The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Israel Ranked 10th Healthiest Country in the World

Started by Gaon, February 28, 2019, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Can't beat bacon, eggs and beer for brekky.

Of course, if I tried that now, I'd be dead the next day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Can't beat bacon, eggs and beer for brekky.

I think Gaon's Israeli Mediterranean diet is better

Gaon

Israel has a healthy cuisine comprised of locally grown fresh fruits, and vegetables ripened on the vine. Combine that with a gentle climate that encourages outdoor activity and it's obvious why Israelis are healthier than Canadians and Russians.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Don't knock it til you try it!!!

ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

ac_drinks

I would think it's possible in Australia to eat healthier than we do..

We grow summer vegetables and seasonal fruit, but the rest of the year they come from factory farms in California..

Not to mention tropical fruits which come from South America..

Australians, especially in the North can enjoy fruits ripened on the tree..

As Gaon mentioned, that tastes better.

Gaon

ac_drinks

We grow summer vegetables and seasonal fruit, but the rest of the year they come from factory farms in California..

Canadians are about as healthy as they can be in a country this size and this cold. Scandinavians are healthy  due to consuming more fish than other forms of protein.
The Russian Rock It

Wazzzup

QuoteThe Bloomberg Healthiest Country Index, published Sunday, ranked 169 nations based on factors such as life expectancy and access to sanitation and medical care. Countries were penalized for tobacco use and obesity, among other health risks.

The U.S. placed 64th, largely in part to its high obesity rate. Recent figures from the Centers for Disease Control estimate about 40 percent of the country, or over 93 million citizens, are obese.

Life expectancy is a fairly objective measure although non health related fatalities could bias results, like auto accidents, suicides and homicides.  Obesity and tobacco seem like fairly good measures, but then there are other dangerous habits like drug and alcohol use that are important as well.  Sanitation and health care are not well defined and possibly more subject to bias.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
QuoteThe Bloomberg Healthiest Country Index, published Sunday, ranked 169 nations based on factors such as life expectancy and access to sanitation and medical care. Countries were penalized for tobacco use and obesity, among other health risks.

The U.S. placed 64th, largely in part to its high obesity rate. Recent figures from the Centers for Disease Control estimate about 40 percent of the country, or over 93 million citizens, are obese.

Life expectancy is a fairly objective measure although non health related fatalities could bias results, like auto accidents, suicides and homicides.  Obesity and tobacco seem like fairly good measures, but then there are other dangerous habits like drug and alcohol use that are important as well.  Sanitation and health care are not well defined and possibly more subject to bias.

I read that American life expectancy is dropping because of so many premature deaths due to the opioid epidemic.
The Russian Rock It

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Gaon"

I read that American life expectancy is dropping because of so many premature deaths due to the opioid epidemic.
Yes it would appear so.  I think the reason for this was in the past heroin had a huge stigma attached to it as a street drug that only low lives used.  But with the greater growth of pharmaceuticals like oxycodone and other prescribable opiates it has taken the stigma off.   Also before people had to seek out street dealers now they can just go to doctors. I could be wrong but that is what I think is going on.

Gaon

Quote from: "Gaon"

Yes it would appear so.  I think the reason for this was in the past heroin had a huge stigma attached to it as a street drug that only low lives used.  But with the greater growth of pharmaceuticals like oxycodone and other prescribable opiates it has taken the stigma off.   Also before people had to seek out street dealers now they can just go to doctors. I could be wrong but that is what I think is going on.

American physicians are the new street dealers. Opiate addiction is a very big problem here in Vancouver.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Beautiful women, a pleasant climate, good food and drink, low crime, and beaches. If it had more golf courses, it would be paradise.

Bricktop

ac_drinks

Fruit?  ac_dunno

Gaon

ac_drinks

Fruit?  ac_dunno

You don't like fresh fruit?
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Of course I do.

A slice of lemon in a gin and tonic is a delight, and fresh orange juice with a shot of vodka is a great start to the day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Israel has a healthy cuisine comprised of locally grown fresh fruits, and vegetables ripened on the vine. Combine that with a gentle climate that encourages outdoor activity and it's obvious why Israelis are healthier than Canadians and Russians.

I hope you are being paid by Israel's tourism industry.