Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Abortion

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, May 22, 2019, 02:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Zetsu"Mothers or just anyone that don't see what's wrong having their offspring pulled out violently with a probe jammed to the head of the baby should deserve the same fate.  And it's not about this my body, my choice issue, instead take responsibility people, prevention or simply don't have sex.

The abortion baby usually looks like a baby..

And the doctor severs the baby´s limbs.. Takes the baby out in pieces..

Crushes the baby´s skull before taking it out.

And these same pro-choice people are talking about how cruel it is to kill cows for meat.

Biggie Smiles

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Mothers or just anyone that don't see what's wrong having their offspring pulled out violently with a probe jammed to the head of the baby should deserve the same fate.  And it's not about this my body, my choice issue, instead take responsibility people, prevention or simply don't have sex.

The abortion baby usually looks like a baby..

And the doctor severs the baby´s limbs.. Takes the baby out in pieces..

Crushes the baby´s skull before taking it out.

And these same pro-choice people are talking about how cruel it is to kill cows for meat.
Absolutely right Odi.  They are very hypocritical.  

They also often try to censor information about how gruesome the process really is.  Because hey want everyone to focus only on the shiny object "woman's rights" and ignore the horrible torture like death that often happens to the child.

There's a movie in the US called "Unplanned' its about a woman who worked at Planned Parenthood who was pro choice, but changed her mind when she saw up close what an abortion really is and she became pro life because of it.

This movie was effectively banned in Canada--

[size=150]'Unplanned' denied by Canadian distribution giants; pro-life film hit with de facto ban[/size]

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/22/unplanned-denied-by-canadian-distribution-giants-p/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -giants-p/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/22/unplanned-denied-by-canadian-distribution-giants-p/

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola" Some pregnancies cause complications that tragically end a woman's life and her unborn child. Pregnancy is not a picnic. It is a dangerous time in a woman's life.

A healthy woman in a western country has less chance of dying from pregnancy and/or giving birth than dying in 3 months of driving a car.

Having an abortion because the mothers life specifically depends on it is one thing--having one to generally protect ones life makes about as much sense as protecting ones mortality by refusing to fly on airplanes.

Also there is risk to abortion too--Much of the same risk of other medical procedures exists-- like infection from bacteria entering the body.-

I looked for some reliable statistics that would compare pregnancy related deaths vs abortion related deaths,  but couldn't find them--maybe Dove knows of some.

This is not new. Of course. I'm just citing pregnancy is not a picnic. Every pregnancy is different. A blessing for those wanting to get pregnant but not so great for those who do not want it. Again, as I said, the two people involved should be responsible before engaging in the activity that could lead to conception.

It's not as easy as black and white. Consider the woman who has had 5 children and her doctor has warned her that her last few stressful pregnancies have almost cost her her life in the past and that he does not recommend her to get pregnant again or it could be the end of her. So, she follows his advice and agrees to have an IUD. The doctor guarantees her that she should not get pregnant on her IUD. Boom. She gets pregnant. Oh the stories go on and on and vary tremendously. Anyway, I have said my piece on this matter. Everyone is entitled to their own views.

It goes without saying that any medical procedure could result in complications. If you go to a quack doctor for an abortion, you can expect to have issues. Prevention of pregnancy if it is not wanted should be the most important thing to consider over all. Educate all early on.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blurt

Still waiting for Dove to provide a source for her claim that there are more abortion-related deaths now than when the procedure was illegal.

The claim certainly feels counter-factual.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola" Some pregnancies cause complications that tragically end a woman's life and her unborn child. Pregnancy is not a picnic. It is a dangerous time in a woman's life.

A healthy woman in a western country has less chance of dying from pregnancy and/or giving birth than dying in 3 months of driving a car.

Having an abortion because the mothers life specifically depends on it is one thing--having one to generally protect ones life makes about as much sense as protecting ones mortality by refusing to fly on airplanes.

Also there is risk to abortion too--Much of the same risk of other medical procedures exists-- like infection from bacteria entering the body.-

I looked for some reliable statistics that would compare pregnancy related deaths vs abortion related deaths,  but couldn't find them--maybe Dove knows of some.

This is not new. Of course. I'm just citing pregnancy is not a picnic. Every pregnancy is different. A blessing for those wanting to get pregnant but not so great for those who do not want it. Again, as I said, the two people involved should be responsible before engaging in the activity that could lead to conception.

It's not as easy as black and white. Consider the woman who has had 5 children and her doctor has warned her that her last few stressful pregnancies have almost cost her her life in the past and that he does not recommend her to get pregnant again or it could be the end of her. So, she follows his advice and agrees to have an IUD. The doctor guarantees her that she should not get pregnant on her IUD. Boom. She gets pregnant. Oh the stories go on and on and vary tremendously. Anyway, I have said my piece on this matter. Everyone is entitled to their own views.

It goes without saying that any medical procedure could result in complications. If you go to a quack doctor for an abortion, you can expect to have issues. Prevention of pregnancy if it is not wanted should be the most important thing to consider over all. Educate all early on.

^^^ And this post is exactly why the clueless shouldn't have a vote at all.

Blame TV shows out of America claiming everyone wants children and every pregnancy and baby are welcomed and everybody lives happily ever after.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Good post Azhya.  The scenario you put up is a very compelling case for the pro choice side.  I'm sure things like that happen, I don't think its very often (maybe 5% or less-- just a guess though, dunno for sure) BUT to a person in a very difficult situation like that its not a statistic, its everything to them.

This  one of the reasons why I believe as a nation we should compromise--make it that someone can abort within the 1st trimester, possibly the second.  But absolutely no third trimester abortions unless the mother's life is truly in jeopardy.

Unfortunately some democrats in east coast states threw down the gauntlet making abortion legal all the way up to 1 minute before birth.   Naturally the pro life side got angry at this in-your-face move and fought back.  

So I guess we'll see where it goes from here.  It may not be pleasant, but it will be interesting. :pop:

caskur

Quote from: "Blurt"Still waiting for Dove to provide a source for her claim that there are more abortion-related deaths now than when the procedure was illegal.

The claim certainly feels counter-factual.

Abortion has been legal in Australia for over 40 years. I've never heard of a single death yet.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "caskur"Keep your Roseries off their Ovaries....

Yay another bumper sticker slogan the mindless to parrot :001_rolleyes:

Quote from: "caskur"The law in Alabama will be reversed.... deal with it.
Not likely.   The supreme court will either decline to take the case--  which will allow the law  to stand.  OR they will take the case, and probably overturn Roe V Wade, which will also leave the Alabama law in place.

I don't believe the baby killers want a supreme court challenge either.

I can't believe abortions are carried out after the first trimester. Who does that?

Anyway, I think this rubbish fought in courts is just another way courts and lawyers scam money.

No one cares what their next door neighbor is doing with their hidden bits in their bedrooms at night but we're all supposed to care about strangers we don't know, wombs?
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote a woman who receives an abortion will not be held criminally culpable or civilly liable for receiving the abortion.

Great girls... you cannot have a medical expert help so you can go back to drinking a bottle of gin in a hot bath and whack a rusty coathanger up your hidden bits.

Let's party.
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Quote from: "caskur"Abortion has been legal in Australia for over 40 years. I've never heard of a single death yet.

You probably haven't heard about people dying from surgery either, but it happens all the time--The overall chance of dying within two months of surgery is one in 28 (3.6 per cent)

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"Abortion has been legal in Australia for over 40 years. I've never heard of a single death yet.

You probably haven't heard about people dying from surgery either, but it happens all the time--The overall chance of dying within two months of surgery is one in 28 (3.6 per cent)

Maybe on your backward continent.

There isn't "surgery" with Australian abortions, dopey.
- Andy Warhol

Wazzzup

Maybe on your backward continent.

There isn't "surgery" with Australian abortions, dopey.
Care to back that up with a link or some other proof?  Or are you just talking out of your big fat ass again?  

Oh wait, look at this from an Australian government run site--

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/abortion-procedures-surgical">https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/hea ... s-surgical">https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/abortion-procedures-surgical

Quote[size=150]Abortion is a common type of surgery in Australia....[/size]

...all surgery carries some risk.

Complications occur in around three per cent of surgical abortion cases.

Well how about that caskur you were talking out of your ass again. No surprise there though.

caskur

Well how about that caskur you were talking out of your ass again. No surprise there though.

Deceitful One hit wonder. 4 choices are given for the procedure.

From Aus Government site!

general anaesthetic – this makes you completely unconscious. Any operation involving a general anaesthetic carries risk. There is a danger of choking if fasting isn't properly undertaken beforehand[/b]

nitrous oxide gas – or a similar gas. This puts you in a state of 'twilight sleep'. You are awake, but sedated and calm

local anaesthetic – anaesthetic is injected into your cervix to make the area numb, so that you don't feel anything during the operation (this is known as a paracervical block)

local anaesthetic with intravenous sedation – a combination of intravenous sedation (sedative medication is put into your vein using an intravenous line) and local anaesthetic injected directly into your cervix.

No different to an exploratory bowel "operation" its not really the same as an appendectomy or triple bypass or brain cancer removal.

I doubt people would ask to be "knocked out" for a 15 minute procedure.  

Removing a wart can be called an operation.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/HealthyLiving/myths-and-facts-about-abortionMyths">https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/hea ... rtionMyths">https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/HealthyLiving/myths-and-facts-about-abortionMyths and facts about abortion

In Victoria, where abortion is available in a range of public and private settings, it is a safe, common and legal reproductive health choice.

Unplanned pregnancies occur for many reasons – for instance when contraception fails, is not available, or a woman does not consent to having sex. The decision to have an abortion is for each individual woman to make based on her unique circumstances.

What is abortion?

An abortion is the deliberate medical process of ending a pregnancy. An abortion is also known as a 'termination' or 'termination of pregnancy'.

There are two types of abortion procedures – surgical abortions and medical abortions.

Most surgical abortions are performed between 6 and 12 weeks of pregnancy, but they can be performed later as well. A surgical abortion is usually performed as a day procedure by a method called suction aspiration. Women having this procedure are usually under a general or local anaesthetic.

Medical abortion uses prescription medication given in doses over two or more days to end a pregnancy. This method of abortion can be performed for women whose pregnancy is up to nine weeks gestation.

There you go... take a couple of pills up to 9 weeks gestation and pop, it's all over.  

Where's the operation in that Wazzy fuzzy nuts?
- Andy Warhol