News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Seoul: Did you watch The Masters today? Tiger's baaaack .. a Tiger Again!!!

Started by cc, April 14, 2019, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Bricktop"He hits a little ball with a stick, and he's a hero?

He's arguably the greatest golfer of all time.

I'm sure he is...and that would be on a par with the greatest window washer of all time.

That would be Oak. Fleabag is the princess of porcelain.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"He hits a little ball with a stick, and he's a hero?

He's arguably the greatest golfer of all time.

I'm sure he is...and that would be on a par with the greatest window washer of all time.

Golf is a popular sport.

Bricktop

Oh, it's a great game, don't get me wrong.

But hardly worth the money and fame that these guys generate. Between that and tennis, I don't know which is the most overrated mundane activity of the two.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh, it's a great game, don't get me wrong.

But hardly worth the money and fame that these guys generate. Between that and tennis, I don't know which is the most overrated mundane activity of the two.

Lots of people love both of those sports.

Bricktop

As they should. I just fail to see the glorification that their exponents bask in.

Not to mention the ludicrous amounts of money they are paid.

cc

No pro athlete deserves the money he gets .. but it is what it is for all spectator sports .. an element making to not watch most all

Herm: I can't watch golf and have not watched a match since the one he was in in the Philippines in 98 or so - hell, our residence was on TV briefly, lol. - I confess to timing  it to see the final 3 holes when he started a couple behind (in his earlier days)

But, I knew something unusual was going to happen this morning

Seoul mentioned back injuries - all things considered this was a special morning .. not of sport .. of human will, of determination , .. of overcoming obstacles ..   and of near to excellence
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

No pro athlete deserves the money he gets .. but it is what it is for all spectator sports .. an element making to not watch most all

Herm: I can't watch golf and have not watched a match since the one he was in in the Philippines in 98 or so - hell, our residence was on TV briefly, lol. - I confess to timing  it to see the final 3 holes when he started a couple behind (in his earlier days)

But, I knew something unusual was going to happen this morning

Seoul mentioned back injuries - all things considered this was a special morning .. not of sport .. of human will, of determination , .. of overcoming obstacles ..   and of near to excellence

Did you live near the golf course Tie Woods played at cc?

cc

Yes - "on it" .. our backyard the fairway boundary on Mimosa Golf Course where he played in 2 tournaments  - landing area for drives - front row seats

One was against 3 Filipinos but  the one we were there during was an All Asia Invitational for  the 4 best Asian players  (in 97 or 98) which we saw (Tiger is 1/2 Asian so qualified)

One of his competitors that I remember was Isio Aoki of Japan. I was wrong about Mo Norman - that was later and another event

LOL, we watched them go by our yard each day, including balls almost in our backyard  and on TV at the same time

The young Tiger won of course - what else is new ?

Anonymous

Something only true champions are capable of.

cc

Something only true champions are capable of.

Yes, and true for champions  in ALL areas of life

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes - "on it" .. our backyard the fairway boundary on Mimosa Golf Course where he played in 2 tournaments  - landing area for drives - front row seats

Wow, just WOW.

cc

OK, I take back my support for him

I know he can afford it, but anyone purchasing, maintaining this and necessary staff .. and fuel ..   is waaaaay over the top .. like in lalaland

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/1862/1048/Tiger-Woods-Privacy-Getty.jpg?ve=1&tl=1">

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"OK, I take back my support for him

I know he can afford it, but anyone purchasing and maintaing something like this waaaaay over the top .. in lalaland

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/1862/1048/Tiger-Woods-Privacy-Getty.jpg?ve=1&tl=1">

Lifestyles of the ostentatious and greedy.

cc

exactly .. so far over the top  .. win or loose he's lost me

seems he's still the ass he was before things of his own doing took him down .. he got his game back .. but  learned nothing "of value" from  being outed

I now wish him MANY  sandtraps, trees, ponds and bad bounces  :sneaky2:

Bricktop

That's what I've been saying!!!

All that for hitting a ball with a stick!!!

It's nonsense.