Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Yet Another Attack - Montreal Priest Chased and Stabbed during Service

Started by cc, March 22, 2019, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Sorry, Fash. It's not really a laughing matter, I know.

But when someone says "we are in the dark" and someone else replies "I see," I can't help but laugh.

My brain is just made that way.

I think an lol is justified.

Blurt

This being said, I've attended mass at St. Joseph's before where Father Grou was the officiating priest, once at the Oratory and once at the Chapel. The man's been around for a million years.

Glad to hear his injuries were minor. Priests are often ideological targets but rarely physical ones.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"This being said, I've attended mass at St. Joseph's before where Father Grou was the officiating priest, once at the Oratory and once at the Chapel. The man's been around for a million years.

Glad to hear his injuries were minor. Priests are often ideological targets but rarely physical ones.

Really Blurt??

I'm glad he'll make a full recovery too.

Blurt

Yeah, the Oratory is a draw for many people (obviously, not all of them of sound mind); not only is it a religious destination but it's a tourist attraction as well. To be fair, the site is impressive and a treat to visit. Even my best buddy back in the 90's (a Muslim) was quite taken with it.

It was always a sight to see devout pilgrims ascending the stairs on their knees, pausing to recite a Hail Mary at each step. Hundreds of crutches hang from the ceiling in the hallways between the Oratory and the Chapel, abandoned by the miraculously cured. This is also where Oratory founder Brother André's heart used to be displayed as a holy relic before some thief made off with the jar that contained it.

I always lit a candle whenever I went there. Like most French-Canadian men of my age, "Joseph" is one of the names on my birth certificate (women have "Mary" on theirs). So I guess that, even though I'm an atheist, I have a certain affinity with Saint Joseph.

http://i63.tinypic.com/s1s3de.jpg">
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

The interior is impressive Blurt..

I have never been in a Catholic church.

Blurt

You probably should check one out one of these days, if only for cultural reasons. Some of them are very beautiful.

As are some mosques, Hindu and Buddhist temples, and Sikh temples.

By contrast, Protestant houses of worship and synagogues, in keeping with their focus on The Book, are fairly plain.

Maybe go to an Anglican service some time, where the cult is a mixture drawn from both Catholic and Protestant rituals.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"You probably should check one out one of these days, if only for cultural reasons. Some of them are very beautiful.

As are some mosques, Hindu and Buddhist temples, and Sikh temples.

By contrast, Protestant houses of worship and synagogues, in keeping with their focus on The Book, are fairly plain.

Maybe go to an Anglican service some time, where the cult is a mixture drawn from both Catholic and Protestant rituals.

I was in a Sikh temple for a wedding.