The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Drug Bust Australia

Started by caskur, April 24, 2019, 01:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "caskur"A packet of 20 cigarettes in Australia is $25. 50% of that is tax for the government.

It going to rise more. It is supposed to be a deterrent to smoking but all it's done has been to increase petty crime.

When I quit smoking, I was paying about $100 for a carton of 200 cigarettes. That's 12.50 for a pack of 25 smokes. They cost more in other provinces. And the price has gone up quite a bit since then.

I heard $22 per pack in Alberta..

I don't know the brand or any brand for that matter.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"A packet of 20 cigarettes in Australia is $25. 50% of that is tax for the government.

It going to rise more. It is supposed to be a deterrent to smoking but all it's done has been to increase petty crime.

When I quit smoking, I was paying about $100 for a carton of 200 cigarettes. That's 12.50 for a pack of 25 smokes. They cost more in other provinces. And the price has gone up quite a bit since then.

We don't have brands anymore... All packaging looks the same. Let me see if I can show you something VERY interesting...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Here Fash, VERY worth watching.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

We don't have brands anymore... All packaging looks the same. Let me see if I can show you something VERY interesting...

Really. All generic. I have never heard of that.

If Australia truly wants everyone to quit smoking, just ban cigarette production and sales and forego the tax revenue. Let the black market pick up the slack. Something tells me they are not that serious about ending smoking.

caskur

tsk... watch that video I put on... It's an historical and advant-garde approach and Australia took on the tobacco industry and WON.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"tsk... watch that video I put on... It's an historical and advant-garde approach and Australia took on the tobacco industry and WON.

I hate that lying prog faggot, John Oliver.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

If Australia truly wants everyone to quit smoking, just ban cigarette production and sales and forego the tax revenue. Let the black market pick up the slack. Something tells me they are not that serious about ending smoking.

Baby steps, I think.

30 years ago, if people had suggested smoking would be banned in pubs, bars and public events they would have been laughed at.

Yet it is now banned from ALL public places, and Melbourne is trialling "smoking zones" in the city area which will be the ONLY place smokers can light up. Needless to say they are well away from major thoroughfares and rather inhospitable.

I suspect that within 10 years, cigarettes will indeed be banned from Australia.

Bricktop

And of course, these tobacco companies are American.

If you can't solve a problem with a gun, hire a lawyer.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Baby steps, I think.

30 years ago, if people had suggested smoking would be banned in pubs, bars and public events they would have been laughed at.

Yet it is now banned from ALL public places, and Melbourne is trialling "smoking zones" in the city area which will be the ONLY place smokers can light up. Needless to say they are well away from major thoroughfares and rather inhospitable.

I suspect that within 10 years, cigarettes will indeed be banned from Australia.

But, smoking won't stop in ten years or even twenty five years.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Baby steps, I think.

Smoking is a cash cow for provinces and the feds. Australia is no different. They know it won't go away if they ban cigarette sales. But the billions in revenue will be.

caskur

Oh ffs, watch that damn video I posted... it's about smoking dumb arses, not politics.

Some of you people here are very weird nutters... just as bad as SJW.

Watch it because it shows our packaging of cigs + the legal fight our country had over it PLUS the cig companies threatening third world countries... WATCH IT. I will bug you people until you do.

">
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Oh ffs, watch that damn video I posted... it's about smoking dumb arses, not politics.

Watch it because it shows our packaging of cigs + the legal fight our country had over it PLUS the cig companies threatening third world countries... WATCH IT. I will bug you people until you do.

">

I am selective about the videos I watch. No John Oliver for this redneck.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"Oh ffs, watch that damn video I posted... it's about smoking dumb arses, not politics.

">

You're pathetic...

simple.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

">

You're pathetic...

simple.
Nah, I am more of an angry and horny old drunk.

Anonymous

">

You're pathetic...

simple.
I can't stomach Oliver, but I will watch the video.

Print
User actions