Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

What they Think

Started by Anonymous, May 09, 2019, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

This whole fracas regarding slang words as hate speech is absurd.

"Spic" is derived from "hispanic". Where is the insult?

"Nips" is a shortened version of "nipponese". Where is the insult?

"Ni gger" is a bastardisation of "negro" (black). Where is the insult?

"Paki" is a shortened version of "Pakistani". Where is the insult?

Abbreviated and slang terms for a persons race is not racist or hateful, unless it contains a derogatory imputation, such as "ape" or "gook".

British people in Australia are called poms. Americans are called Yanks, or Yankees (don't they have a sports team using that name?). We also call Yanks "seppos", short for "septic tank", rhyming slang for "Yank".

Canadians are called "Canucks". I believe you call Newfoundlanders "Newfies". Where is the insult?

Racism and hate speech is not about slang words that are simple derivations. But that does not stop leftards portraying them as such to increase the sense of victimhood in non-whites and recruit more to their cause.

And the rest of us cower in fear of being called a racist.

Biggie Smiles

Safe to assume you'll be showing up on Fash's behalf if a court date should arise out a hate speech law violation? Contributing to any possible legal fees associated with an action wherein she's forced to defend herself?

No? Then do shut the fuck up and sit down sailor. No consequence equals a whole lot of convenience but lacks credibility as far as I'm concerned

Hate speech in this forum is whatever the owner says it is. End of discussion.

If that somehow does not appeal to you, set up your own forum and use an image of a camel getting fucked by some Muslim extremist as your homepage. :icon_wink:

Cronus

Take it up with the liberal Canadian government, the country this forum is hosted in.

No way in hell would I walk through certain neighborhoods using those first three words. Here in North America those are considered slurs in a big way. They were used as insults because of fear and hate. In order to comply this is what we have to do. Worst case is the forum is shut down and the admin charged with a crime. It's not me. Just doing what I can to protect the admin.
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Biggie Smiles

To be honest, this concept of having to explain to guests in your house that they cannot do whatever the fuck it is that they please has always baffled me.

In my home, you take off your hat upon entry. I don't give two rats fucking worth of a fuck if you think that's backwards in whatever shithole of an uncivilized trailer park you happen to have crawled out of.

In my home you do as I say or GTFO. It is really that simple. Same holds true on your online forum for any guest who wishes to enter.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"This whole fracas regarding slang words as hate speech is absurd.

"Spic" is derived from "hispanic". Where is the insult?

"Nips" is a shortened version of "nipponese". Where is the insult?

"Ni gger" is a bastardisation of "negro" (black). Where is the insult?

"Paki" is a shortened version of "Pakistani". Where is the insult?

Abbreviated and slang terms for a persons race is not racist or hateful, unless it contains a derogatory imputation, such as "ape" or "gook".

British people in Australia are called poms. Americans are called Yanks, or Yankees (don't they have a sports team using that name?). We also call Yanks "seppos", short for "septic tank", rhyming slang for "Yank".

Canadians are called "Canucks". I believe you call Newfoundlanders "Newfies". Where is the insult?

Racism and hate speech is not about slang words that are simple derivations. But that does not stop leftards portraying them as such to increase the sense of victimhood in non-whites and recruit more to their cause.

And the rest of us cower in fear of being called a racist.

This is Canada and our hate speech laws are the way they are.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Cronus"Take it up with the liberal Canadian government, the country this forum is hosted in.

No way in hell would I walk through certain neighborhoods using those first three words. Here in North America those are considered slurs in a big way. They were used as insults because of fear and hate. In order to comply this is what we have to do. Worst case is the forum is shut down and the admin charged with a crime. It's not me. Just doing what I can to protect the admin.

My remarks are not directed at you, or those compelled by quivering governments to conform to political correctness.

I am making a comment about how ludicrous the whole issue of racism and hate speech has become, thanks to loony left wing social justice warriors.

ANY speech can be hate speech in a confrontational context. But not EVERY reference to a persons origins is hateful or spiteful. If I call Herman a crazy Uke planet wrecker nobody would blink...including Herman.

If I call Fash a silly Chink forum runner, that's racist.

And of course, any slang or abbreviation directed at non-whites MUST be racist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Cronus"Take it up with the liberal Canadian government, the country this forum is hosted in.

My remarks are not directed at you, or those compelled by quivering governments to conform to political correctness.

I am making a comment about how ludicrous the whole issue of racism and hate speech has become, thanks to loony left wing social justice warriors.

ANY speech can be hate speech in a confrontational context. But not EVERY reference to a persons origins is hateful or spiteful. If I call Herman a crazy Uke planet wrecker nobody would blink...including Herman.

This is Canada and it just is the way it is here..

And if Trudeau is reelected, expect M-103 to become law and free speech will be eroded even further.

Bricktop

Blurt

Quote from: "JOE"I'm a pretty affable guy who can co-exist 'n git along on all 3 forums, eh.

No, Joe.

You're co-tolerated on all 3 forums.

There's a difference.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Then don't re-elect him.

Simple, really.

The old lady and I will be doing our part.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"If I call Herman a crazy Uke planet wrecker nobody would blink...including Herman.

I would cry my eyes out. Nobody understands how vulnerable swish guzzling Ukrainian rig pigs feel.How could you be so insensitive. I need my safe space.

Bricktop

Oh, sorry, man.

What was I thinking.

:34nilpj_th:

caskur

My aunty lives in very swanky state housing units in Fremantle... the undesiables use their thoroughways and cut through to the next street or sleep there in sheltered spots which is totally illegal... My aunty has given them a new name, "cockroaches". I think with use, it'll catch on.

I'm pretty sure Asians are called, chokes here but I don't know where it came from and I never hear it that often.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

My aunty lives in very swanky state housing units in Fremantle... the undesiables use their thoroughways and cut through to the next street or sleep there in sheltered spots which is totally illegal... My aunty has given them a new name, "cockroaches". I think with use, it'll catch on.

I'm pretty sure Asians are called, chokes here but I don't know where it came from and I never hear it that often.

I've never heard that one caskur.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"

I've never heard that one caskur.

Yes, I confirmed it with my husband but when googling, I've found nothing.

I would say it was an expression coming out of the Vietnam war. Amercians used Gooks and Aussies used Chokes.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview