The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Pimp my ride

Started by Frood, February 07, 2019, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Odinson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

North-American cars are status-symbols in here because they cost so much..

All the taxes and tariffs drive that price right up.

Ford and Chrysler arent that pricey though... Depends on the model.

What model gets imported in mass.

Really? Not here.

Dodge pickup trucks cost a lot more than they do in N-America..

It is an import issue.

Tariffs....argh.....where's IHJ.

How much did your Nissan Altima cost?

If you dont mind me asking...

It's a 2013, so keep  that in mind..

It was about twenty eight thousand dollars Canadian.

How old it was when you bought it?

It was new when we bought it from the dealership..

We were going to trade it in this year, but it seems we'll wait until 2020.

So it was 28k brand new..

Thats reasonable.¨

For example, the pickup truck Renee is driving.. It costs at least 80k in here.

What did Renee buy?

A GMC Canyon..

I cant find a price tag for it here but I´m estimating 70k-80k..

Anonymous

I looked and the price of a GMC Canyon starts at $27,800 in Canada.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I looked and the price of a GMC Canyon starts at $27,800 in Canada.

It doesnt seem to be in the dealership inventory in here.

Frood

Right now I'm waiting in an industrial park for a particular shop to open and sell me some better side mirrors for the ute. The stock ones won't be any good when the canopy arrives and I'll lose rear view vision because I can't see through it (no rear window in it). These things extend out quite far if necessary and are popular with people towing stuff.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Is this industrial park anywhere near here...

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-75urQ_nZwkg%2FUU93wRJSz-I%2FAAAAAAAAJ0k%2FWsOt1rpSoZY%2Fs1600%2Fdull_boring.jpg&f=1">

Anonymous

Not sure how I've missed this thread, but it's quite interesting.  Especially all the camping gear.  I rarely camp, but until recently I did so with a truck tent.  Had an older Dodge Ram half-ton and a custom tent and mattress.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47280_1390798045435_6661018_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7b6489f5769411a69e1836563c9e41a5&oe=5CF5C988">

Got T-boned last year and totaled the truck.  Because we rarely camp, and I'm too old to be interested in other truck functions, I only need a "work truck" now.  (that's hillbilly for a beater truck you only drive to and from work.)  My current work truck is a 20-year old Mazda pickup.  The cab is solid, but I've scrapped the rusty bed and I've got a homebuilt flatbed in progress on it.  

Our "good" car is a four year old Chevy Trax, the smallest of their crossover utes, built in Korea.  In times past I had a fetish for German iron but I've been over that for quite a while now.  And in the really old days (the fifties) I was a hot rodder.

Frood

Quote from: "Peaches"Not sure how I've missed this thread, but it's quite interesting.  Especially all the camping gear.  I rarely camp, but until recently I did so with a truck tent.  Had an older Dodge Ram half-ton and a custom tent and mattress.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47280_1390798045435_6661018_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7b6489f5769411a69e1836563c9e41a5&oe=5CF5C988">

Got T-boned last year and totaled the truck.  Because we rarely camp, and I'm too old to be interested in other truck functions, I only need a "work truck" now.  (that's hillbilly for a beater truck you only drive to and from work.)  My current work truck is a 20-year old Mazda pickup.  The cab is solid, but I've scrapped the rusty bed and I've got a homebuilt flatbed in progress on it.  

Our "good" car is a four year old Chevy Trax, the smallest of their crossover utes, built in Korea.  In times past I had a fetish for German iron but I've been over that for quite a while now.  And in the really old days (the fifties) I was a hot rodder.

Quote from: "Bricktop"Is this industrial park anywhere near here...

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-75urQ_nZwkg%2FUU93wRJSz-I%2FAAAAAAAAJ0k%2FWsOt1rpSoZY%2Fs1600%2Fdull_boring.jpg&f=1">

You were saying?
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Ford Winnebago would be nice for camping..

Just need to do something about those fucking flies and jackasses.

">

Blazor

Quote from: "Peaches"Not sure how I've missed this thread, but it's quite interesting.  Especially all the camping gear.  I rarely camp, but until recently I did so with a truck tent.  Had an older Dodge Ram half-ton and a custom tent and mattress.

Not a bad lil set up  :thumbup:

Sucks on the truck getting totaled.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

I got extendable mirrors today. They cost 750.

https://i.postimg.cc/wxDgKMdH/20190212-104410.jpg">
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Yeah, but at least I was able to eBay the tent and mattress.  Seems like I paid about $350 US for them, and of course they were specific to that model truck over maybe a 5 year span, so I got a buyer right away for fifty cents on the dollar.

Blazor

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Yeah, but at least I was able to eBay the tent and mattress.  Seems like I paid about $350 US for them, and of course they were specific to that model truck over maybe a 5 year span, so I got a buyer right away for fifty cents on the dollar.

Well thats good at least. Lil pricey compared to the one I throw on the ground, but looks comfy.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Gaon

Quote from: "Odinson"Ford Winnebago would be nice for camping..

">

There are some great camping places in British Columbia, Canada. I wish we had a camper rv and a place to store it.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Odinson"Ford Winnebago would be nice for camping..

">

There are some great camping places in British Columbia, Canada. I wish we had a camper rv and a place to store it.

I´ve been thinking of living in one..  ac_biggrin

Some of them are like homes.

I know a university professor who lives in his RV at the university parking lot..

The RV just sits there.. I know he lives in it.