Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Car Collecting

Started by JOE, March 09, 2019, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"
So, you sold it? What are you driving now? I have a VW Jetta.
Honda HRV. Poor man's SUV.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Honda HRV. Poor man's SUV.

If I was to buy an SUV, that's the size I'd want. I have an underground parking stall in my condo building. Space is a little tight down there.

Bricktop

Nothing wrong with a CRV. Reliable, comfortable, spacious and amazingly capable in moderate off road conditions.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Nothing wrong with a CRV. Reliable, comfortable, spacious and amazingly capable in moderate off road conditions.

The HRV is a little smaller than the CRV. I like the CRV.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Don't you own or did own a Mercedes?

The thing had one problem after another. It was driving my wallet crazy. The outrageous maintanance fee. High insurance cost. The turbo engine needed premium gas.

I like driving the VW/Audi cars and had a Jetta a few years back.  The transmissions, in particular, are overclocked and horribly expensive to repair, so the key is to guess when the trans is going to crap out and trade a few months ahead of the event.  I've had several BMWs over the years and enjoyed them all, but wouldn't buy one these days.  Don't like the cost of Japanese iron either, so my last couple of cars have been Korean.

Anonymous

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima that I bought new..

I couldn't ask for a more reliable vehicle..

We'll trade it in next year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

The thing had one problem after another. It was driving my wallet crazy. The outrageous maintanance fee. High insurance cost. The turbo engine needed premium gas.

I like driving the VW/Audi cars and had a Jetta a few years back.  The transmissions, in particular, are overclocked and horribly expensive to repair, so the key is to guess when the trans is going to crap out and trade a few months ahead of the event.  I've had several BMWs over the years and enjoyed them all, but wouldn't buy one these days.  Don't like the cost of Japanese iron either, so my last couple of cars have been Korean.

I have no complaints. Excellent fuel economy and no tranny issues.

Vancouver

I paid $1500 to fix the transmission module and $350 to fix the thermostat on the Mercedes-benz.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

I paid $1500 to fix the transmission module and $350 to fix the thermostat on the Mercedes-benz.

My company had the same problem with their Ford 550 trucks.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"Old Joe's car collection.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQym-NmQmOmaVaNUKrF0E7Tlpy2JKsENC9o4EKZ8cJ8krhvb0kk">

Don't laugh Herman.

Some of those old matchbox & Corgi toy cars are worth a mint.

Some more than a real car.

Gotta have in the original box tho, eh.

But they are not easy to find, especially at a goid firesale price

The collectors definitely arent letting those go

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"ac_lmfao

Don't laugh, he says he collects comic books.

Yup I shore do....Fashionista!

Heck I collect just about anything of value.

If it looks valuable, has potential antique resale value & I have the cash on me, I'll buy it!

Besides superhero comic books, I buy old hockey cards and baseball memorabilia

I've bought old antique jewelry before & apparently its woth a lotta money and its book value is high.

I also bought some old girls romance comics, the type you used ta read...again extremely hard ta find and worth a mint, eh? I bought some 1940s issues on eBay for pittance. One of them is so rare less than 10 known copies in existence. Possibly less than 5.

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/4387516.jpg">

That was a great buy cuz you cant find them so easily anymore cuz the collectors arent selling them anymore. I bought in near mint condition for $30. Now an old low grade copy selling oneBay for $250. Go ta eVay and check it out. So mine must be worth $1000 possibly $2000 by now since its so rare. I saw this books potential value at the time and I knew instinctively that it would rise in value one day. My hinch was corret

I buy old vintage fashion magazines too. Some of them, the right ones are extremely rate and worth over $1000 each.

If I saw vintage Barbie dolls at firesale prices in mint condition, I'd buy and resell them too.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"ac_lmfao

Don't laugh, he says he collects comic books.

Hustler isn't a comic book.

Nothin' ta sneeze at, BT!

Hustler #1 is worth a mint!

However I won't post the cover here since it may offend/hurt Fashionista's frightened eyes.

I don't wanna offend anyone y'know.

Odinson

I had my old car on my yard some years ago.

I was thinking whether I should try to sell it or just have it transported to the junkyard..

Then a tree fell on it... Totaled it.

That settled that matter and I called the junkyard to come pick it up.