Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A pair of assholes.

Started by Bricktop, March 28, 2019, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

I finally watched the video, those fuckers are even more stupid shooting with skis on against a bear. I dont condone illegal hunting nor killing of young animals. I let many young deer go in my time of hunting, they deserve to live a lil too. These fuckers are what gives good hunters a bad name.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"When the hunter have to cuss with teh poor dead bear, think he's all tough when he has a gun, the guy seriously deserves to be banned from hunting, I can never trust these people with a firearm.

I aint arguing with that. I shoot badgers and coyotes on my farm because they are frickin pests. I don't need the old lady's horse or my cattle stepping in giant badger holes and breaking their legs. And both coyotes and badgers will eat my chickens and turkeys. I see the bastards, I shoot the bastards. But, a bear on it's own turf. That was stupid.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"When the hunter have to cuss with teh poor dead bear, think he's all tough when he has a gun, the guy seriously deserves to be banned from hunting, I can never trust these people with a firearm.

I aint arguing with that. I shoot badgers and coyotes on my farm because they are frickin pests. I don't need the old lady's horse or my cattle stepping in giant badger holes and breaking their legs. And both coyotes and badgers will eat my chickens and turkeys. I see the bastards, I shoot the bastards. But, a bear on it's own turf. That was stupid.

I agree with ya brother, and in your case it makes much more sense to take the pest out that is killing your live stocks and damaging your property.  But these guys are different, they just seem to have little respect for nature itself.  IMO there's really only 3 reasons I can think of to kill an animal, it's either to protect yourself and other lives/homes, etc, or to eat, and last to end any pain and suffering they're going through.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

I agree with ya brother, and in your case it makes much more sense to take the pest out that is killing your live stocks and damaging your property.  But these guys are different, they just seem to have little respect for nature itself.  IMO there's really only 3 reasons I can think of to kill an animal, it's either to protect yourself and other lives/homes, etc, or to eat, and last to end any pain and suffering they're going through.

Very good post Zetsu.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Pretty sensible my friend. Until about six or seven years ago I had been hunting since I was twelve years old. I gave it up and gave most of my rifles to my nephews. They in turn supply me with moose, elk and venison.

I never enjoyed watching big game die when I hunted. It was all about filling my freezer. Shooting coyotes and badgers is different and you get that. They are vermin.

Frood

So connecting back as part of nature is really lame award worthy?

Hunting and eating my first kill was as spiritual to me as the first time I slept in a hand made bough shelter under the stars or as luck actually had it, a freak electrical storm which descended on the mountain-top and pulverized the trees all around.

Holding your first born in ypur hands for the first time is also a spiritual experience. Is that really lame too?

Let's discuss your feelings and thoughts about what is really lame. If you're capable.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Your reply to my honest question is really lame.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It's in the American DNA.

That's fricking preposterous.  There IS no specifically American DNA, as you'd know if you actually visited the country and sampled it.

All the same, it's nice to read a thread where you and Dinky sort of agree about something, even if it's not til after the ceremonial pie throwing.   ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

That's fricking preposterous.  There IS no specifically American DNA, as you'd know if you actually visited the country and sampled it.

All the same, it's nice to read a thread where you and Dinky sort of agree about something, even if it's not til after the ceremonial pie throwing.   ac_dance

That American DNA comment was a it silly, but Bricktop knows that anyway..

Is if feeling like spring yet where you live..

We are going to get cold again next week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"You should do it even if just once or twice. Go with an experienced hunter who shows you the ropes safely and responsibly. Small game is easier and you'll get the chance to field dress it, process it, and eat it.

It's a spiritual act, particularly the first time. Teaches you to value and respect life plus it puts existence in perspective. I think everyone who eats animal products should experience and participate in the process rather than only getting it from a cellophane wrapped tray at the supermarket.

No thanks. My idea of "roughing it" is a golf course that doesn't have a happy hour in the club house.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"There IS no specifically American DNA, as you'd know if you actually visited the country and sampled it.

I have visited your country.

When is the last time you were in Australia?

The reference to "American DNA" was, I thought, an obvious reference to CULTURAL DNA.

And killing is very much a part of that cultural DNA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That American DNA comment was a it silly, but Bricktop knows that anyway..

Is if feeling like spring yet where you live..

We are going to get cold again next week.

Yes, it was silly.  But I knew Brick would jump on it like a hungry wren jumps on a morning roundworm.

Weather-wise, the beginning of last week was several days of 0°C at daybreak with highs of 15-20 with good sun.  The lows were more like 10 later in the week, even nicer.  But today it rained and the front came from the north (indicating a jet stream vortex) with northerly winds and dropping temps.  By morning we'll be back to a repeat of last week, looks like.  Dogwoods have blossomed and it's definitely spring.  Some years we'll have a fake spring or two, but maybe not this year.

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Peaches"There IS no specifically American DNA, as you'd know if you actually visited the country and sampled it.

I have visited your country.

When is the last time you were in Australia?

The reference to "American DNA" was, I thought, an obvious reference to CULTURAL DNA.

And killing is very much a part of that cultural DNA.

There are around a dozen Balkanized sub-regions in the US, and I'm just wondering how many of them you've seen.  I've been in Australia only once, about 55 years ago, but only Sydney (and briefly Melbourne,) so as you may've noticed I don't claim or imply any expertise in its culture.

I did assume you meant the DNA remark metaphorically, but I found the metaphor itself to be faulty so I questioned it.  And since you chose to double down on it, I have to say that not only do prevailing attitudes about "killing" vary noticeably amongst those regions, they also vary inside all those regions and often within biological families, which suggests that unlike hair color the said attitudes are not heritable.

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Your reply to my honest question is really lame.

If the word "honest" suddenly leapt out of a dictionary and slapped your stupid bald head, you'd still wonder what it meant.

Your presence here is a troll. Every post you spit out is just a part of that troll.

One day, if and when you grow up and act like an adult, perhaps then we might engage in a conversation. But that's a long shot.

To me it seems a bit narcissistic of you to say this, and your constant reiteration of it has failed so far to convince me it's true.  I'll concede that DD does seem to have a bit of a crusty front towards you, but I often get the same kind of front from "her."  Just consider that maybe it's not about you at all, and Diana's just a bitch.

Bricktop

There are around a dozen Balkanized sub-regions in the US, and I'm just wondering how many of them you've seen.  I've been in Australia only once, about 55 years ago, but only Sydney (and briefly Melbourne,) so as you may've noticed I don't claim or imply any expertise in its culture.

I did assume you meant the DNA remark metaphorically, but I found the metaphor itself to be faulty so I questioned it.  And since you chose to double down on it, I have to say that not only do prevailing attitudes about "killing" vary noticeably amongst those regions, they also vary inside all those regions and often within biological families, which suggests that unlike hair color the said attitudes are not heritable.

I do not much care how you attribute and distribute your nation's cultural DNA. It bemuses me when someone makes a comment on some American trait, and the response is often "oh, that's in another State". America is a single nation. And its NATIONAL cultural DNA contains a disturbing propensity for violence and killing.

Quote from: "Peaches"To me it seems a bit narcissistic of you to say this, and your constant reiteration of it has failed so far to convince me it's true.  I'll concede that DD does seem to have a bit of a crusty front towards you, but I often get the same kind of front from "her."  Just consider that maybe it's not about you at all, and Diana's just a bitch.

Now there's an about face. It WAS you who regaled Freud's troll as succeeding day by day, was it not?  

However, of greater significance is the fact that I know Dinky is Freud and if you're not convinced it is of absolutely NO consequence either way.

Your post smells of duplicity. You know full well Dinky is Freud, yet you seem to be joining in the troll by offering doubt and denial.

With respect, it would be better if you confined this sort of agitating to your own forum, where it is more de rigeur...

Anonymous

I do not much care how you attribute and distribute your nation's cultural DNA. It bemuses me when someone makes a comment on some American trait, and the response is often "oh, that's in another State". America is a single nation. And its NATIONAL cultural DNA contains a disturbing propensity for violence and killing.

Quote from: "Peaches"To me it seems a bit narcissistic of you to say this, and your constant reiteration of it has failed so far to convince me it's true.  I'll concede that DD does seem to have a bit of a crusty front towards you, but I often get the same kind of front from "her."  Just consider that maybe it's not about you at all, and Diana's just a bitch.

Now there's an about face. It WAS you who regaled Freud's troll as succeeding day by day, was it not?  

However, of greater significance is the fact that I know Dinky is Freud and if you're not convinced it is of absolutely NO consequence either way.

Your post smells of duplicity. You know full well Dinky is Freud, yet you seem to be joining in the troll by offering doubt and denial.

With respect, it would be better if you confined this sort of agitating to your own forum, where it is more de rigeur...

Be that as it may, I'm far more concerned by your having doubled down on the DNA trope -- and just now, having compounded it by dismissing the points I laboriously made in my prior post out of hand, by not deigning to acknowledge them and thus not feeling any duty to rebut them before plowing ahead.  

There are no scientific studies out there about "cultural DNA" as one might imagine, since it's a sort of word salad not connected to anything real.  But social scientists have done a thorough job of identifying and describing the eleven or twelve cultural regions of the US, to which your response is "America is a single country."

That's a significant move of the goalposts, pal, from biology to politics.