Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

happy year of the pig

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The Pig is the twelfth of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. Pig was late because he overslept. Another story says that a wolf destroyed his house. He had to rebuild his home before he could set off. When he arrived, he was the last one and could only take twelfth place.

The Pig is also associated with the Earthly Branch (地支—dì zhī) hài (亥), and the hours 9–11 in the night. In terms of yin and yang (阴阳—yīn yáng), the Pig is yin. In Chinese culture, pigs are the symbol of wealth.

Their chubby faces and big ears are signs of fortune as well.

Personality and characteristics

Pigs might not stand out in a crowd. But they are very realistic. Others may be all talk and no action. Pigs are the opposite.

Though not wasteful spenders, they will let themselves enjoy life. They love entertainment and will occasionally treat themselves. They are a bit materialistic, but this is motivation for them to work hard. Being able to hold solid objects in their hands gives them security.

They are energetic and are always enthusiastic, even for boring jobs. If given the chance, they will take positions of power and status. They believe that only those people have the right to speak, and that's what they want.

Men born in the Pig year are optimistic and gentle. They are very focused. Once they decide on a goal, they'll put everything into it.

They are not the best with money. Though cool-headed, they are also gullible. They trust others easily and are often scammed. This can cause them to lose a fortune.

These men are also quiet. They love learning but don't really know how to put their knowledge into words. They're not conversationalists, but treat everyone warmly. This results in a large social circle. Whenever they run into difficulties, there are always people who stand up to help. Though people will lie to them, more will love them.

Women born in the Pig year are full of excitement. They attend social events whenever possible and treat everyone genuinely. Combined with their easygoing personality, they gain everyone's trust.

However, they are sometimes over-friendly. In their excitement, they can forget to give others personal space.

They also have good fortune with wealth. As long as they keep at it, the efforts will not go to waste. Though they don't start with an advantage, their hard work will keep money flowing in.

At home, they are highly organized. If the room is messy, they'd stay up the entire night to clean it up. These women love children too. Playing with children is one of the things that bring them the greatest joy.

I don't agree with that personal space part... there are two other piggies besides me in my family and all of us are loners preferring to talk on the phone than be in someone's personal space...

You mean it's not one always accurate.

:shock:

Berry Sweet

Interesting.

I'm year of the horse.

Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"I was born in the year of the horse.

So is my husband...

I'm born in Jan 60. I'm a pig....

An apparently the year of the pig is good news for horses... not so good for us piggies.

Why?

Anonymous

Check it out  Berry.

QuoteOVERVIEW

Rating: 3 stars

Blessed by auspicious stars yet affected by the inauspicious, you Horse people will see unpredictable overall fortunes in 2019, a year of Earth Pig. Throughout the whole year, your luck for career will be the best due to the blessing of three powerful auspicious stars, namely 'Zi Wei', 'Long De', and 'Lu Xun', so you can make breakthroughs easily at work. 'Bao Bai', an inauspicious star in charge of impact and breakup, will be bad for your relationship and you may easily break up with your love. As the career develops, your wealth will be on the rise but under the adverse impact of 'Xiao Hao', however, you may suffer financial losses. When it comes to health, you people under the Horse sign may have accidents and shall be careful if you are engaged in a high-risk industry. Fortunately, your luck for health won't be so bad due to the blessing of the auspicious stars but you still need to watch out to ride out the year.

WEALTH

'Xiao Hao' means a lot of trivial money losses while 'Bao Bai' means personal injury and dissipation of family fortune, especially for you Horses under age, who may spend with no limit and need to change your values and consumption concepts to better keep money. 'Tian E' may bring you financial losses caused by accidents. Blessed by 'Zi Wei' and 'Long De', you may encounter a benefactor who will solve your economic crisis when you are on a tight budget. Another good news is that you may get promotion and salary raise, and obtain other unexpected incomes in addition to those from work due to the blessing of 'Lu Xun'. To improve your wealth luck in the Pig year, you are suggested to wear a citrine bracelet with Horse sign.

CAREER

Rating: 4 stars

Jointly assisted by 'Zi Wei', 'Long De' and 'Lu Xun', you will find everything go well at work and turn ill luck into good whenever you are in trouble, ushering in an anticipated prospect. 'Lu Xun' in charge of fame and fortune means you will get promotion and salary raise. Under the blessing of auspicious stars, you can take the initiative to improve interpersonal relationship and expand contacts, which will benefit your career, even bring you new opportunities for cooperation. However, 'Xiao Hao' will make you prone to lawsuit and dispute, and you may offend others in workplace due to improper words; though 'Di Jie' can help you turn calamities into blessings, you still need to change your way of communication to avoid unnecessary troubles. To improve your career fortune and work smoothly in 2019, you are suggested to wear a Lapis Lazuli bracelet with Horse sign pendant.

LOVE RELATIONSHIP

Blessed by auspicious stars, your luck with the opposite sex will be good. You singles will get many chances to start a relationship. Since there is no blessing from an auspicious star in charge of love relationship and the luck for career is quite good, you Horses may focus on career and have no mood to date. If you are in a relationship, the negative energy of 'Bao Bai' will make you quarrel with each other, break up and make up, so you will find it hard to maintain the relationship. For married Horse people, you will spend most of your efforts on work, care and communicate less with your partner, which will make you alienate with each other. Due to the good luck with the opposite sex, some of you may have an affair and betray your marriage. To improve your relationship this year, you may wear a pink crystal bracelet with Horse sign or an Amethyst bracelet with Horse sign. It's also good place it under your pillow for better luck in love relationship.

HEALTH

Rating: 2 stars

Your health will be closely related with the career. The prosperous career means the consumption of energy and the long time struggle will lead to poor mental state and health condition. Affected by 'Tian E', you will encounter one after another accident. Additionally, you shall beware of fire and water risks. 'Si Fu', which means sad news in the year, reminds you to watch out the misfortunes of your relatives and friends. 'Bao Bai' and 'Si Fu' suggest the deterioration of diseases, so follow the doctor's advice, get careful treatment and hide nothing from your physician. Green agate bracelet with Horse sign is a good lucky charm for you Horses to exorcise evil spirits and protect health.

Anonymous

So is my husband...

An apparently the year of the pig is good news for horses... not so good for us piggies.

Just be careful to avoid pitfalls.

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

So is my husband...

Why?

It's a bad luck year for pigs so the news has made me more miserable than normal.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

So is my husband...

Just be careful to avoid pitfalls.

March is going to be my worst month...

But I'm trying to shake off the bad news knowing my husband is going to have good luck.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Berry Sweet

I feel great this year.  It literally feels different.  Really positive, cool and calm, no drama.  Whatever the fuck, I'm going with it...

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I feel great this year.  It literally feels different.  Really positive, cool and calm, no drama.  Whatever the fuck, I'm going with it...

Good luck to you then... buy a lottery ticket.

;)
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I feel great this year.  It literally feels different.  Really positive, cool and calm, no drama.  Whatever the fuck, I'm going with it...

That's terrific Berry, and I hope it continues.

ac_smile

Vancouver

Quote from: "Shen Li"I'm a rat.

Gong xi fa cai.

I'm a tiger.

Gong hay fat choy.
Time is malleable

Gaon

My wife has an interest in Chinese astrology. I read it, but I don't take it seriously.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I'm a rat.

Gong xi fa cai.

I'm a tiger.

Gong hay fat choy.

I looked it up. That's Cantonese.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"