News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Curious: why is it that women are running teh forumz?

Started by Blurt, May 14, 2019, 12:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skippy

Quote from: "Blurt"You've got Ves at VF, Fash at the 'Shew, Flea at the Stomp, CW at FT, and Billdo at Cindy's.

What's up with that?

Could it be the gals are better at providing chatty venues?

Cindy's been tripping is such a lâme forum

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Blurt"You've got Ves at VF, Fash at the 'Shew, Flea at the Stomp, CW at FT, and Billdo at Cindy's.

What's up with that?

Could it be the gals are better at providing chatty venues?

Do you consider yourself a woman, Blurt?

Do you consider yourself a man? I don't. You are a virgin and you have nothing to your name.

I can't believe old Joe hasn't killed himself.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Bricktop"

At the entrance to the Catacombs in Paris there is a sign..."Abandon hope, all ye who enter".

I didn't know that.  The Parisians must have lifted the quote from Dante Alighieri, who reported in "The Inferno" that it was inscribed over the gates of Hell.  In old Italian:  Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate.

You join many others in your mistranslation, sadly.  It should read "Abandon all hope, ye who enter."  The correct placement of "all" is no small thing, as it encourages a profoundly deep spiritual state that is way beyond mere surrender.

As indeed they did, in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek fashion.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the Catacombs of Paris, and their raison d'etre.

Anonymous

I do know the what, why, how and when history.  But my only visit to Paris was far too short to allow time for a visit.  I was more interested in gastronomy, I admit.

Bricktop

Did you have a French petit dejeuner?

Une verre de cognac, un espresso, et un Gitanes.

Blurt

Une Gauloise après une gauloise.

Ensuite, le petit déjeuner.

And, no, I'm not "immersed" in the world of flaming, Leo.

You've got me confused with Herman.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Une Gauloise après une gauloise.

It's so difficult to tell you apart , you and Herman are so similar.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Did you have a French petit dejeuner?

Une verre de cognac, un espresso, et un Gitanes.

While in France I smoked Galois Caporals, which I understand have now been replaced by Brunes but I haven't tried them.

I eschewed the brandies altogether, though I'm sure at some darker level I'd have enjoyed them in the moment.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt"Une Gauloise après une gauloise.

Then you must be immersed in "de Nile". You're active at SG.

Anonymous

Wherever Blurt posts, there their posts are.  Blurt probably could flame quite well, but seems to prefer a more light-hearted style that frankly is too stylish and carries too much content for me to consider it flame.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Wherever Blurt posts, there their posts are.  Blurt probably could flame quite well, but seems to prefer a more light-hearted style that frankly is too stylish and carries too much content for me to consider it flame.

Blurt is just like old Herman. Where I post,  they follow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Peaches"Wherever Blurt posts, there their posts are.  Blurt probably could flame quite well, but seems to prefer a more light-hearted style that frankly is too stylish and carries too much content for me to consider it flame.

Blurt is just like old Herman. Where I post,  they follow.

Yes, as a bumblebee is just like an ox.

Bricktop

I did not insinuate that Blurt was a flamer. Merely that he has developed a curiosity for flame forums.

Our Blurt is a complex character. He seeks stimulation and interaction in the strangest of places. He is on a quest for anti-wisdom, it seems.

He seems more at home with the "rough trade" than he does with sedentary, innocuous and nontoxic climes, such as our humble digital abode.

I wonder what he is truly seeking. ac_umm

Zetsu

My brother always say women are heavily geared towards social and men tends to solo more, guess him and Blurt are right.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I did not insinuate that Blurt was a flamer. Merely that he has developed a curiosity for flame forums.

Our Blurt is a complex character. He seeks stimulation and interaction in the strangest of places. He is on a quest for anti-wisdom, it seems.

He seems more at home with the "rough trade" than he does with sedentary, innocuous and nontoxic climes, such as our humble digital abode.

I wonder what he is truly seeking. ac_umm

Oh, piffle.

:001_rolleyes: