Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Disney now owns 21st century fox

Started by Vancouver, March 19, 2019, 07:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

But that list is shrinking...I have both, and I can see where the future is heading.

Broadcasting via free-to-air or cable is doomed.

Free to air won't last much longer...but cable will be around awhile yet. Although no influence at the moment, watch out for Google's new gaming service, where top shelf games can be played online through a browser. Google claims to have developed streaming technology that eliminates the need to purchase games. It doesn't take Nostradamus to see where this is going...streaming is the future. Offer the latest movies, episodic features and a broad range of other videos on demand, without ads, as well as the latest massive game titles...who will want cable?

Blazor

Damn, this is not good for us. Disney censors too much, and they dont use actors that dont comply with their off-screen standards (have to look good in public too). Disney is buying up too much, and before long, it will all be PC crap that we watch.

Streaming is the way things are going, and I dont like that either. I like owning movies that I like a lot, as in a hard copy DVD/Blu-Ray. Streaming requires the internet. Expect ads in streams in the future, free movies on Vudu are already doing this, and increasing the ads, same with YouTube. They expect you to buy shit. With the death of Net Neutrality, this is going to get worse.

I did read an article the other day, where cable might make a comeback, when you have so many streaming services to pay for, and cable will become the cheaper option again. I know they keep jacking up my internet bill at home. When I ditched cable, I was only paying $60 a month or so, 6 years ago. Now its closer to $90. Throw in Netflix, which recently went up in price, and Im at $100, which is close to what I was paying for cable years ago, with tons of channels. Still glad I gave up cable, too many ads.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Disney is trying to create a monopoly... And then they are gonna shove PC crap through our ears and eyes..

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson"Disney is trying to create a monopoly... And then they are gonna shove PC crap through our ears and eyes..

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o!  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.