The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Singapore passes controversial 'fake news' law which critics fear will stifle free speech

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2019, 09:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I did a search and it says they are a democracy BUT they are one that doesn't have respect for some civil rights.

North Korea's full title is the DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Korea.

East Germany called itself the DEMOCRATIC Republic of Germany.

The "Soviet" in the Soviet Union inferred that it was a democracy.

The first thing dictatorships try and do is convince the world it is a "democracy".

Singapore may call itself a democracy, but that does not explain why the same party has been in power since the 1960's.

Singapore has low taxes, and allows whoring. Fuck the rest.

Bricktop

A car in Singapore will cost you $150,000 because of the enormous tariffs, and you must dispose of it once it reaches 5 years old. EVERY car park in public and private property will cost you. Prices of fuel, alcohol and restaurants are MASSIVE. Major roads are tollways.  

Prostitution is illegal. Apparently.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"A car in Singapore will cost you $150,000 because of the enormous tariffs, and you must dispose of it once it reaches 5 years old. EVERY car park in public and private property will cost you. Prices of fuel, alcohol and restaurants are MASSIVE. Major roads are tollways.  

Japan has environmental laws that look like they were written by the Japanese automakers..

It's cheaper to buy a new car than maintain an old one, and I mean six or more years old.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"A car in Singapore will cost you $150,000 because of the enormous tariffs, and you must dispose of it once it reaches 5 years old. EVERY car park in public and private property will cost you. Prices of fuel, alcohol and restaurants are MASSIVE. Major roads are tollways.  

Here is what wiki says about prostitution in Singapore.

Prostitution in Singapore in itself is not illegal, but various prostitution-related activities are criminalized. This includes public solicitation, living on the earnings of a prostitute and maintaining a brothel. In practice, police unofficially tolerate and monitor a limited number of brothels. Prostitutes in such establishments are required to undergo periodic health checks and must carry a health card.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Here is what wiki says about prostitution in Singapore.

Prostitution in Singapore in itself is not illegal, but various prostitution-related activities are criminalized. This includes public solicitation, living on the earnings of a prostitute and maintaining a brothel. In practice, police unofficially tolerate and monitor a limited number of brothels. Prostitutes in such establishments are required to undergo periodic health checks and must carry a health card.

Like everything in Singapore, selling sex is regulated.

Anonymous

Street food is cheap enough.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"True.

And quite good.

I eat their street food often.

The street grub is better than most of the restaurant food up in Saskatoon.

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Does Singapore still have strict littering laws?

There is a reason why they call Singapore a fine city. Yes, there are fines for littering.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"

There is a reason why they call Singapore a fine city. Yes, there are fines for littering.

My cousin went there last year...

But years ago, possibly the 70s, my grandmother went there and she was a smoker and had to carry around a tiny tin ashtray that closed up. She was warned by authorities dropping butts meant a flogging....lol

I thought that was wonderful. I wished we had that law.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

But years ago, possibly the 70s, my grandmother went there and she was a smoker and had to carry around a tiny tin ashtray that closed up. She was warned by authorities dropping butts meant a flogging....lol

Don't they have a junk food tax?

caskur

They flog Americans there. You should avoid it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"

Don't they have a junk food tax?

I don't know... I know they have a fabulous iron tree garden....

That is all I know about them.
- Andy Warhol