The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Maple Leaf Foods to open plant-based protein facility in Indiana, after announcing Canadian job cuts

Started by Anonymous, April 08, 2019, 05:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Everyone loses, then.

That is correct. When we elected Trudeau, we all lost.

Seoulbro wants Canadian workers to be paid & treated like slaves, BT.

The idea of an $18 minimum wage like they have in Australia would be unthinkable in most parts of the States. Many working class people barely get by in places like Alabama on less than $10 an hour.

If Australia adopted American labor laws & conditions, many Australian workers would find their wages & benefits cut in half.

If you had read this thread, you'd know that wages were not even mentioned nor was Alabama..

Derailing our discussions to get your kicks is getting too predictable and boring..

Find a new hobby.

Just one thing about wages. They are rising across all sectors South of the border. That is not happening here. And the reason for wage increases South of the border and wage stagnation here is PRODUCTIVITY.

Bricktop

What are they producing?

How much of that wage increase is in the public sector?

Is the standard of living rising commensurately?

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Everyone loses, then.

That is correct. When we elected Trudeau, we all lost.

Seoulbro wants Canadian workers to be paid & treated like slaves, BT.

The idea of an $18 minimum wage like they have in Australia would be unthinkable in most parts of the States. Many working class people barely get by in places like Alabama on less than $10 an hour.

If Australia adopted American labor laws & conditions, many Australian workers would find their wages & benefits cut in half.

If you had read this thread, you'd know that wages were not even mentioned nor was Alabama..

Derailing our discussions to get your kicks is getting too predictable and boring..

Find a new hobby.

A woman with a 2 year old child living on minimal wages asked me for $220 last week Fashionista.

It was for rent

She said if she didnt get the rent paid on time she'd get evicted because she had been late before

So I relented & lent her the mobey.

I took pity on her coz of the child.

I didn't want to see a 2 year old pushed out onto the street.

As a Christian what would you have done Fashionista?

Lent her the money or turned your back?

Such is the reality of people making minimum wage.

People who think 'competitive' wages ate a good thing- there's another side to it as well.

Somebody takes a hit.

Btw I still haven't got the money back from her like she promised within 5 days.

But to save that child perhaps it was worth it?

What so you think Fashionista?

Anonymous

The sixty year old virgin's post is

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/bullshit-stamp-450w-254888044.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"So labour is cheaper in the US?

Taxes are lower and the gap between the two countries' tax rates is widening.

Wages are rising in Trump's US and stagnant in Trudeau's Canada.

Progressives have killed good blue collar jobs in Canada. There will be no middle class in this country in twenty years. I am so  glad to be out of here in less than five years.

JOE

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The sixty year old virgin's post is

Well... if thats what you think.

But I certainly feel $220 poorer after lending her the money!

Hope she pays it back soon.

I needed the money too!

...oh well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The sixty year old virgin's post is

Of course. And one hundred per cent off topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"What are they producing?

Wage growth in the US is in the private sector. Any wage growth here is in the public sector. The Trump boom is lifting people out of poverty. My industry has always paid better in Canada, but now it pays better in the US. Canada had a richer middle class when Harper was pm and Obama president. That has been reversed with Justine and Trump.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"What are they producing?

Wage growth in the US is in the private sector. Any wage growth here is in the public sector. The Trump boom is lifting people out of poverty. My industry has always paid better in Canada, but now it pays better in the US. Canada had a richer middle class when Harper was pm and Obama president. That has been reversed with Justine and Trump.

Growth in Canada has been too slow to put upward pressure on wages. If Obama was still in office, US growth would be lower and our exports to the US would reflect that. Trump's pro growth policies are the only thing that doesn't make Trudeau look like the incompetent fool he is when it comes to the economy.