Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

What They are Teaching in Post Secondary Institutions

Started by Anonymous, January 27, 2021, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=413124 time=1623360990 user_id=156
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=413108 time=1623343323 user_id=56
Quote from: "cc la Mata Hari" post_id=413106 time=1623339448 user_id=88
^^^ I suspect there is a lot of that going around .. and more every day

Even woke companies who like woke concepts  will have to consider likewise - In the end,  they do have to survive in an always competitive world

Companies don't "like" being woke. My company is woke because that is the new cost of being ALLOWED to conduct business on this continent without being cancelled.

Exactly,... Most companies realize that in this current idiotic, sociopolitical climate that they have to walk a fine line and appear to be "woke" as a cost of doing business. And believe it or not, it has been going on, in some industries, for years now.

What industries were the first Renee?

Thiel

Even woke companies who like woke concepts  will have to consider likewise - In the end,  they do have to survive in an always competitive world

Companies don't "like" being woke. My company is woke because that is the new cost of being ALLOWED to conduct business on this continent without being cancelled.

I remember when companies went out of their way to be politically neutral.
gay, conservative and proud

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=413126 time=1623362048 user_id=3254
Quote from: Renee post_id=413124 time=1623360990 user_id=156

Exactly,... Most companies realize that in this current idiotic, sociopolitical climate that they have to walk a fine line and appear to be "woke" as a cost of doing business. And believe it or not, it has been going on, in some industries, for years now.

What industries were the first Renee?

Perhaps I used the wrong term and should have substituted "corporations" for "industries"...A lot of corporations have been recognizing things like "Pride" and "Black History Month" and stuff like that for quite some time now. I know the corporation I work for, which is a global company, has been doing things like that for years...Also you have to look at how many companies are or have been instituting practices like "sensitivity training" which is now almost a standard training tool in corporate departments like HR. The concept of "woke" in the business world is not new,...it's just that now we are seeing companies go overboard with it in response to the sociopolitical pressures we have today.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

John McWhorter, a black linguistics professor at Columbia University, says that parents who truly believe themselves to be anti-racist need to yank their kids out of schools that implement critical race theory into their curriculums.