The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Google "Goes Orwell", Erasing Picture Of Climate Dissident Founder From History Of Greenpeace

Started by cc, March 18, 2019, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I been saying this is happening for over a year now! A LOT of the stuff I use to look up, gone. Its like a purge of certain info has been happening.

"it's hard to read through the rising smoke of the books that you love to burn"

~ Phil Ochs, about 1965

Blazor

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Blazor"I been saying this is happening for over a year now! A LOT of the stuff I use to look up, gone. Its like a purge of certain info has been happening.

"it's hard to read through the rising smoke of the books that you love to burn"

~ Phil Ochs, about 1965

Oh man, exactly what they are doing! In an E-sense, burning the books!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You can burn all the books you want.

You cannot burn knowledge.

You make it socially unacceptabe or even illegal to possess certain knowledge.

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Nobody should fear invoking social ostracisation because of the knowledge they carry. If someone wishes to ignore me for my beliefs, no harm done.

That would never prevent me from exposing those beliefs if and when appropriate.

Knowledge, on the other hand, is a different thing. In this modern era, knowledge is no longer based on fact.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Nobody should fear invoking social ostracisation because of the knowledge they carry. If someone wishes to ignore me for my beliefs, no harm done.

That would never prevent me from exposing those beliefs if and when appropriate.

Knowledge, on the other hand, is a different thing. In this modern era, knowledge is no longer based on fact.

Forget about social ostracization. In some European countries, you can do time for letting people know your opinions.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"

Forget about social ostracization. In some European countries, you can do time for letting people know your opinions.

Taiwan is moving to make the media freer and the opposite is happening in Canada and Western Europe.