just as nasty, warring and conquering as any other groups of humans.  They just didn't have boats and other technology that allowed them to take that conquering mindest overseas like many Europeans did.

As far as succeeding in white countries--IMO They should either carve out an area, make their own country and sink or swim like Brick said.  Or do what many ethnic groups did and assimilate into the larger culture.