The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Israel goes to the polls!!!

Started by Bricktop, May 29, 2019, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Moonpie

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"Who do you want?

I am a right winger, so I want the Likud coalition. But, I am a Russian secularist and I would like to see Yisrael Beytanu in the right wing coalition. But, the haredim parties will not compromise with right wing secularists. So, we could be stuck with Blue and White and their leftist partners.

Netanyahu has cancelled a trip to the UN and a meeting with Trump. It aint looking good for him. Benny Gantz could form a coalition with Arab parties.

About time...just sayin...

My understanding is the Arab parties in Israel are quite left wing meaning the economic reforms Netanyahu initiated could be in jeopardy.

That's what it's looking like.  He is also facing charges as well.  I'm

Right wing but I'm not a fan of his.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

I am a right winger, so I want the Likud coalition. But, I am a Russian secularist and I would like to see Yisrael Beytanu in the right wing coalition. But, the haredim parties will not compromise with right wing secularists. So, we could be stuck with Blue and White and their leftist partners.

Netanyahu has cancelled a trip to the UN and a meeting with Trump. It aint looking good for him. Benny Gantz could form a coalition with Arab parties.

My understanding is the Arab parties in Israel are quite left wing meaning the economic reforms Netanyahu initiated could be in jeopardy.

Those so called charges are political in nature just like the impeachment push against the Trump by House democRATs.  Bibi aint going to jail.

Moonpie

Those so called charges are political in nature just like the impeachment push against the Trump by House democRATs.  Bibi aint going to jail.

True, but did he win or not?  Israel times says he did.  I don't know.  But I think these charges are different and it's coming from the prosecutor.  It's not dems made up scheme bullshit but what do I know.  Looks more serious to me.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

True, but did he win or not?  Israel times says he did.  I don't know.  But I think these charges are different and it's coming from the prosecutor.  It's not dems made up scheme bullshit but what do I know.  Looks more serious to me.

Isn't it something about his wife accepting a fur coat. Our pm would be in jail in Israel for all the gifts he accepts or rather asks for.

Gaon

Netanyahu's bloc, comprised of right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties that have agreed to negotiate together, currently stands at 55 seats. The center-left bloc has 57 seats. Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu, who, with eight seats, has been confirmed as the election's kingmaker. We will know in a couple of days who he will make prime minister.
The Russian Rock It

Moonpie

Hmmmm.  Interesting.  Thank you!
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Netanyahu's bloc, comprised of right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties that have agreed to negotiate together, currently stands at 55 seats. The center-left bloc has 57 seats. Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu, who, with eight seats, has been confirmed as the election's kingmaker. We will know in a couple of days who he will make prime minister.

I see the religious parties are willing to compromise with Lieberman now. That guy is a frickin shrewd politician.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Gaon"Netanyahu's bloc, comprised of right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties that have agreed to negotiate together, currently stands at 55 seats. The center-left bloc has 57 seats. Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu, who, with eight seats, has been confirmed as the election's kingmaker. We will know in a couple of days who he will make prime minister.

I see the religious parties are willing to compromise with Lieberman now. That guy is a frickin shrewd politician.

Is he?  I need to read up on him.  I may be eating my words.  Just pray my family is safe they are Christian surrounded by Muslims in the West Bank. Scary thought.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

Is he?  I need to read up on him.  I may be eating my words.  Just pray my family is safe they are Christian surrounded by Muslims in the West Bank. Scary thought.

Old Gaon is the expert, but I have been to Israel. Lieberman is popular among the Russian diaspora in Israel. They aint very religious which pisses off the rabbis.

Gaon

I am surprised they have nor emigrated to avoid being cleansed.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Old Gaon is the expert, but I have been to Israel. Lieberman is popular among the Russian diaspora in Israel. They aint very religious which pisses off the rabbis.

Russian Israelis tend to be right wing, but secular.
The Russian Rock It

Moonpie

I am surprised they have nor emigrated to avoid being cleansed.

That's their country too.  It's all they know.  Hard to move away for some of them.  We have land there and I told them to sell and get out.  Now my father is here, he sold.  The Jews really don't bother them. I have a good Israeli friend over there.  He is up with the security there, thankful for him. But what you just said raises the red flag.  We aren't in Gaza though.
Moonpies for your soul..

Moonpie

Well...that wall is religious and I'm sure they want someone religious in there protecting it.  I don't know.  Not looking good.  I take it back.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

Well...that wall is religious and I'm sure they want someone religious in there protecting it.  I don't know.  Not looking good.  I take it back.

If you mean the Western Wall, it is a historic national monument. If you mean one of Israel's three border barriers, they are not religious either.

From what I have read about Netanyahu and from what old Gaon says, Netanyahu aint religious at all. I read he is a serial adulterer.

Moonpie

If you mean the Western Wall, it is a historic national monument. If you mean one of Israel's three border barriers, they are not religious either.

From what I have read about Netanyahu and from what old Gaon says, Netanyahu aint religious at all. I read he is a serial adulterer.

I meaning the border barriers and the holy ground in all. I think he is other things as well.

I was there recently and it seemed safe.  I just want my family safe Herman.  It frightens me.
Moonpies for your soul..