Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Confederate Flag

Started by JOE, January 30, 2019, 11:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"Did the slaves actually quit working for the masters after slavery was abolished?

I dont think they just left the plantation and went running into the woods yelling "Meessa free!"

I bet most of them kept living like they always have... Still working for the same massa..

The way I understand it, the "freed" slaves that went North, were met with more hostility than they did in the South. So they either kept going towards Canada, or went back down South, realizing they were treated better down South. A lot of Southern slaves were actually treated fairly well.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"
">

:thumbup:

Goes to show, we were'nt about to bend over and be "forced" back into the corruptness. We made a stand against the aggressors. The South will rise again!

Blazor

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
As you know, Im in Virginia, Roanoke to be precise lol. My family fought for the South. Hell even my grandfathers name is Robert Lee lol (cant give my last name though). I just wish they would teach the kids the truth in school  :sad:

How well do you know Washington, DC and Maryland?

Not that great. I went to DC on a field trip in high school but thats it. My brother trying to get me to take the Amtrak up there when he goes to DC this summer.

Are you sure ya wanna take Amtrak, Blazor?

Their safety record is far from spotless, y'know.

Heres an accident that occurred in your state:

">

Maybe I'll just drive lol. I've never taken a train. We only recently got the Amtrak here in town a year or two ago.

@realAzhyaAryola

I agree. Some slaves were treated by their white slave owners as part of the family and they had no contempt for one another. It was a way of life for the owners to have help and for the help to receive income. They did not know any other skill at the time. It is the same with our relationship with our helpers too in the Philippines. Our nanny, cook, housekeeper, laundry woman become part of the family that some of them actually stay with the family for a lifetime. We did not keep them shackled to a post in our house. They were free to find other opportunities but this is what they chose to do.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Not that great. I went to DC on a field trip in high school but thats it. My brother trying to get me to take the Amtrak up there when he goes to DC this summer.

My refuge back there is in the vicinity of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

My refuge back there is in the vicinity of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Right on, my DC knowledge is mostly limited to playing Fallout 3  :laugh:

Odinson

I´ve always liked causes that are us against the entire world.

Thats what the rebel flag represents here.. A rebellion... Double or nothing... Going out with a bang..

Being the last of your kind has a certain shine to it. ac_biggrin

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"I´ve always liked causes that are us against the entire world.

Thats what the rebel flag represents here.. A rebellion... Double or nothing... Going out with a bang..

Being the last of your kind has a certain shine to it. ac_biggrin

Thanks man  ac_drinks

Odinson

Slaves cost 40k a piece..

As much you would like to torture them and hunt them like deer... You cant.. Too expensive..

http://content.invisioncic.com/p273960/monthly_2017_12/sparemepls.png.5589fac95046c4057925f5ef006ad12e.png">