Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm going to read 1984 by George Orwell this year.

I'd like to read that one as well, I did not get it for Christmas, in fact, I only got one book for Christmas off my list, but I've already read it lol, IT. I read it 25 years ago, so it might be better this round. Im actually itching to read some Tolkien again lol. Maybe some Clive Barker.

There's always the library Blazor.

Oh I know, but they've been..... touched by other people, and those people eat Doritos and fried chicken while flipping the pages  :laugh:

Only joking lol, the idea did cross my mind, but 1984 is one I feel I may want to own.

I'll let you know if it's worth owning after I read it.

Not if I beat you to it first!  ac_razz

:laugh:

I will save you the suspense, it is. Israel has many cheap or free second hand book options. It was one of the first English language books I've ever read.

Right on! I will have to pick it up for sure then!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm going to read 1984 by George Orwell this year.

I'd like to read that one as well, I did not get it for Christmas, in fact, I only got one book for Christmas off my list, but I've already read it lol, IT. I read it 25 years ago, so it might be better this round. Im actually itching to read some Tolkien again lol. Maybe some Clive Barker.

There's always the library Blazor.

Oh I know, but they've been..... touched by other people, and those people eat Doritos and fried chicken while flipping the pages  :laugh:

Only joking lol, the idea did cross my mind, but 1984 is one I feel I may want to own.

I'll let you know if it's worth owning after I read it.

Not if I beat you to it first!  ac_razz

:laugh:

I will save you the suspense, it is. Israel has many cheap or free second hand book options. It was one of the first English language books I've ever read.

Right on! I will have to pick it up for sure then!

Me too.

ac_smile

Bricktop

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Joe, remove the first and last two words of your thread title.

And yet, you often fail to provide substantive arguments in this forum BT, for someone supposedly well read and claiming to be educated.

For example I challenged your assertion that feminists did not play a role in the birth control pill.

And when I provided evidence of my refutation, you were unable to counter it.

So I scored a point in that forum debate.

Me thinks you are a rather swell headed fella, BT.

Too big for his britches, bitchez!

Behind that boastful facade & grandiloquent prose, Yer not as well read as ya think...BT!

Here you go again, Joe. Making statements you cannot back up. Where have I claimed to be "well read"?

And if you were remotely capable of comprehending the written word, somewhere along this journey in the forum you will have observed my statement that I was FAR from educated...and that I left high school at 15.

However, you're right. I failed to counter your argument...because of two reasons. Firstly, I have no interest in the matter, and it disturbs me a little that YOU do, and secondly, I am rarely motivated enough to feel the need to debate with you on any point.

In the meantime, seeing as how you're feeling frisky and combative, there is a thread in RR with your name on it, in which you are being called out for yet again attributing a characteristic to me that requires some form of factual verification.

feral

Dont let anything dull your sparkle.

- Doreen Virtue.

" How to break free of negativity and drama "

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Joe, remove the first and last two words of your thread title.

And yet, you often fail to provide substantive arguments in this forum BT, for someone supposedly well read and claiming to be educated.

For example I challenged your assertion that feminists did not play a role in the birth control pill.

And when I provided evidence of my refutation, you were unable to counter it.

So I scored a point in that forum debate.

Me thinks you are a rather swell headed fella, BT.

Too big for his britches, bitchez!

Behind that boastful facade & grandiloquent prose, Yer not as well read as ya think...BT!

Here you go again, Joe. Making statements you cannot back up. Where have I claimed to be "well read"?

And if you were remotely capable of comprehending the written word, somewhere along this journey in the forum you will have observed my statement that I was FAR from educated...and that I left high school at 15.

However, you're right. I failed to counter your argument...because of two reasons. Firstly, I have no interest in the matter, and it disturbs me a little that YOU do, and secondly, I am rarely motivated enough to feel the need to debate with you on any point.

In the meantime, seeing as how you're feeling frisky and combative, there is a thread in RR with your name on it, in which you are being called out for yet again attributing a characteristic to me that requires some form of factual verification.

I know it's off topic,  but you have done very well without a post secondary education.....Herman too.

Bricktop