Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Disappearing Trees

Started by caskur, February 04, 2019, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Yeah. I'd hear that all the time when I was a cop.

"It's for the planet, man...".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yeah. I'd hear that all the time when I was a cop.

"It's for the planet, man...".

That was my excuse.

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Odinson"As a kid, I used to plant saplings(?) in the cleared zones..

It paid about 50euros per day.. Of course we had finnish marks back then.

All the kids were doing it and they are doing it now.

My husbands's extended family back in Austria own a forest. They were never allowed to cut it down...

I own some forest...

What I do is thinning it so that the pine-trees have more room to grow..

I don't know what they do... there is a language barrier... We speak English and Kurt's remaining uncle speaks German... all the young ones speak English though... Kurt went over there in the 70s when he was 21... he hasn't gone back. My mother-inlaw has visited 3 or 4 times.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"As a kid, I used to plant saplings(?) in the cleared zones..

My husbands's extended family back in Austria own a forest. They were never allowed to cut it down...

I own some forest...

I don't know what they do... there is a language barrier... We speak English and Kurt's remaining uncle speaks German... all the young ones speak English though... Kurt went over there in the 70s when he was 21... he hasn't gone back. My mother-inlaw has visited 3 or 4 times.

My husband's family speaks Dutch..

I learned to speak some Dutch.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I own some forest...

I learned a little.

Was it difficult? And what about your children? Do they speak 3 languages?

Kurt's father wouldn't teach his two sons German. He spoke with his buddies in German and didn't want Kurt or Eric to know what he was saying.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

In my experience, watching german/english TV-shows and movies really helps in learning the language..

caskur

Kurt's dad called him Big Ass and his younger brother, Little Ass.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Going on right this minute...and for the next 4 days..

Must view vid of Kings Park Perth Festival.

">

">
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"I know, Jock. I was in a satirical mood when I wrote that.

I like trees. I do. Even if some of them are funny-looking.

On a straight up note, I'm the only one at work trying to make sure that both the plants in our public areas and the trees and shrubbery on our grounds are well tended to and well fed. I'm also trying to encourage our clients to participate in caring for the greenery.

It's a losing battle. They can't even properly care for themselves. I try to highlight the link between gardening (or caring for other forms of life, whether plant or animal) and self-care but it's a struggle to make them see that when their main concern is where their next fix will come from.

::sigh::

Give them a quadruple fix then and the problem will be solved. They can donate their bodies to fertize a tree... no loss.
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Yes, let's let those struggling with addictions and mental illness kill themselves off so we can green up our front lawns.

Where's a Caskur-free zone when you need one?

Idiot.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

I own some forest...

I learned a little.

Kurt's father wouldn't teach his two sons German. He spoke with his buddies in German and didn't want Kurt or Eric to know what he was saying.

My first language is Taiwanese, then Mandarin, then  English..

I can also speak a little Japanese and Dutch..

I tried learning Spanish when I thought my husband would get a posting in Argentina, but  I gave up within a month..

My husband speaks  Dutch, English and some Mandarin..

My children speak English and rudimentary Mandarin.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt"Yes, let's let those struggling with addictions and mental illness kill themselves off so we can green up our front lawns.

Where's a Caskur-free zone when you need one?

Idiot.

Oops.

Jangled a a nerve, did she?

Calmez vous, Monsieur...

Anonymous

I own some forest...

I learned a little.

My first language is Taiwanese, then Mandarin, then  English..

I can also speak a little Japanese and Dutch..

I tried learning Spanish when I thought my husband would get a posting in Argentina, but  I gave up within a month..

My husband speaks  Dutch, English and some Mandarin..

My children speak English and rudimentary Mandarin.

I know this getting way off topic. but I wish I hadn't forgotten almost all the French I learned in high school.

Bricktop

Mon dieu.

Tu ne parles pas francais???

Mais, tu es Canadian!!!

Blurt

Putting your best Frenglish foot forward, are you, Leo?

Canadian (English) / Canadien (French)

Australian / Australien

European / Européen

You're welcome.  ac_smile
Aimin\' to misbehave.